XPO | Moneyball , Sabermetrics , Empirical Analysis of Business

icuicp

TB Veteran
Credits
When you have the CEO ( Bradley Jacobs ) saying that $450 million a year is spent on technology and that this is the 'secret sauce' , it makes you wonder where almost a billion dollars every two years is going.

Whenever you read what Jacobs has to say about the application of this expensive tech , he hints at having deeper knowledge of customers and how to place drivers where they need to be when they need to be there.

If you watch sports you know athletes don't always buy into analytics. Some call it bullsh!t. The Cleveland Browns hired a Sabermetrics/Moneyball guy from baseball and they are 1-31 over the last two seasons.

In the case of LTL , it seems as though the leadership of XPO LTL gets it's information and makes it's decisions strictly on pumping up the share price. That's no different than a lot of other companies I suppose.

But , over two years , there seems to be zero desire to communicate with the LTL side ( other than what is absolutely necessary ) Some speculate on a possible sale.

But to the main point , do most companies the size of XPO Logistics spend nearly a billion dollars every few years on tech? Where does all of that money go? Shouldn't XPO Logistics be one of the most technologically advanced companies out there if this much money is going in?

I am hoping and praying they sell us. This short term business model is going to destroy our customer relations.
That's the thing though , personally , I think the upper management is well aware of what's going on with the customers and the front line workers.

It feels like they are purposefully ignoring what they are hearing and seeing ; Why?
Could it be that whatever the "analytics" from some software says is SOOOO good that Bradley Jacobs and the crew pay no attention to reality?

That's the thing though , personally , I think the upper management is well aware of what's going on with the customers and the front line workers.

It feels like they are purposefully ignoring what they are hearing and seeing ; Why?
Could it be that whatever the "analytics" from some software says is SOOOO good that Bradley Jacobs and the crew pay no attention to reality?
This is exactly what’s happening! There’s no way the entire group is so stupid to let this go on except for their short term job!

When you have the CEO ( Bradley Jacobs ) saying that $450 million a year is spent on technology and that this is the 'secret sauce' , it makes you wonder where almost a billion dollars every two years is going.

Whenever you read what Jacobs has to say about the application of this expensive tech , he hints at having deeper knowledge of customers and how to place drivers where they need to be when they need to be there.

If you watch sports you know athletes don't always buy into analytics. Some call it bullsh!t. The Cleveland Browns hired a Sabermetrics/Moneyball guy from baseball and they are 1-31 over the last two seasons.

In the case of LTL , it seems as though the leadership of XPO LTL gets it's information and makes it's decisions strictly on pumping up the share price. That's no different than a lot of other companies I suppose.

But , over two years , there seems to be zero desire to communicate with the LTL side ( other than what is absolutely necessary ) Some speculate on a possible sale.

But to the main point , do most companies the size of XPO Logistics spend nearly a billion dollars every few years on tech? Where does all of that money go? Shouldn't XPO Logistics be one of the most technologically advanced companies out there if this much money is going in?

Like I have been saying for the Last 2 yrs its all about pushing the stock price.. Stringent restraints on spending, Pay raises in the spring that are negated buy health care cost in the fall, continual degradation of benefits it all to make the profit appear larger. Rumored buy outs and purchases . Employee stock purchases that are strategically timed to pump the share price higher.

I think all the guessing why Xpo purchased us and where its heading is over. Its all about market timing now.

Fasten your seat belts

Just so it's clear , $450,000,000 million a year comes out to $37,000,000 a month. Soooooo much money. Where does it all go?

Maybe I don't understand or comprehend well enough , but just $50 million towards benefits would REALLY help the front line employees.
I’m sure you already understand, Bradley Ja obs ain’t worried about frontline employees. They are an expense to him. BASTARD!!

Just so it's clear , $450,000,000 million a year comes out to $37,000,000 a month. Soooooo much money. Where does it all go?

Maybe I don't understand or comprehend well enough , but just $50 million towards benefits would REALLY help the front line employees.
You must look at the size of XPO and not just the LTL part 450 million might look like a lot but you must remember the size of XPO with all the different division XPO has. I read a report that UPS plan on spending 7 billion this year

You must look at the size of XPO and not just the LTL part 450 million might look like a lot but you must remember the size of XPO with all the different division XPO has. I read a report that UPS plan on spending 7 billion this year
I am fine with the idea of spending money to make money. I just openly ask , where does it go and what is it spent on? Over a million dollars a day for tech? Even if you spread that out over the entire company you would think this technology ( $450 million a year ) would be more visible and have more of a positive impact on daily operations.

I am fine with the idea of spending money to make money. I just openly ask , where does it go and what is it spent on? Over a million dollars a day for tech? Even if you spread that out over the entire company you would think this technology ( $450 million a year ) would be more visible and have more of a positive impact on daily operations.

Look at the 4th quarter results and the current stock price. He is getting a solid return on his investment. That technology is spitting out whatever Wall Street wants to hear.