ABF | more closures announced today..."consolidation"

trubigtymer

TB Lurker
Credits
notified by management that the company is closing columbus in, jasper in, and terre haute in. by early february... and shutting down brownsburg in and moving it to the former alvan barn in indy...

Wow and the "Man" told me they weren't closing Terre haute yet. Maybe he meant right this second. But yes I can confirm 242 Columbus in from the guy who made the decision.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You are the op you don't understand the term confirm.
Where are you out of.
I work at 242

You are the op you don't understand the term confirm.
Where are you out of.
I work at 242

i can when saucier and two other suits standing in my face telling me this at nine a.m. today... i already knew u were out of 242... 032 here....

No offense but confirm means that someone else confirms your story you can't confirm your own. Or at least it means nothing when you do. Still the same person alledging the facts . not that anyone disbelieves you. It's just without hard evidence like something printed that was scanned and posted we cant be totally sure that everyone is being told the same story

Confirmed.... But not sure what terminals

Form 8-K for ARKANSAS BEST CORP /DE/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4-Dec-2013

Other Events

ITEM 8.01 - OTHER EVENTS
On December 4, 2013, ABF Freight System, Inc., the largest subsidiary of Arkansas Best Corporation (Nasdaq: ABFS), filed a change of operations proposal that upon implementation will result in improved transit times for customers, enhanced operational efficiency and greater density in the carrier's less-than-truckload freight network. The company will continue to directly serve customers in all the markets it currently serves.

Upon implementation of this change of operations, the number of total ABF service facilities will be reduced to 247 from 277 at the beginning of 2013. In the second half of 2013, eight smaller terminals were consolidated without disruption to customers. The change of operations filed today outlines the consolidation of an additional 22 smaller terminals into nearby facilities.

The proposed change is part of an ongoing, dynamic network analysis that was initiated in 2013 along with other efforts at ABF Freight to return the company to sustained, historic profitability. ABF Freight operates both a regional and long-haul network across the United States.

ABF Freight is in the process of meeting and reviewing the proposed change with all local unions involved. All of these meetings will be concluded prior to the hearing for this matter, in accordance with Article 8, Section 6 of the ABF National Master Freight Agreement. The company has requested that the proposed change of operations be docketed for a hearing as soon as possible in early January.

Upon approval and implementation, as previously stated, Arkansas Best Corporation will provide more detail on associated, anticipated cost savings during its first quarter 2014 earnings conference call, expected to occur sometime in late April.

The following is a "safe harbor" statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: Statements contained in this report that are not based on historical facts are "forward-looking statements." Terms such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "forecast," "intend," "plan," "predict," "prospects," "scheduled," "should," "would," and similar expressions and the negatives of such terms are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Such statements are by their nature subject to uncertainties and risk including, but not limited to, a workforce stoppage by our employees covered under our collective bargaining agreement or unfavorable terms of future collective bargaining agreements; relationships with employees, including unions; general economic conditions and related shifts in market demand that impact the performance and needs of industries served by Arkansas Best Corporation's subsidiaries and/or limit our customers' access to adequate financial resources; union and nonunion employee wages and benefits, including changes in required contributions to multiemployer pension plans; competitive initiatives, pricing pressures, and the effect of volatility in fuel prices and the associated changes in fuel surcharges on securing increases in base freight rates and the inability to collect fuel surcharges; availability of fuel; default on covenants of financing arrangements and the availability and terms of future financing arrangements; availability and cost of reliable third-party services; disruptions or failures of services essential to the use of information technology platforms in our business; availability,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

timing, and amount of capital expenditures; future costs of operating expenses such as fuel and related taxes; self-insurance claims and insurance premium costs; governmental regulations and policies; future climate change legislation; potential impairment of goodwill and intangible assets; the impact of our brand and corporate reputation; the cost, timing, and performance of growth initiatives; the cost, integration, and performance of any future acquisitions; the costs of continuing investments in technology, a failure of our information systems, and the impact of cyber incidents; weather conditions; and other financial, operational, and legal risks and uncertainties detailed from time to time in Arkansas Best Corporation's Securities and Exchange Commission public filings.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, isn't this 2013 already? I don't know who put out this statement but they should have proof read it before they released it.Maybe they meant 2014 I don't know. Or maybe it's just a bunch of B.S.!

Nothing in region 1 from what I was told. It's going to be the smaller terminals like the ones with 10 guys or less.

Hmm this sounds like the major changes we were supposed to avoid if we approved the contract.

Hmm this sounds like the major changes we were supposed to avoid if we approved the contract.

That's just another lie that everyone was expected to forget by now...lol

6765685095.png

ABF warns of major network changes if it can't lower labor costs and gain flexibility – DC Velocity

Another thing...and someone correct me if I'm mistaken...I believe that all three...Columbus...Jasper and Terre Haute Indiana votes were all counted in with Indianapolis...Local 135. Which was a Yes Local both times.

6996041021.jpg

1285704493.png

Just Judy and Roy's way of saying "Thank You" for being so gullible!

I wonder how many people bought that line. :shrug: I know we fought hard to dispel that one. ABF is not a charity and if it made sense to close them they would do so. Besides they didn't want to close them earlier and **** anyone off and reduce their chances of fleecing us.