Yellow | More crooks

More than once I have wondered why the IBT has Prudential handling our 401K, they ummm......errrrr.....uuuhhhh are far from the best investment firm that I deal with.

More than once I have wondered why the IBT has Prudential handling our 401K, they ummm......errrrr.....uuuhhhh are far from the best investment firm that I deal with.
My 401-k is doing just fine, better than I had hoped, actually.

My 401-k is doing just fine, better than I had hoped, actually.
If you just buy mutual funds and leave it there it might be a different story. Have you looked into the fees they charge and compare them to other companies like Fidelity and Vanguard? Their fees for stock trades are substantially more than they were when we had our ABF 401k's at Fidelity. And whenever I tried to do anything on my iPad during the day I couldn't make any moves. There were a couple of times that the market was way high and I wanted to move out of some funds and couldn't because they wouldn't let me do it on my iPad.

If you just buy mutual funds and leave it there it might be a different story. Have you looked into the fees they charge and compare them to other companies like Fidelity and Vanguard? Their fees for stock trades are substantially more than they were when we had our ABF 401k's at Fidelity. And whenever I tried to do anything on my iPad during the day I couldn't make any moves. There were a couple of times that the market was way high and I wanted to move out of some funds and couldn't because they wouldn't let me do it on my iPad.

If you treat your 401-k like a day trader account, you deserve to pay high fees. Choose your investments wisely and stay the course.

If you treat your 401-k like a day trader account, you deserve to pay high fees. Choose your investments wisely and stay the course.
I like that advice, El. You sound like Sean Connery as the captain of the Red October. A wise man, making sound decisions!!!!!

No day trader here but when I know I'm going to make some moves I have a window in mind and when the price is on a high and I'm in that window I want to jump and take advantage of it. A big high on Wall Street is usually followed by a dramatic drop and when my window is limited I want to make that trade when I want to make it. See, those mutual funds trade at the end of the day after the market closes and at that price for the market close. I get home from work and it's too late to take advantage of that high. I don't have trading problems with Fidelity. And mutual funds have fees whether you trade them or not and Prudential's fees are higher than many.