More givebacks on the way??

fis the management problem then talk to me..why is it that other companies pay more and are having no problems and havent taken any pay cuts..r&l,estes,old dominion..if they are doing ok and your gonna tell me were not...take a look at the docks..at my barn they are full even before we get back from our daily runs...and linehaul hasnt even showed up for the night...full trailers going out an dcoming back but were not making ENOUGH money...how about i come in and pay you mike! there are alot of different options for the company and union to work out..lets explore all of them first
I worked for a major chemical company,where 3 to 5 trailer loads per day was going out on NEMF.The manager said it was cheaper than using our own trucks,with their discounts being the highest around.

why continue to give big discount if the formula and that businessapproach clearly hasnt worked one bit..wlak away from the freight and focus on better customer service on the ones you have know..let other companies move it for nothing and see how long they can last..it's not worth a big discount just to keep some freight on the trucks...you lose money in the end but let ups freight give 90% discounts so that they can try and put out yrc which we all know isnt gonna happen..wouldnt it be nice if there was a bottom price that nobody could go below?..then it would be about customer service which should matter more these days since the shippers are laughing all the way to the bank >:(

[quote author=disturbed1 link=topic=77238.msg812310#msg812310 date=1268588886]
why continue to give big discount if the formula and that businessapproach clearly hasnt worked one bit..wlak away from the freight and focus on better customer service on the ones you have know..let other companies move it for nothing and see how long they can last..it's not worth a big discount just to keep some freight on the trucks...you lose money in the end but let ups freight give 90% discounts so that they can try and put out yrc which we all know isnt gonna happen..wouldnt it be nice if there was a bottom price that nobody could go below?..then it would be about customer service which should matter more these days since the shippers are laughing all the way to the bank >:(
[/quote]
I have said this on other forums.The government should step in and put some type of regulation back in the trucking industry..This way all companies would be capable of being profitable again therefore no company{ YRC looking for pension relief} would look to the government for help.],thus saving the government billions over the long run..

I don't agree with the government reinstating regulation. How about these companies, such as NEMF hire competent people to run their business efficiently and profitably. Learn how to run your business our go out of business, it works in other industries. The government has their hands in our lives too much as it is, they don't need to get back involved in this dopey freight business.

[quote author=disturbed1 link=topic=77238.msg812310#msg812310 date=1268588886]

Less freight = Less jobs