Central Transport | more info on our future

uncivilhoss

TB Lurker
Credits
From another very good source w:banana:ho knows people high up in central transport the plan is to basically let vitran go bankrupt then close the doors that way manny can claim a 250 million dollar loss then they are going to try and keep 30% of our drivers while expanding central by arround the same percent from what i was told they want to update their fleet with the trucks we have and our trailers with the the company bankrupt manny can also be able to not pay vitran employes their vacation or pto days because the company has no money that is his real plan screw vitran people while filling his pockets

I hunt and golf with the main person that is calling all the shot's from the CT side and although he will not tell me all, what your saying can't be farther from the truth. He is from the Pjax's team and has all our best interest in his intentions.

If there is a bankruptcy there would be a bankruptcy sale to pay off debts and bills and no equipment to go around.

I hunt and golf with the main person that is calling all the shot's from the CT side and although he will not tell me all, what your saying can't be farther from the truth. He is from the Pjax's team and has all our best interest in his intentions.

If you are golfing and hunting with someone from the PJAX side ( now at CT) , I can promise you they are not calling the shots at all. Matthew, Manuel, CJ and a few others are calling the shots. There are a lot of PJAX people at CT, around 8 of them and none of them are high enough up to be calling any shots. Have they been asked for input and or questioned, yes. Calling any shots, no.

From another very good source w:banana:ho knows people high up in central transport the plan is to basically let vitran go bankrupt then close the doors that way manny can claim a 250 million dollar loss then they are going to try and keep 30% of our drivers while expanding central by arround the same percent from what i was told they want to update their fleet with the trucks we have and our trailers with the the company bankrupt manny can also be able to not pay vitran employes their vacation or pto days because the company has no money that is his real plan screw vitran people while filling his pockets

Bull capital S with a Hit, that is all you are spewing, $hit and lies. You eyes are completely brown bro, 100%! Way too much money being spent already to prove you wrong.

What we as Vitran employees need to do is not listen to all the crazy talk that is going around. We need to pick up business in any way that we can in order to prove that we are a worthy company and a value to the new owner. If we can do this, then it will change for our benefit. We can all grow business in some way from our position. Whether it is getting the bills processed correctly with minimal mistakes so we can get all the money due, upselling our services, making timely deliveries when they are supposed to be there and stop excuses for not making it, loading our loads to capacity and making more direct loads that can deliver more timely, and the list goes on. We need to get some pride in who we are as a company and stop sitting back and letting this bring us to the point of being on edge and not caring what happens. If we are going out then let's at least go out knowing there was absolutely nothing else we could have done to save what we have. Nobody likes to work. That is what it is called work and they have to pay us to do it. If we all do our jobs to the best of our abilities then we only have ourselves to blame for failures. I love my job and don't want to be unemployed any more than the next person so I am going to step up and do as much as i can and learn as much as i can about other things going on around me so i can be better than I was when i joined the Vitran team.

All this has done nothing to help the spirit of things around Vitran and that is the biggest hurdle we as a company face. We need to take more pride in who we are and what we are doing and maybe things will turn around on their own with our help. It's worth a shot at keeping our jobs and our company!! I know there are many out there that will not agree with me and chose to take the negative side. If you do, that is on you. As long as I know I am doing all I can in my job, then if we go out, I will walk away proud of the person I am and the job I done to attempt to make a change in who we are and how we are perceived as a business. I saw we stop chasing greatness and just make it happen for God's sake!!!

our fates have already been decided what effort you make has no bearing on what is going on.pride and leadership needs to come from from the top too

our fates have already been decided what effort you make has no bearing on what is going on.pride and leadership needs to come from from the top too

I agree we ALL need to take the pride and leadership. I was not leaving out one person who works for Vitran!

My son plays college football. At his game last week, he played well over all, but 2 plays stood out. Both were missed tackles. The first I could tell after watching him play for 16+ years, he dogged it. He didn't try hard and it went for a TD for the other team. The other, he was on 100% and just couldn't catch the kid. I asked him after the game which one pissed him off the most and he said the first. I asked him why and he said because he could have had him. He said he was tired, upset about a previous call and just took a play off. He said he knew if he wouldn't of, he would have made the play. The second one, the guy was just too fast. He wasn't upset at all really about that one, he tried the very best he could. He was in the spot, did all the right things and tried his hardest, he had nothing to be ashamed about. More ppl need this type of thinking around here, do your best and go home proud.

If you are golfing and hunting with someone from the PJAX side ( now at CT) , I can promise you they are not calling the shots at all. Matthew, Manuel, CJ and a few others are calling the shots. There are a lot of PJAX people at CT, around 8 of them and none of them are high enough up to be calling any shots. Have they been asked for input and or questioned, yes. Calling any shots, no.

I know the person I think catchmeifyoucan is referring to and yes he is very high up, he left Pjax/Vitran when they started merging the terminals 6 years ago, from what I understand he only answers to Matthew and Manuel. He was very loyal to Pjax, the only reason he left is he knew there would be no need for 2 tm"s when the terminals came together and had the opportunity at CT so he took it and ran with it.

our fate is already in the balance and we tried for years only to have corporate run this company into the ground, take from the bottomfeeders and never from themselves. this change, even though it's unknown, will be a new beginning and a breath of fresh air.

it's unfortunate that few of us know the immenent future. The pattern for the Maroun family is to acquire,eliminate and absorb the profit.

First, he may bankrupt Vitran, but who says he can add to his fleet? most are leased, and no one can stack a claim against them other than the leasing company unless a FEDERAL JUDGE says so. Second, where do you get the $250M figure? property and equipment owned out right? third, PTO and Vacation time? well your half right, depending on your state anyway, here they have to pay you any vacation time you have coming, but not PTO, that is the law and they do not want to sidestep it unless they want the state to confiscate their property for auction

What we as Vitran employees need to do is not listen to all the crazy talk that is going around. We need to pick up business in any way that we can in order to prove that we are a worthy company and a value to the new owner. If we can do this, then it will change for our benefit. We can all grow business in some way from our position. Whether it is getting the bills processed correctly with minimal mistakes so we can get all the money due, upselling our services, making timely deliveries when they are supposed to be there and stop excuses for not making it, loading our loads to capacity and making more direct loads that can deliver more timely, and the list goes on. We need to get some pride in who we are as a company and stop sitting back and letting this bring us to the point of being on edge and not caring what happens. If we are going out then let's at least go out knowing there was absolutely nothing else we could have done to save what we have. Nobody likes to work. That is what it is called work and they have to pay us to do it. If we all do our jobs to the best of our abilities then we only have ourselves to blame for failures. I love my job and don't want to be unemployed any more than the next person so I am going to step up and do as much as i can and learn as much as i can about other things going on around me so i can be better than I was when i joined the Vitran team.

All this has done nothing to help the spirit of things around Vitran and that is the biggest hurdle we as a company face. We need to take more pride in who we are and what we are doing and maybe things will turn around on their own with our help. It's worth a shot at keeping our jobs and our company!! I know there are many out there that will not agree with me and chose to take the negative side. If you do, that is on you. As long as I know I am doing all I can in my job, then if we go out, I will walk away proud of the person I am and the job I done to attempt to make a change in who we are and how we are perceived as a business. I saw we stop chasing greatness and just make it happen for God's sake!!!

Are you a new Vitran employee, If you have been their long enough you wouldn't be so gung ho. I've been Pjaxxed. Worn down and bled. No gung ho left. Im pretty sure I speak for most that have been their more than a few years.

I'ts funny how some people wait til it's said and done, and then want to pick up the pace and do what they should have been doing , all along from day one . Too late to start bustin your arss now. Brown eyes!!!!!:poster_stupid: has hit the fan.:coffee1:

You golf with Thumper? Lol small world! :)

Are you a new Vitran employee, If you have been their long enough you wouldn't be so gung ho. I've been Pjaxxed. Worn down and bled. No gung ho left. Im pretty sure I speak for most that have been their more than a few years.

I have been there a few years and figure I have nothing to lose by being positive about this whole thing. My fate is sealed either way so I am choosing to be positive and hope for the best in this situation. I have a couple back up plans in place and ready to part with some extra things i enjoy now if I was to end up with no job. A HUGE part of Vitran problems is the morale and I am not buying into it and that IS something I have control over!

I have been there a few years and figure I have nothing to lose by being positive about this whole thing. My fate is sealed either way so I am choosing to be positive and hope for the best in this situation. I have a couple back up plans in place and ready to part with some extra things i enjoy now if I was to end up with no job. A HUGE part of Vitran problems is the morale and I am not buying into it and that IS something I have control over!

Kind of funny, not you but your mentality. Its too hard to give a crap anymore. Tired of it. To be honest I hope they close. Or fire us all. They wore me completely out. Be nice to have a few months off paid to take time looking for a real job.... Sounds bad to some but I cant help it.