SAIA | more layoffs in mid Feb.

I think someone posted Saia was doing a layoff and he was making a clarification it was FedEx not Saia!! He can post and let us know its FedEx!! It sucks for them but makes me sleep a little easier knowing!!

talked to a oma driver tonight and he said there was a memo put out on tues. stating more layoffs to come and be to announced in mid Feb, nothing about how many or where but would affect top to bottom. Didnt see with my own eyes but I trust the source. any one else??????:

There is 900 people being laid off at 130 centers that are efected between dock road and city.

why is this guy on our board talking about fed ex layoffs?

I think he lost track of where he was posting, or was just sharing how hard Fed-Ex got hit with lay offs....No harm no foul...:smilie_132:

It caught me off guard as well. I was wondering how we would make all the deliveries and pick ups if we laid off another few hundred.

well as we know ciba is a big account but basf just bout those guys what will it do to us because as we all know basf sends everything over seas.

listen pooh1 go to yellow frieght so you can see what a union is all about we only lost our 401k and got a raise, Im cool with that, ask them boys at yellow what they got and then tell me if you want to go union. Ive been with saia for seven years now Im cool!

We use to get massive totes from BASF here, but we have rarely gotten them lately.

On a side note.....let's keep the union/non union debate out of this thread.

well as we know ciba is a big account but basf just bout those guys what will it do to us because as we all know basf sends everything over seas.
BASF is an international chemical corp. They have a lot fingers in a lot of pies. I used to pick up at a whse/plant that made the raw material for spray foam insulation used for everything from insulating the fuel tanks on the space shuttle to the foam used in making boats. They moved that production to HST. Some of the product went to Mexico, but a lot also went to jobsites and manufacturing facilities domestically.

things are slow here in the west too; but we go by a normal rotation, top to bottom. the way i understand it, you can't be cut twice in one week. hope things start to get better soon so we can all have work jan, feb, march are always slow,...hang on!

things are slow here in the west too; but we go by a normal rotation, top to bottom. the way i understand it, you can't be cut twice in one week. hope things start to get better soon so we can all have work jan, feb, march are always slow,...hang on!

I've been cut twice in one week once in 4 years I've been here and it happened a few weeks ago. It's not so much the freight level, as it was the person in central dispatch dispatching our area.