TForce | MOU on layoff (company vs. classification

This is true, We must work 156 reports in a calendar year to accumulate vacation time. A report would also include any paid time off from work such as, vacation time, sick, discretionary, jury or personal day. In other words once you start to get close to that mark of being out of work for (roughly) more than 5 months, the risk of not accumulating vacation time for the following year exists...............ratio 40 reports=1 vacation day.

I don't recall this when it was Overnite. But then I never missed work so I'm not sure. But it's the same for medical.
If you don't get so many hours in a month you lose it. No matter what medical problems you have. Such a caring company.

I don't recall this when it was Overnite. But then I never missed work so I'm not sure. But it's the same for medical.
If you don't get so many hours in a month you lose it. No matter what medical problems you have. Such a caring company.

its 30 hours a month for medical

Better rethink, one board is coming boys, read the writing on the wall. The ones who dont want it are in the bottom third of seniority always. What if a city driver hurts his back and decides to heal it properly he will take 6 months and run the road. What if a road driver gets his run cut and doesnt want another run on the road? Should he after 20 plus years be forced on the dock or go where his seniority takes him next bid? I used to be so much against it but im rethinking this issue. Yes i am a steward also.

Better rethink, one board is coming boys, read the writing on the wall. The ones who dont want it are in the bottom third of seniority always. What if a city driver hurts his back and decides to heal it properly he will take 6 months and run the road. What if a road driver gets his run cut and doesnt want another run on the road? Should he after 20 plus years be forced on the dock or go where his seniority takes him next bid? I used to be so much against it but im rethinking this issue. Yes i am a steward also.

You are correct, Over all the years I worked here, I have seen the bottom Road schedules terminated due to slow freight volumes and the bottom road drivers who may have 5, 10, 15 or more years of service get forced to the bottom of the city board. The problem, When they cut these runs, its because the freight volumes are slow, this also means the city is slow, these drivers hardly see any work and sit home and watch new hires work every day. I have always had a problem with this. Seniority is all we have at this point. One list takes all the confusion out of a terminal in any situation. We are all Work As Directed Employees, We should all be One Company, One Union, One List.

Well, If you had enough drivers go along with that more power to you if that is what your terminal wants.
If this was a new start up company and everyone decided to have one board I would be ok with that.

However, This is not a new start up company. Drivers in different classifications spent years and years to get the place they are at. Myself being at the top would benefit with a one board going back in forth. But fair is fair and I wouldn't be for that and most agree with me.

So you people in in New England enjoy your new one board but we will never be completely uniform.

I guess that will be ok to.

Skeeter, I also had nothing to gain with one list as I am also at the top. I guess the difference here is that over the years I have seen many senior drivers forced to the bottom ofthe city board because their runs were terminated and they sat home and starved while employees with much less company time worked everyday. Some of these drivers were forced to leave the company. This was back when the company did not layoff, they just let you sit home for months on end wondering if you still had a job.

How would you feel if UPS decided to terminate all the line haul runs at your terminal and you all were forced to the bottom of the city list? How would you feel sitting at home all winter long, struggling to put food on the table for your family with your 25-30 years of service, while employees with much less years of service work every day? Imagine your 30 years of service sitting home and watching an employee with 6 months of service work every day...........This is a scenario that could happen. I have witnessed it myself.

This is the best way to resolve most of the problems in the system with seniority. And is the fairest system developed for the union.

This is the best way to resolve most of the problems in the system with seniority. And is the fairest system developed for the union.
Class seniority systems Are in effect and working all over the country in Master freight contracts .Just because it works well in a 15 man barn does not mean it will work everywhere. I'm glad its working for you but you will never see it in a hub .

What's everyones thinking on barns with two locals?
I'm not sure how many there are out there.

sucks, causes way to many problems. our dock can't become drivers becasue they can't switch unions. when a city driver has no work they sit at home, while if a road driver has no run or work they have the opportunity to work the dock or spot. there is no opportunity for movement here in chicago, no more switching classifications due to two unions. dock can't drive, city can't move to road, all because of the 2 unions.

sucks, causes way to many problems. our dock can't become drivers becasue they can't switch unions. when a city driver has no work they sit at home, while if a road driver has no run or work they have the opportunity to work the dock or spot. there is no opportunity for movement here in chicago, no more switching classifications due to two unions. dock can't drive, city can't move to road, all because of the 2 unions.

Do you UPS parcel has one board. NO! When there is a open they transfer just like we can. There is package and feeder.

Do you UPS parcel has one board. NO! When there is a open they transfer just like we can. There is package and feeder.

i work out of cgo/057
transfer??? that doesn't exist here anymore, i know a few dock guys that obtained a cdl but are not able to become drivers. they have been told they can't switch unions . they are now 710 and city is 705. the 710 steward said they could become road drivers, but past practices interfers. upsgf rule book states in order to become a road driver you must have atleast 2 years of city driveing to qualify. so if you can't become a city driver you can't become a road driver.
maybe things are more f'd up here then other terminals due to haveing 2 locals.

Class seniority systems Are in effect and working all over the country in Master freight contracts .Just because it works well in a 15 man barn does not mean it will work everywhere. I'm glad its working for you but you will never see it in a hub .

Well, we have 50 people in my barn and works quite well. Maybe it isn't for everyone. In referance to 2 locals, well I would pull my hair out.

us motor cargo drivers sure do want to see you get it dry.....getting a taste of your own medicine. what's the your o manager won't give you the special treatment you were getting.
2 boards, have to take a lunch at meet point don't get paid for waiting....guess what I do I get paid for all I do and every mile I drive and I do not have to work the dock or any where else when I am waiting...wake me when my trailers are ready I will be sleeping in my truck.
blah, blah, blah.

i work out of cgo/057
transfer??? that doesn't exist here anymore, i know a few dock guys that obtained a cdl but are not able to become drivers. they have been told they can't switch unions . they are now 710 and city is 705. the 710 steward said they could become road drivers, but past practices interfers. upsgf rule book states in order to become a road driver you must have atleast 2 years of city driveing to qualify. so if you can't become a city driver you can't become a road driver.
maybe things are more f'd up here then other terminals due to haveing 2 locals.
I went through this about 3 yeas ago. You don't have to actually be classified as a city driver to be cleared for the road. You only have to to have a class A and be cleared by the company for city operations for 1 year to be eligible for the road. They will tell all kinds of crap to keep you from jumping boards.

us motor cargo drivers sure do want to see you get it dry.....getting a taste of your own medicine. what's the your o manager won't give you the special treatment you were getting.
2 boards, have to take a lunch at meet point don't get paid for waiting....guess what I do I get paid for all I do and every mile I drive and I do not have to work the dock or any where else when I am waiting...wake me when my trailers are ready I will be sleeping in my truck.
blah, blah, blah.

Ask not what your company can do for you. But ask what you can do for your company. :biglaugh: