SEFL | moving south

gtr1186

TB Lurker
Credits
Going to be moving to Jacksonville Fl. In dec. Thinking about trying to get in at Sefl. 16 yrs of p&d and the last 13 plus in linehaul. All out of Clv ohio area

Going to be moving to Jacksonville Fl. In dec. Thinking about trying to get in at Sefl. 16 yrs of p&d and the last 13 plus in linehaul. All out of Clv ohio area
Go with Fedex freight or upsf. I've been with Sefl for many years and can tell you that a job here is only as secure as your relationship with your terminal manager

Go with Fedex freight or upsf. I've been with Sefl for many years and can tell you that a job here is only as secure as your relationship with your terminal manager
Well thats nothing new . Lol was really wanting to find out some info on starting out there. Wages, benefits, what kind of work to expect if I run linehaul. You know.. all the usual questions

58 cent a mile. Most likely at jax you will have to start in the city. If I'm not mistaken jax has a team truck you would have to ride that before you would be solo. Line haul is all seniority.

58 cent a mile. Most likely at jax you will have to start in the city. If I'm not mistaken jax has a team truck you would have to ride that before you would be solo. Line haul is all seniority.
Thanks hotrod.. just going to roll the dice and see what happens.

I don't think Jax has a team truck but city drivers are waiting in line for line haul. They put 9 line haul drivers on in last year. They made most 3-2 to 2 1/2 and that created a bunch of new runs. All drivers went from city to line haul and there are more waiting.

Any thoughts on OD?.. Will not be hiring till after first of year good LH OUT OF THERE

OD has the best operating ratio. I've heard good things from their drivers. B
I can assure you that you would love being at OD ! We just don't seem to have as many of the problems that the other LTL's
are beset with. I'm a 9yr man and couldn't imagine being anywhere else. I think it'd be worth a look.

I can assure you that you would love being at OD ! We just don't seem to have as many of the problems that the other LTL's
are beset with. I'm a 9yr man and couldn't imagine being anywhere else. I think it'd be worth a look.
Trust me OD is on top of the list