R&L | Mr. Roberts and Family

braceface

TB Regular
Credits
There have been quite a few negative comments on the R&L forum lately, from a handful of posters...I would like to offer a different point of view...

I for one would like to say to you and your family, that I appreciate the job I have at R&L Carriers,and I believe a majority of your employee's appreciate their job here, and are thankful for their job...

R&L Carriers is your company, you built it from one truck, with tremendous odds against you....I admire you tremendously, a majority of us admire what you have done..I feel that you and your family are extremely generous, and I don't believe I am going out on a limb by saying, most of your employee's feel this way as well!!!

Most of your employee's don't feel that you owe them anything other than the paycheck we earn each week...Most of us think the pay you offer us is fair...

We are thankful for the resorts that you offer us, we certainly understand that this is truly generosity on your part..What other trucking company offers anything else like this? NONE!!!!

Yes we would have liked to have had a raise, but a vast majority of us understand that the economy is what it is, and we are thankful we didn't have our pay cut, or the company contribution to our 401-k cut..

If you were truly the heartless greedy SOB that some on these boards have made you out to be, you could have cut our pay, and the 401-k, and there would not have been anything we could have done about it...

If you have 3 yahts, or 30, most of your employee's don't care, if you needed or wanted a bigger, faster jet, this is your business, not mine...You have worked and sacrificed and took risks that are unimaginable. You treat your employee's fair, and most of us know, that you care about the people that work for you...

Most of us don't care how big your house is,how many homes you own, if Roby put fancy tile down, or if Jr. swims with the sharks in his pool, or has a bunch of tractors...It is none of anyones business...The money/profits you make is yours, and most of us admire you for what you have accomplised with your life...

I have met you, shook your hand, and I know you and your family care about your company, and care about your employee's...After seeing all the negative comments on these forums lately,I just couldn't just stand by, and not say something... I just wanted you to know, there are a lot of us out here thankful for R&L Carriers and the Roberts family....

Well said Braveface.....People should appreciate all of the benefits they have with this Owner. I may be going out on a limb here but this probably the best job that most everyone has ever had.

R+L

I can tell you the Las Vegas Term is not 100% happy. But who is. But we do feel we are treated fair. And they do take what we have to say to heart. If you know anything about this Term. You know they showed the door to the TM. Not the drivers. Why because we used the tools R+L gave us to speak. The open door. And they felt the drivers were being mistreated and the TM was working for the TM not R+L. I would only work for one other Company and that is AAA Cooper. I worked for them before moving to Las Vegas. Go to there web site and look at the history of that Company. It is not the same but the way the company stated is. One truck. The haters should move on or get in the game.

I, for one don't think most of the problems right now is because of the Roberts. Even though they are the owners, I believe they put their trust in certain people to run the company (obviously Zimmerman) and these people are getting carried away with some decisions that I don't think Roberts senior would have made. Also, I keep hearing this thing about getting a "raise" this year. With the economy the way it is, a "raise" should be out of the question. What I and most others were talking about is a "cost of living increase". A "raise" means more in your pocket at the end of the week, year, etc. A cost of living increase means that you still have the same amount of money in your pocket at the end of the week, year, etc. For those on here that don't know what a cost of living increase is, it is when your daily necessities like gas, food, heat, etc. go up. Now that I have cleared that up, lets for now on not use the term "raise" unless it is appropriate.

Quit sucking up-just kidding. I have plenty of complaints about how things are being ran right now,but I do appreciate my job. This is a good company to work for,and I do have ALOT of respect for Larry Sr.-the others have yet to earn the same respect. From what I hear all this mess with the outside carriers and Paramont are Roby's and/or Jr's ideas. I think that bringing Zimmerman in was a brilliant idea,but that was Sr's doing. He is the one with the forethought to do whatever it takes to stay one step ahead of the competition. I am PROUD to work for such a man,he is a true capitalist. Live long and prosper Mr. Roberts,and may The Force be with you.

I can tell you the Las Vegas Term is not 100% happy. But who is. But we do feel we are treated fair. And they do take what we have to say to heart. If you know anything about this Term. You know they showed the door to the TM. Not the drivers. Why because we used the tools R+L gave us to speak. The open door. And they felt the drivers were being mistreated and the TM was working for the TM not R+L. I would only work for one other Company and that is AAA Cooper. I worked for them before moving to Las Vegas. Go to there web site and look at the history of that Company. It is not the same but the way the company stated is. One truck. The haters should move on or get in the game.

Arent you the driver that worked in the Greenwood system and is good friends with Tedro??

Quit sucking up-just kidding. I have plenty of complaints about how things are being ran right now,but I do appreciate my job. This is a good company to work for,and I do have ALOT of respect for Larry Sr.-the others have yet to earn the same respect. From what I hear all this mess with the outside carriers and Paramont are Roby's and/or Jr's ideas. I think that bringing Zimmerman in was a brilliant idea,but that was Sr's doing. He is the one with the forethought to do whatever it takes to stay one step ahead of the competition. I am PROUD to work for such a man,he is a true capitalist. Live long and prosper Mr. Roberts,and may The Force be with you.

The way your kissing Zimmerman's butt,I would almost think you were him.He hasn't done enough here to warrant saying its a brilliant idea yet.

The way your kissing Zimmerman's butt,I would almost think you were him.He hasn't done enough here to warrant saying its a brilliant idea yet.

Well said shadow, theres more management on this site than there is peons. I have to agree everything they have done is brillant :duh::loser: but for who?

There have been quite a few negative comments on the R&L forum lately, from a handful of posters...I would like to offer a different point of view...

I for one would like to say to you and your family, that I appreciate the job I have at R&L Carriers,and I believe a majority of your employee's appreciate their job here, and are thankful for their job...

R&L Carriers is your company, you built it from one truck, with tremendous odds against you....I admire you tremendously, a majority of us admire what you have done..I feel that you and your family are extremely generous, and I don't believe I am going out on a limb by saying, most of your employee's feel this way as well!!!

Most of your employee's don't feel that you owe them anything other than the paycheck we earn each week...Most of us think the pay you offer us is fair...

We are thankful for the resorts that you offer us, we certainly understand that this is truly generosity on your part..What other trucking company offers anything else like this? NONE!!!!

Yes we would have liked to have had a raise, but a vast majority of us understand that the economy is what it is, and we are thankful we didn't have our pay cut, or the company contribution to our 401-k cut..

If you were truly the heartless greedy SOB that some on these boards have made you out to be, you could have cut our pay, and the 401-k, and there would not have been anything we could have done about it...

If you have 3 yahts, or 30, most of your employee's don't care, if you needed or wanted a bigger, faster jet, this is your business, not mine...You have worked and sacrificed and took risks that are unimaginable. You treat your employee's fair, and most of us know, that you care about the people that work for you...

Most of us don't care how big your house is,how many homes you own, if Roby put fancy tile down, or if Jr. swims with the sharks in his pool, or has a bunch of tractors...It is none of anyones business...The money/profits you make is yours, and most of us admire you for what you have accomplised with your life...

I have met you, shook your hand, and I know you and your family care about your company, and care about your employee's...After seeing all the negative comments on these forums lately,I just couldn't just stand by, and not say something... I just wanted you to know, there are a lot of us out here thankful for R&L Carriers and the Roberts family....

The reference to the Bible I would use with the Roberts would be JUDAS.

No

Arent you the driver that worked in the Greenwood system and is good friends with Tedro??

I started driving for AT out of Philadelphia Pa. 1975 and then Preston and Roadway. After two years of on and off work I Went back in the Navy. Retired and drove for PettyCo Express out of Jacksonville Fl Also The Big Orange and CCC then AAA Cooper. Now R+L and am very happy to drive for them. Or I should say Gator. In FL that is all R+L is called. I am Loyal to who ever I work for. Each and everyone of us could have done want the Roberts done.

Each and everyone of us could have done want the Roberts done.

Really? Tell ya what, you go give it a shot and update us from time to time on how well it's going for ya, OK?

That's gotta be one of the most profoundly asinine statements I've ever read on this board.

Does prove one thing though, some of us look at life from a different mindset. Some are thankful for what they have, what they've achieved.
Some have a narcissist attitude and will never be happy with what they have and will always feel that they could have had all they wanted "if only" .............

I've made my choices, some good, and some not so good.
But, when I chose to go to work for this company back in 1996,
well that was one of my better decisions... :smilie_132:

Who is Peeing in your Coffee

Really? Tell ya what, you go give it a shot and update us from time to time on how well it's going for ya, OK?

That's gotta be one of the most profoundly asinine statements I've ever read on this board.

Does prove one thing though, some of us look at life from a different mindset. Some are thankful for what they have, what they've achieved.
Some have a narcissist attitude and will never be happy with what they have and will always feel that they could have had all they wanted "if only" .............

Evrything I wrote is true, I am 55. If I would have followed some of the things I wanted to do. But did not. I may have made by life alot better. I have a good life. But I bust my rear as all of us do pushing freight round all day. Or running 400-600 miles a day. Where did you get I was unhappy with working for R+L? I did make one good move in life. I return to the Navy and retired. So even in hard times I still have the bills paid. So put me down for having it a little better then some. But they could have done what I did. That is my point. :eck13: From LSV.

Hmmmm. I didn't get the same message from his post that you did at all. I don't think he was making light of the Robert's family accomplishments, or saying anyone could do the same. I think he was simply saying that he was happy to work for them and that if anyone else, you or I or anybody, HAD built a company like R+L then we would be entitled to have 3 yachts or live in Jed Clampett's mansion or whatever we want. I agree with him myself. Just my $0.02

Thanks some one understood me

Hmmmm. I didn't get the same message from his post that you did at all. I don't think he was making light of the Robert's family accomplishments, or saying anyone could do the same. I think he was simply saying that he was happy to work for them and that if anyone else, you or I or anybody, HAD built a company like R+L then we would be entitled to have 3 yachts or live in Jed Clampett's mansion or whatever we want. I agree with him myself. Just my $0.02

If he would have read what I posted correctly. He would have understood it. If I would have followed some of my on dreams. I to may have had millions. The Robert's follwed a dream. And they made it work. Some of us are happy just pugging it out everyday. Or we are mad that we did not follow are dream. The ones that are mad are the ones that are mad at themself. For not following there dream. And hate it that others did and made it. The Robert's.

there have been quite a few negative comments on the r&l forum lately, from a handful of posters...i would like to offer a different point of view...

I for one would like to say to you and your family, that i appreciate the job i have at r&l carriers,and i believe a majority of your employee's appreciate their job here, and are thankful for their job...

R&l carriers is your company, you built it from one truck, with tremendous odds against you....i admire you tremendously, a majority of us admire what you have done..i feel that you and your family are extremely generous, and i don't believe i am going out on a limb by saying, most of your employee's feel this way as well!!!

Most of your employee's don't feel that you owe them anything other than the paycheck we earn each week...most of us think the pay you offer us is fair...

We are thankful for the resorts that you offer us, we certainly understand that this is truly generosity on your part..what other trucking company offers anything else like this? None!!!!

If you were truly the heartless greedy sob that some on these boards have made you out to be, you could have cut our pay, and the 401-k, and there would not have been anything we could have done about it...

If you have 3 yahts, or 30, most of your employee's don't care, if you needed or wanted a bigger, faster jet, this is your business, not mine...you have worked and sacrificed and took risks that are unimaginable. You treat your employee's fair, and most of us know, that you care about the people that work for you...

Most of us don't care how big your house is,how many homes you own, if roby put fancy tile down, or if jr. Swims with the sharks in his pool, or has a bunch of tractors...it is none of anyones business...the money/profits you make is yours, and most of us admire you for what you have accomplised with your life...

I have met you, shook your hand, and i know you and your family care about your company, and care about your employee's...after seeing all the negative comments on these forums lately,i just couldn't just stand by, and not say something... I just wanted you to know, there are a lot of us out here thankful for r&l carriers and the roberts family....

wow.........

HATE BEIN THE BARER OF BAD NEWS BUT BRACE FACE YOU ARE ON TRAC 100%! This is it in a nut shell, most people can not or will not accept change! Most of you dont understand or appreciate "The Transportation Industry"I say this with expierence . I live in Dade city Florida , My former employer was GATOR Frieght.RnL carriers bought the company back in 89 and you guessed it I did not get in vited to the party presto un employed. And now I happen to work for Abco wow da javu. I have spent the last 3 decades in this industy we call home. With that in mind its a great life ,if you don't weakin!Theres a whole lot of name calling and throat cutting. I want to reinterate to you all I am making the same amount of money to day as I was in 1983,and I stress it was a lot of money in the day.the fact that the department of transportation has quadtrippled in size does not help matters either! And new regulations courtesy of the department! All of this and more ... don't compremise our tuff economincal times for your livelyhood or perhaps your lives!

I am happy to read some of the positive things people have to say. I agree with the comments that say not everything is perfect, but I am happy for what I have. Life is not perfect and either is any job. Lets be happy that we have work and that we work for a company who works hard to survive. The Roberts work harder and longer than anyone of us do. That's why they succeed. If they have a big house, that's great! That means that they need me to help support it! That means I have a job! Getting an increase is great, but not if it is for a couple months before the company doors close. You can read about people experiencing that in the daily news!