R&L | Mr. Roberts and Family

Just wondering if anyone has noticed these new management people driving a COMPANY OWNED ESCALADE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

As some have suggested that the company is in "survival mode" I hardly think that giving these new management people a NEW Escalade represents survival. What's wrong with the Chevy Impala that most have driven in the past? Also where is that part of the $6 billion in revenue that they were supposed to bring from YRC to R & L? For the first half of the year they claim to have increased revenue by 10%. Considering R & L last year's revenue was just shy of 1 billion a 10% increase is nothing. Furthermore the OR has been in the low 80's in the past. Now it's running in the high 90's. Additional revenue with less profit? Guess they just need to buy bigger trucks. Just my 2 cents but I would not call this a smart move on Mr Robert's part.

From the word on the street, there should be at least 3 cars need to be filled, looks as the weeding out again is started..........this must be a every year occurance at your company

As some have suggested that the company is in "survival mode" I hardly think that giving these new management people a NEW Escalade represents survival. What's wrong with the Chevy Impala that most have driven in the past? Also where is that part of the $6 billion in revenue that they were supposed to bring from YRC to R & L? For the first half of the year they claim to have increased revenue by 10%. Considering R & L last year's revenue was just shy of 1 billion a 10% increase is nothing. Furthermore the OR has been in the low 80's in the past. Now it's running in the high 90's. Additional revenue with less profit? Guess they just need to buy bigger trucks. Just my 2 cents but I would not call this a smart move on Mr Robert's part.
Who's driving them???? Sales or upper management???? "OR" in the low 80's i have a hard time beliving that. Not that I think your making it up but i'd have to see that on paper to belive it.

Sales people still driving Chevy's, just some of the new "management" driving Escalades. If you can find anyone in management that's been there a few years they will tell you that R & L has operated well in the past. Estes OR has been in the low to mid 80's as well until last year when the economy took a turn for the worst. You won't find this in writing, just like they quit e-mailing when someone is no longer with the company, trying to hide as much as possible.

Does anyone else get the feeling R-n-L is hanging on for dear life at this point? I just get the feeling that things are not good. And that maybe the good ole boy system of doing things was better than the hi-tech way we seem to be going now. Is it just here in the midwest or is it everywhere? Am I just paranoid ?

You are correct jtrussell.....in the past we did not need "hi-tech" or any so called big shots from other carriers to handle our business, we just did it the Larry SR. & Tom Roberts way....good ole fashion hard work and common sense. And we were the best at what we did BACK THEN. Now we are avg AT BEST !!!!!