Holland | Mr. Rogers denies ABF rumors

In Chicago Local 705 the Carolina drivers went to the bottom after the buy-out. That is the city drivers. There are still a bunch of exCarolina guys working here wherever thier seniority will land them when bid time comes. I think the guys are pretty happy now the way things turned out, especially when we see the stress and uncertainty many of our friends are working under day in and day out. Good luck to all out there and hope we all see a turnaround in this economy soon.

I asked Mikey (ABF) about this and here's what he told me. I think this will explain why we have a disagreement about this issue. Read Mikey's whole post before you make up your own mind about this. Thanks to Mikey for his help.

mikey said:
Yes it dovetailed everywhere. The language in the contract trumped all of the end tail arguments. Grievance after grievance in and out of JAC's and the International, put the dovetail as being the right I came to work at ABF about 4 years after the purchase and heard all of the horror stories. Even then the atmosphere in most drivers rooms was like they were still fighting the civil war. Most of that has gone away with retirements, and the sort.

I think that some of Carolina's relay terminals had guys with enough seniority to move took jobs at other terminals, but had to endtail because they were not bringing any work. If you need I have a retired fellow steward that lived through all of that, and I will inquire if you need me to.

Mikey

In the long run it dosen't matter about end tail or dove tail. Nobody in their right mind is going to assume our unfunded pension debt or pay anything after YRC has butchered up the customers and sold off most of the good real estate.

ABF didn't buy Carolina

I was working at Carolina at the time, Carolina had a change of operation and put there Carlie Terminal up for sale. ABF bid 109 million. ABF could not come up with the money. CF bought the Terminal . If ABF could not buy 1 terminal tell me how they bought the whole company ? The CEO's at Carolina and ABF put millions of dollars in there pockets and put 15000 teamsters out in the street.

I disagree, IT WAS endtail, carolina drivers took it to court and lost!!! ask any abf driver or research it

Dovetail! ABF management thought it would be end-tail to protect the ABF people that built ABF. Union says...
So Sorry!