FedEx Freight | Mt. Pleasant, Pa

I got interviewed for driver apprentice. Basically 4-7 weeks of training then you become city driver. I don’t have a full year of driving within last 3 because I did a different job with Pepsi for awhile. I think it went well. So you only get 2 paid days off a year?

Brother Hough9,.....I live close to Mt. Pleasant, Pa. I retired from ABF last year. Good luck with your choice, but if you decide you'd like a city only position, PM me and I can give you a lead or two.

There are a few positions close by you. Not freight, but truck driving and yard work.

They offer you a 401k match up to 6 percent. I think it works out to being 50 cents of your dollar up to 6 percent...

There is also a pension fund recently rolled over into a third party corporation that I don't recall. It offers you up to a five percent? Contribution based on your seniority level and age...

Honestly, if pension is a big priority, contact the ABF guy that offered you help by PM...

They offer you a 401k match up to 6 percent. I think it works out to being 50 cents of your dollar up to 6 percent...

There is also a pension fund recently rolled over into a third party corporation that I don't recall. It offers you up to a five percent? Contribution based on your seniority level and age...

Honestly, if pension is a big priority, contact the ABF guy that offered you help by PM...
Not a make or break factor. Just trying to get all the information I can. Thx!

I was offered the driver apprentice position. Can anyone tell me how good or bad the pension plan is?
It really depends on your age...if you’re a young guy the pension along with our 401K will do you great come retirement time, if you’re an older guy then the pension is not so great so I’d advise investing heavily into the 401...the max if you can stomach it

I thought the max was 6% on the pension but I could be wrong...

I thought the max was 6% on the pension but I could be wrong...
Ya, who can actually pontificate about the pension? I just started at FXF a few years ago and they send me the occasional message on what my "pension" is worth above and beyond my 401K. I've just never paid much attention to it as I only have to drive till I'm 85 to get a decent pension.

Ya, who can actually pontificate about the pension? I just started at FXF a few years ago and they send me the occasional message on what my "pension" is worth above and beyond my 401K. I've just never paid much attention to it as I only have to drive till I'm 85 to get a decent pension.
Sorry to hear that...my pension alone isn’t all that great either (because I was here for 14 years before they added the benefit) but when combined with my outstanding preforming 401, I’ll be able to retire rather nicely.

Trump said we’d get tired of winning!! :1036316054:

Pension credits defined:

wsKL5Tq.jpg