ABF | "Muler" Has Had Enough!

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
I FOR ONE HAVE HAD ENOUGH!
Well Brothers and Sisters I can no longer sit on the side and watch as our futures are being decided by people other than abf Teamsters. As you all know they ask us in the beginning what was the most important things we wanted in the contract talks. If they had been abf Teamsters that question would not have had to be ask. But they are not abf Teamsters they were almost all Teamsters from other companies. Remember the last contract they shoved down our throats in 2013.

Now we can't even find a copy of who will be doing the deciding for us for the most part WHY? WHAT ARE THEY AFRAID OF! I for one am done with someone else deciding what is best for me that doesn't even have a dog in the fight. How many of the negotiators for the UPS contract are non UPS Teamsters? How many of the negotiators on our contract are abf Teamsters?

To explain why I'am so concerned with the people on our committee look no farther than our last contract. And let's not forget our honest and up front executive team at arcbest. Here is a little history into how it all went down the last time we had yrc and other non abf Teamsters deciding our future. We lost 7% of our wages we lost a weeks vacation we were given a choice to vote yes or authorize a yes vote to strike if deemed so by the ibt. At almost all the locals across the country we had to hear this is the best we could get you and we advise you to take it or else. We took it because many were scared and thus arcbest grew the light asset divisions and we lost sales people and customers to arcbest. arcbest got a new corporate headquarters and panther got a new one also while we lost market share to the light asset divisions.

The last time we had non abf Teamsters doing our contract we got the shaft and therefore I will say it I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THEM DOING IT AGAIN! At abf since the last contract if you were hired after 4/1/2013 you will be red circle your WHOLE CAREER. Meaning forever you will be called after PURCHASED TRANSPORTATION what a joke but guess what IT IS NOT THAT WAY AT yrc companies.

At abf we all lost a weeks vacation thus new hires wait two years for the first weeks vacation and eight years for the second week. At yrc new hires get a week after a year two weeks after two years and three weeks the eighth year. Now I ask does that sound a little bit like we were treated differently? But hey don't forget our company leadership took advantage of the screwing of the abf Teamsters and those that would come to abf.

Now this group is asking for a strike authorization vote from select locals WHY? Lets see what some of the reasons could be. Could it be to show arcbest we would strike? I wouldn't think so since it is not a vote by all abf Teamsters just a select few. Am I to believe that the select few locals will decide our contract because after all they are getting to decide on a strike authorization or not.

Could it be that Judy and company will now go to the most profitable customers that abf has and sign them up with arcbest light asset divisions to assure they will have no break in their supply chain since they will have a copy of the strike authorization voted on and passed by a select few but it will appear it is a vote of abf Teamsters as a whole?

Will some of our customers jump to the companies that our negotiators appear on the seniority list?

How many Teamsters on the UPS negotiating are from companies other than UPS? AND WHY HASN'T the Teamsters ask for a strike authorization vote from a select few UPS locals? Just a couple questions that need to be answered. UPS Freight has not had to vote on a strike authorization but yet abf is knee deep in ::shit:: NOT OF OUR OWN DOING.

What is the proposals that the ibt gave arcbest that they turned down? What was the complete offer made by arcbest? The people representing us have kept us in the dark and now they want us to trust them blindly. NO WAY!

We might be the smallest of the union trucking companies but we are abf Teamsters and we have a history of not running with the herd. Yes it is true we have lost our identity as of late but now is the time to show all those involved union and company we will not sit by and let them PLAY WITH THE LIVES OF OUR FAMILIES.

I DEMAND ALL TEAMSTERS ON THE abf NMFA committee be replaced by abf Teamsters and that when all is done the ibt as a whole can sit down with the abf Teamsters and hammer out a contract we decided not someone else. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

STAND FOR WHAT IS RIGHT OR BEND OVER FOR WHAT YOU DESERVE!

Check out the above comments posted by a Teamster Brother "Muler" on another
board. He makes some interesting observations. Stay united my ABF Freight Brothers and Sisters!

eXZldam.jpg

:kicking::smilies 19296::hissyfit:

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally agree muler. At our local all we hear about is ups. Nothing about ABF negotiations. Our ba is former yrc. Do you think he honestly wants us to have any better that his yrc brothers. I am to the point where I think it’s all a joke. The union needs to start working for us. But, I believe that won’t happen

I totally agree muler. At our local all we hear about is ups. Nothing about ABF negotiations. Our ba is former yrc. Do you think he honestly wants us to have any better that his yrc brothers. I am to the point where I think it’s all a joke. The union needs to start working for us. But, I believe that won’t happen
If you don't think the YRC guys and former YRC guys are pulling for you then you have no idea how this works! That was a total BS comment!

Well Brothers and Sisters I can no longer sit on the side and watch as our futures are being decided by people other than abf Teamsters. As you all know they ask us in the beginning what was the most important things we wanted in the contract talks. If they had been abf Teamsters that question would not have had to be ask. But they are not abf Teamsters they were almost all Teamsters from other companies. Remember the last contract they shoved down our throats in 2013.

Now we can't even find a copy of who will be doing the deciding for us for the most part WHY? WHAT ARE THEY AFRAID OF! I for one am done with someone else deciding what is best for me that doesn't even have a dog in the fight. How many of the negotiators for the UPS contract are non UPS Teamsters? How many of the negotiators on our contract are abf Teamsters?

To explain why I'am so concerned with the people on our committee look no farther than our last contract. And let's not forget our honest and up front executive team at arcbest. Here is a little history into how it all went down the last time we had yrc and other non abf Teamsters deciding our future. We lost 7% of our wages we lost a weeks vacation we were given a choice to vote yes or authorize a yes vote to strike if deemed so by the ibt. At almost all the locals across the country we had to hear this is the best we could get you and we advise you to take it or else. We took it because many were scared and thus arcbest grew the light asset divisions and we lost sales people and customers to arcbest. arcbest got a new corporate headquarters and panther got a new one also while we lost market share to the light asset divisions.

The last time we had non abf Teamsters doing our contract we got the shaft and therefore I will say it I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THEM DOING IT AGAIN! At abf since the last contract if you were hired after 4/1/2013 you will be red circle your WHOLE CAREER. Meaning forever you will be called after PURCHASED TRANSPORTATION what a joke but guess what IT IS NOT THAT WAY AT yrc companies.

At abf we all lost a weeks vacation thus new hires wait two years for the first weeks vacation and eight years for the second week. At yrc new hires get a week after a year two weeks after two years and three weeks the eighth year. Now I ask does that sound a little bit like we were treated differently? But hey don't forget our company leadership took advantage of the screwing of the abf Teamsters and those that would come to abf.

Now this group is asking for a strike authorization vote from select locals WHY? Lets see what some of the reasons could be. Could it be to show arcbest we would strike? I wouldn't think so since it is not a vote by all abf Teamsters just a select few. Am I to believe that the select few locals will decide our contract because after all they are getting to decide on a strike authorization or not.

Could it be that Judy and company will now go to the most profitable customers that abf has and sign them up with arcbest light asset divisions to assure they will have no break in their supply chain since they will have a copy of the strike authorization voted on and passed by a select few but it will appear it is a vote of abf Teamsters as a whole?

Will some of our customers jump to the companies that our negotiators appear on the seniority list?

How many Teamsters on the UPS negotiating are from companies other than UPS? AND WHY HASN'T the Teamsters ask for a strike authorization vote from a select few UPS locals? Just a couple questions that need to be answered. UPS Freight has not had to vote on a strike authorization but yet abf is knee deep in :::shit::: NOT OF OUR OWN DOING.

What is the proposals that the ibt gave arcbest that they turned down? What was the complete offer made by arcbest? The people representing us have kept us in the dark and now they want us to trust them blindly. NO WAY!

We might be the smallest of the union trucking companies but we are abf Teamsters and we have a history of not running with the herd. Yes it is true we have lost our identity as of late but now is the time to show all those involved union and company we will not sit by and let them PLAY WITH THE LIVES OF OUR FAMILIES.

I DEMAND ALL TEAMSTERS ON THE abf NMFA committee be replaced by abf Teamsters and that when all is done the ibt as a whole can sit down with the abf Teamsters and hammer out a contract we decided not someone else. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

STAND FOR WHAT IS RIGHT OR BEND OVER FOR WHAT YOU DESERVE!

Check out the above comments posted by a Teamster Brother "Muler" on another
board. He makes some interesting observations. Stay united my ABF Freight Brothers and Sisters!

eXZldam.jpg

:kicking::smilies 19296::hissyfit:
I agree with what you say. Keep in mind that YRC is only paying 25% into the pension funds that agreed to it.Along with the 15% pay cut.

Well, we usually come up for sale during negotiations so tell welch to purchase us Before he retires :grouphug:
ArcBest Corp. is positioning year by year to relieve itself of it's unionized LTL division. When it becomes unprofitable to operate, it will be sold to the highest bidder of which YRC or UPS will most likely be the only interested parties that would purchase ABF. It's nothing personal, it's just business, and they really don't care who it hurts or upsets.

Well Brothers and Sisters I can no longer sit on the side.....
Rant, rant rant:9529:

Come on, we all know it's the same old animals being used at the circus, nothing new here....if you want to serve on TNFINC you have to be selected from the elected officials. Most Locals are going to have more UPS and YRC officials, it's just the way it is. But, in Muler's world, it's like if they're not an ABF Teamster, they're not a Teamster? BS post...leave this crap at Old School Teamsters forum. Divisive, negative post, without listing ALL the NEGATIVE conditions of YRC and UPS contracts. ABF still has the best contract, and hopefully we can get another one that's better and bring the standards up at YRC and UPS. I think that is what they will be NEGOTIATING for....

ArcBest Corp. is positioning year by year to relieve itself of it's unionized LTL division. When it becomes unprofitable to operate, it will be sold to the highest bidder of which YRC or UPS will most likely be the only interested parties that would purchase ABF. It's nothing personal, it's just business, and they really don't care who it hurts or upsets.

Arcbest couldn't float without ABF. Are they trying to get to that point? I have no doubt that they are. But you have an accountant running the ship, not a businesswoman. She is really good at moving the dollars around and making them show up where she needs them to. Let me know how much money Arcbest's logistics division would be making without the free revenue from u-pack and timekeeper. Work that is provided at cost by ABF while logistics gets to keep the profit. Just another way to try and prop up Arcbest while trying to bury ABF.

It has been the policy for many years to sell off any part of the corporation that is not profitable. I remember several divisions that were indeed sold. The corporation works for stockholders. The board of directors are held accountable to make a profit. The Young family is no longer in charge of all of the corporation or even ABF. Nothing is sentimental anymore it is as TC said just business. A company showing a profit like ABF would sell very well especially with no debt.
Selling the company would relieve the corporation of it's liability to pension funds which is like an albatross around it's neck.

Think what you want. Yrc teamsters and I use teamster loosely voted for all the :shit:ty contracts that they are under now. Maybe if they stood up we all wouldn’t be having to fight so hard now.
YRC Teamsters didn't get to vote on the Roadway, USF buyout. The Union reopened the contract to try and salvage that mistake. It took 3 votes and the Union telling us, "there will be No strike vote" before the ***** contract was ratified. Now that YRC is turning around, I believe we as a whole have more bargaining power. However, we must be realistic about the precarious position we're in. I think we'll see some progress in this contract, and hopefully YRC and UPS can as well in theirs.

well, it is kinda like this..all of the Aye Bee Ffuh profitable freight is being taken at the discretion of good ole ArcBest...if the freight division is losing money, then that is part of the issue. You can't argue that point. If they do shut down the freight division, please don't do it over the Labor Day Weekend..(see Consolidated Freightways)..just another slap in the face at organized labor..you can debate as to whether our labor is organized.

Think what you want. Yrc teamsters and I use teamster loosely voted for all the :shit:ty contracts that they are under now. Maybe if they stood up we all wouldn’t be having to fight so hard now.
Plenty of blame to go around....YRCF kept their bids at 75%....ABF voted to reduce their bids set under the NMFA to 60%, did they not?

I see your point in ArcBest getting rid of Aye Bee Ffuh..HOWEVER, I doubt anyone would want to buy a unionized carrier with all the burdens...HWP etc.

I see your point in ArcBest getting rid of Aye Bee Ffuh..HOWEVER, I doubt anyone would want to buy a unionized carrier with all the burdens...HWP etc.
Only another unionized carrier would, only for the purpose of enriching the lives of the stockholders....

Plenty of blame to go around....YRCF kept their bids at 75%....ABF voted to reduce their bids set under the NMFA to 60%, did they not?
I’ve looked threw my book about 15 times now. Where do you find the percentage of bids at? I’m sure I’m skipping over it. Our barn has 4 people and three bids but it’s been that way for a long time.

Speaking of the cubes...and I’d like as many guys as possible to ring in on this question: Does EVERY driver in your terminal, no matter how many doors it has, deliver and pickup the Relo cubes? Or is it just a few guys that handle that work?
At our barn its really just a few guys who do it but they CANNOT force a senior guy on it if there is a junior man available to bump it to. Being qualified or not is no excuse. They can be trained.