My Apologies

Discussion in 'Central Transport/Vitran' started by Snark Monkey, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Snark Monkey

Snark Monkey Well-Known Member

A couple of weeks ago I had a situation with a CT driver at a customer. . . Basicly I was being nice and let the CT driver back into the dock first, but the CT driver stuck it to me. So I proceeded to unload on him with every possible expletive known to man along with a few I just made up.

Upon reflection since I have come to the conclusion that I unloaded on the CT driver because of all my built-up frustration, anger, etc. over the PJAX-Vitran-CT debacle.

I already know from seldom seeing the same CT driver twice that the guy I yelled at has probably already quit CT and moved on. So please accept this public apology for giving you more than you actually deserved. Even though you were a jerk.

Getoverit, ESP and bigbird42368 like this.
  2. fudgie

fudgie Member

It probably was just a coincidence that he was a CT driver, I've had many a drivers "stick it to me" most of them fresh from driving school and still full of know it all attitude, my favorite was when I saw a "newbie" having trouble getting into a dock and I offered help and was told matter of factually that he didn't need any help/advice he just graduated from driving school and knew all he needed to know to drive/back up, 30 min later when he was finally in dock I got in dock next to him in one shot (been there a few times) he came up and asked how i did that, I told him matter of factually I didn't just graduate from driving school and I STILL don't know everything I need to drive/back up and walked away, hopefully he learned something they forgot to teach him.....accept help when its offered.

ColumbusTrucker, ESP, MikeJ and 2 others like this.
  3. runawaytrain

runawaytrain Wear their scorn with pride.

How did he exactly stick it to you? .... Just curious.

4. kantgetryte

kantgetryte Well-Known Member

Might of told him he had 1 skid instead of 15 double stacked falling over lol

5. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

It is nice to see you make peace. ...no need to go through life being upset. ...the place I work at now is one of the worst. ...I am constantly looking the other way at some of the idiots here. ...it doesn't matter what I do they will act the same. ...

It's better and healthier to go through life with a smile on your face. ...besides that it makes them wonder what you are up to

Songremainsthesame likes this.
  6. mud

mud Wonderin'

"Don't let the bastards get you down".

One of my favorite quotes.

7. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

They don't. .... I just don't like being associated to them..... had a brand new guy....notice I didn't say driver. ..say to me last night that he prefers an automatic transmission over a standard because the clutch gets very hot in city traffic? ??? Wtf ...

Said he would never want to drive the truck I have because it is a thirteen speed. ...thought to myself good keep the newbie out of my truck. ... it won't get tore up. ..lol

8. fudgie

fudgie Member

I now drive an "auto" truck and although I'm getting used to it if I were to spec my own truck I would have a 13 as well, there is just something about "grabbing" gears

9. xeastend

xeastend Active Member

I work with some newbies. My outfit runs its own in house driving school. Anyhow I was informed when they take road test on an automatic, the DMV's will put a restriction on the license indicating that.

10. PistonRing83

PistonRing83 Well-Known Member

We have some automatics where I work and I absolutely hate them. If you can't drive a manual, you have no business being in a commercial vehicle.

11. badboybill

badboybill Member

The only thing good about the auto shift system is overtime for the mechanic. They should have a mechanic riding shotgun with the driver.

PistonRing83 likes this.
  12. Canadian Flyer

Canadian Flyer Speedy Freightshaker #411

I have an I-Shift Volvo and it works great compared to what I've heard about the Eaton models. I've had problems with this truck, but nothing with the transmission.

That said, anyone who can only drive auto or prefers an auto because driving stick is hard shouldn't be in the cab.

badboybill and PistonRing83 like this.
  13. jacked

jacked New Member

Just curious how did he stick it to you ?

14. runawaytrain

He let him go in front of him and he had choice of doors .... He picked a door that made it impossible for the Snark to get in .... He could have easily picked another door which would have let brother Snark get in and out .... He refused to move and it got rather ugly.

15. LTLBullet

LTLBullet New Member

Sterlings suck, I hate how jumpy they are shifting. Give you whiplash!

16. Snark Monkey

Never have seen that guy since. A while back I asked the one CT Driver that I see consistently about the turn over and he got all defensive and said Holland was no better. I never said a word, just let him roll. I know what he has to deal with everyday and just let him vent.

17. runawaytrain

You were always one to take the high road ... most the time ... at least.

18. Snark Monkey

See my brother Train got into a little spat. So I stuck up for you . . . I'll need to watch your back a little closer from now on :)

19. runawaytrain

We go along way back and you know me ... And if anyone was going to have my back ... I would most certainly pick you. A man I greatly respect. From the highest of highs to the lowest of lows .... Both me and you have seen it all. From my days as a dispatcher to your days as a TM ... We both have learned that if you don't have your health you don't have anything. I truly believe that if I hadn't walked away when I did that I wouldn't be here today. Only you can speak for yourself. I only know that Saia has treated me fairly and I am grateful to drive for them. I've never been happier in my life and I now have a great appreciation for what dispatchers and TM's go through. I can truly say the head dispatcher I work for is the most professional dispatcher I ever worked for. He reminds me so much of myself when I was a dispatcher at Overnite.

Snark Monkey likes this.
  20. Snark Monkey

My TM talked me up about a month ago. Wondering if I would be interested in jumping the fence. I told him my heart couldn't take the stress anymore. It was humbling to know that he would consider me.

runawaytrain likes this.