Yellow | my bank holds paycheck til monday

yardman42

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello , this is the first time in the 15 yrs. ive been at rdwy that my bank said my paycheck had to be deposited and the funds would not be avialable till they got the money from rdwy's bank on monday...anyone else with this problem ?????????

Hey yardman what shift are you on?I run up there 3 days a week out of 107.Sun,Tues,and Thrus.Answer to your question is no.I never heard this happen before.

Its not a Roadway problem its the banks problem. before I had direct deposit I had to run to the bank to cash my check and everytime I got to the bank after say 2pm I had to wait for the darn check to clear for some strange reason..Especially if it was on a Friday I had to wait for my money till Monday.Banks have strange rules.Now that I am retired I get my money from my Insurance company and it takes 5 to 10 days to clear a check because Insurance checks cannot be direct deposited for some strange reason.But heres how I get around this they ask me if its an employment check or an interest check.I now tell them its employment and they cash it right away.Who knows how banks figure things .They have there own rules.

It could be that corporate America has become so corrupt that they don't even trust each other. They're all scamming and don't want to be scammed.

Im on a tue. dock start 5 am but i want to go back to a yard bid , becuse the heat works real good in those new volvos

Use Direct Deposit and this wont happen....

That sounds like a "bank issue" they must have changed some policy. I bet if you do it again with a different teller you will get a different answer. For me in 14 years of doing direct depost the errors on it has been 0..... Nada never messed up %100 correct and never late what so ever....

Been on direct deposit since coming to Roadway 7 years ago. The only problem I have ever had was after I was robbed in July of this year. Had to change my account numbers and for some reason, Roadway was unable to deposit one check into my savings account, but they did make it into my checking and they cut me a check for the balance(savings). One call to AGO with the new account numbers and everything was back to normal. By the way, savings clears on Thrus mornings and checking clears on Friday mornings...(2 different banks).

Well, mine is available at 2am thursday morning. I had TCU before,our credit union, and the funds were available after 330pm wednesday!

It could be that the check is an out of state check and that is why.
If you get your Fed. taxes back its the same way.
Tell me thats not scary.