ODFL | My Benefits Package

DirtyRice

TB Lurker
Credits
hey i just recieved my united healthcare card and i signed up for the permium health care and the dental, i noticed on my paystub that they were only taking out for medicare and i didint see something seperate for dental, does anybody know when or if i will get my dental card, i been with the company over a month now.

Ask your office clerk. If he/she doesnt know he/she should know who to call in Highpoint to get your answers for you. dont be afraid to ask.

kbigdog said:
Ask your office clerk. If he/she doesnt know he/she should know who to call in Highpoint to get your answers for you. dont be afraid to ask.

im not afraid to ask everytime im there nobody can tell me im always to early or to late i get there round 7 or 8 in the mournin and i leave round 6 or 7 at night those office people work 9 to 5 or 6

I wasnt implying that you are really afraid to ask. You can always call the terminal anytime during the day and ask. Ive called the office during the day to get answers for stuff quite a few times.

nobody got dental in here did u get a seperate dental card or what or is it all wrapped in with ur united health care card

Skywalker said:
AUG 6...............Maybe another raise?

You say MAYBE??? How many record setting quarters and you say maybe? If we get .02 again that's less of a raise in percentage than last time.

I have a card for health and a seperate card for dental. There is no card for vision as you use your SS# and birthday for the vision plan ID.

Skywalker said:
I heard one after last years .2 raise that we were going to get .2 cent for four years in a row to compete with the union scale,maybe?

If single drivers get .02 4 years in a row I still don't think they'll be makin' what the union boys are makin' now.

Yeah I know but if that is true i'll take it.OD has never paid the same as the union carriers and I have no problem with it.We have always been behind those guys and always will be but with less headaches.I just hope the ins stays wear it is for a while.

Beeman said:
You say MAYBE??? How many record setting quarters and you say maybe? If we get .02 again that's less of a raise in percentage than last time.
Yeah your right but you also have to figure in all of these expantions,new terminals,company buyouts and the steady rise in fuel also,but hey i'll take anything,something is better than nothing!

Insurance the key

Skywalker said:
Yeah I know but if that is true i'll take it.OD has never paid the same as the union carriers and I have no problem with it.We have always been behind those guys and always will be but with less headaches.I just hope the ins stays wear it is for a while.

For the O.D. employee with dependents insurance costs are going to be important.I look for a good raise but if insurance goes up that will put you right back where you started .Our insurance has not gone up much for a while,so we're due for it.

If i remember right they told us they were holding the cost last year,but most likely it would go up this year,depending on what was spend this year.

dmtorl said:
If i remember right they told us they were holding the cost last year,but most likely it would go up this year,depending on what was spend this year.

This might not be the best thing for them to do if they wish for driver retention and recruitment.

Beeman said:
This might not be the best thing for them to do if they wish for driver retention and recruitment.

I agree We may get a good raise this year and they should want to keep all these new drivers not just be the first step up. It is tiring to hear that OD is a good starter job which is said even hear on truckingboards. Im not going anywhere but the new young drivers may jump ship.

OD charges people with dependents a lot for insurance and it may be counter productitive to raise insurance

Hard job

sparky said:
I agree We may get a good raise this year and they should want to keep all these new drivers not just be the first step up. It is tiring to hear that OD is a good starter job which is said even hear on truckingboards. Im not going anywhere but the new young drivers may jump ship.

OD charges people with dependents a lot for insurance and it may be counter productitive to raise insurance

As I have said before on this board,it has been 30 years since I have climbed into a tractor.Driving a truck is a hard job.Hard on the driver mentally and physically.Heart and circulation problems are just the beginning.He has to have a special relationship with his wife and kids to be gone so much.Divorce and problems with the kids are common.If a company gets a driver that works when he's supposed to,makes his runs safely and on time,they have someone special.He needs to be treated to good benefits and pay.But I am afraid it doesn't always work like that.The cost cutters think they can always get somebody to drive their trucks cheaper.If they can get 6 months out of him they're happy.Here at my terminal they're making a strong effort to retain drivers and I believe things are turning around.I guess we'll know how serious they are in a few weeks.