FedEx Freight | My experience with Teamsters Local 71

Dick Dastardly

Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!
Credits
My experience with Teamsters Local 71 in Charlotte North Carolina:

After going through a brutal organizing campaign against Fedex freight, and winning our election, I was subsequently targeted and terminated, as I was a key organizer for the campaign to organize. The local union hall did nothing to help. I was told by the Local President there, Steve B, "well thanks for all you've done for us", and he hung up the phone.

No offer to help me find a new job no help filing unfair labor charges, just nothing. I remember how Ken Hall promised me when I traveled 6 hours one way to hold a meeting with him and other drivers at another terminal how he wouldn't let anything happen to us and he would fight for as long as it took to protect us. Of course that was all a big lie.

Steve B and Ernie W of Teamsters Local 71 made those same promises multiple times during our campaign to organize. Now I was left to struggle to pay my bills out of work and scrambling to find a job while they enjoy driving brand new customized Chevrolet trucks paid for by the Union and drawing their fat salaries.

I guess I was all used up and they had nothing further to gain from me so they just threw me to the side. I guess everyone's expendable once they've used you.

I'm not saying all Teamsters Locals are this way but I am saying to be leary before you put yourself on the line, because there may not be anyone there to catch you when you fall.

I agree with everything you've stated EXCEPT for the second half of your first sentence.
Preach on Franklin D. Brosevelt, preach on....that's exactly what our side has been saying since day one, sorry you had to experience it first hand before you too would believe it!!
Good luck to you and your future endeavors.

One charge has merit the other I appealed to D.C. Don't imply I lied. I'm not in the mood for your ::shit::. They charged them with the Weingarten violation. The termination is appealed to D.C.

One charge has merit the other I appealed to D.C. Don't imply I lied. I'm not in the mood for your :::shit:::. They charged them with the Weingarten violation. The termination is appealed to D.C.

I'm not concerned with what your in the mood for. You made your bed with all your big talk about taking on a big corporation and comparing yourself to Tommy Grass so now the chickens have came home to roost and your not in the mood. To bad pumpkin.

I'm not concerned with what your in the mood for. You made your bed with all your big talk about taking on a big corporation and comparing yourself to Tommy Grass so now the chickens have came home to roost and your not in the mood. To bad pumpkin.

Drop dead *******. Nothing has come home to roost. One charge is going through and the other is on its way to the Obama friendly NLRB in D.C.

I made the choice to share my story after months of consideration. This isn't some knee jerk post.

This is a sad, sad story that a lot of Teamsters are telling. The union at large, and a number of locals, do not care about the members.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The members of the IBT need to get their house in order. Get rid of the deadwood. Put some people who care in charge. This story, and others like it, are why so many people are against representation. If voting in the union still amounts to zero protection when it's needed most, then what's the point?

That's cold hearted John. You may disagree with his opinions, but the man just lost his job bc he was lied to.

Drop dead :censored:. Nothing has come home to roost. One charge is going through and the other is on its way to the Obama friendly NLRB in D.C.

I made the choice to share my story after months of consideration. This isn't some knee jerk post.

We'll see, months of consideration my foot. Months of dishonesty and nonsense. You went to work there with the sole purpose of organizing plain and simple, you weren't there long enough before the unionizing effort to have seen the changes that the older guys saw that mad them want the union. Your a trouble maker and you got what you deserve.

That's cold hearted John. You may disagree with his opinions, but the man just lost his job bc he was lied to.

No it isn't, have you seen half the stuff that's been said about or to me? I agree if a guy makes a couple of mistakes and loses his job, I feel for him. That is not what we are dealing with here. He got what he deserves plain and simple. He's been a dishonest agitator on here, at work, and on social media for a long time and he's reaping what he sows. I have no sympathy!

I made out fairly well with what the Teamsters had to offer but what they are offering today is not what was offered 20 years ago. I won't complain about how I made out but you won't hear me stomping for the Teamsters now either.

We'll see, months of consideration my foot. Months of dishonesty and nonsense. You went to work there with the sole purpose of organizing plain and simple, you weren't there long enough before the unionizing effort to have seen the changes that the older guys saw that mad them want the union. Your a trouble maker and you got what you deserve.

Not that you warrant a response, but I'll indulge you. You see JD, unlike most people these days I walk the walk and talk the talk. I stand firm in my beliefs and principles. I follow the teachings of Eugene V. Debs etc. I stand by my word and I am loyal to people even when it doesn't benefit me, or might even, as in this case, cause me grief. I expect a man to honor his word to me. I guess that makes me old fashioned, but so be it. I'm not a Union salt, I'm just a man who fights for what he believes in. You don't have to be "angry" like an "old timer" to believe in organized labor.

If you're so certain you know who I am on the other social media site, then the next time you want to insult me do it there. If you're a man, you won't feel the need to hide your identity while slinging baseless accusations and insults.

My experience with Teamsters Local 71 in Charlotte North Carolina:

After going through a brutal organizing campaign against Fedex freight, and winning our election, I was subsequently targeted and terminated, as I was a key organizer for the campaign to organize. The local union hall did nothing to help. I was told by the Local President there, Steve B, "well thanks for all you've done for us", and he hung up the phone.

No offer to help me find a new job no help filing unfair labor charges, just nothing. I remember how Ken Hall promised me when I traveled 6 hours one way to hold a meeting with him and other drivers at another terminal how he wouldn't let anything happen to us and he would fight for as long as it took to protect us. Of course that was all a big lie.

Steve B and Ernie W of Teamsters Local 71 made those same promises multiple times during our campaign to organize. Now I was left to struggle to pay my bills out of work and scrambling to find a job while they enjoy driving brand new customized Chevrolet trucks paid for by the Union and drawing their fat salaries.

I guess I was all used up and they had nothing further to gain from me so they just threw me to the side. I guess everyone's expendable once they've used you.

I'm not saying all Teamsters Locals are this way but I am saying to be leary before you put yourself on the line, because there may not be anyone there to catch you when you fall.

The things to think about is if they will sell out and lie to someone doind there work for them. What will they lie about to others to get what they want. It's all about the money. Just think they said just vote yes and everyone else will be right behind you. Where is that support now? Good luck in your fight Dick. Remember God Speed.

Why aren't you being honest and tell the hole story. You forged your name on a bill. That is a big no no. That's why you got fired and there is nothing the local can do for you without a contract. So don't blame the local for your stupidity.

Still in freight?

No. I left it alone after this.I don't need daily reminders of what is, and what should never be. (To quote Led Zeppelin). I did apply today to a major chip manufacturer looking for tractor traiker drivers. I'm making good money now but it's just a stop gap job to something better.