my first week

Discussion in 'General Food Service Discussion' started by Moneyman01, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Moneyman01

Moneyman01 Proud to be a dad!

My first week is in the books as a milkman. I'm still in training. Most of the stops are dock but we do have 2 wheeling routes. I did one yesterday. After getting off linehaul I'm really out of shape. The dock stops aren't back. Still physical but easier then doing groceries.

2. conartist

conartist Active Member

Well Congrats on the new job! Keep us updated on how it goes..

3. Lazlo

Lazlo Active Member

Maybe but your stuff doesn't bounce well. While you're stacking it nice and pretty I can chuck mine out the side door.
    Weren't you doing line haul for Saia? Hours not work out?

4. Moneyman01

Moneyman01 Proud to be a dad!

Don't really stack anything. Just use a hook and pull it to the side door. Everything is stack in the trailer. But the grocery routes are easy either on pallets or pull 4 wheel carts off. Hardest thing is dealing with the empties when you are unloading at another store. But I'm union and started me at 26.05 a hr so can't complain

I wasn't working much. They would cut us to have the system drivers working. Got tired of sitting home. And other stuff to. I'm not the only driver that left or is leaving. Alot of drivers are leaving. Another driver had a interview at this milk company.

5. SuperCourse

SuperCourse Someday You'll Hate Amazon Too.

Good move.