My Mozilla Firefox is not working.

Discussion in 'Announcements and Help' started by ABFer, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

Since the incident where my firefox warned me of an issue it has not worked. I am oblivious when it comes to these things and would appreciate any help I can get. I ran CC Cleaner and cleared out like 500 megs of junk. Ran malware and removed three infected files. Still when I open Firefox it endlessly says "connecting" and goes nowhere. In fear of a malware program I close it not too long after trying to open it. I have deleted and reinstalled the program with no improvement. What is going on?
    Thanks for any assistance.

2. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

there wasn't ever actually any malware on this site to begin with but...
    I would download a program called superantispyware its free and run that....

3. mud

mud Wonderin'

I'm running Firefox 3.6.24 that mistakenly had Truckingboards blocked the other day. Everything is fine now as with Safari and Camino.

4. ABFer

I wasn't assigning any blame, just having a problem, will try the suggested remedy. Would like to know what is going on with the Firefox program and welcome any advice.

5. R-14Driver

R-14Driver Well-Known Member

Try the following re install Firefox Mozilla Firefox Web Browser sometimes certain programs will delete a file needed for Firefox . It should repair your Firefox and you shouldn't lose any saved favorites . Here's the link to there page Mozilla Firefox Web Browser if that doesn't work let me know .

6. ABFer

OK, I have tried all of the above fixes and am making some progress. When I run firefox the only site that won't come up now is this one. But once I try to log onto here it gets sluggish with all other sites, or won't log onto them at all. I ran a registry repair with smart defrag and with superantispyware. Smart Defrag said I had about ten errors and fixed them. Superantispyware says I have over 1000 errors and I need to buy their product to fix them. When I log on here through AOL I have no problem. Does this make any sense to any of you?

Thanks.

7. R-14Driver

Did you clear your history and cookies ? If not clear everything in your Firefox . Click on tools then Clear Recent History then make sure EVERYTHING is highlighted and all boxes are highlighted . Then re log on and see how it runs . As far as the AOL thing goes I have no idea about that .

1 person likes this.
  8. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

Smokestack and Benny Hill told me to do that a long time ago when I was having some problems.... It worked well for me. I do it just about every month to keep the system running fast.

Great advice R14!!!:1036316054:

9. ABFer

Running CC Cleaner clears cookies, didn't try the history thing but will give it a shot. For some reason now I'm up and running like a well oiled machine.

Thank all of you for the assistance.

10. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Pretty much what mine was doing, and all I know how to do is turn the thing on. Good thing I have kids. Middle son fixed things so now I have to log on to everything, everytime. History is now cleared automatically. Frustrating, but it works. And now he's leaving for Qatar, so who knows what happens on here soon! If I disappear, you'll know why.....

11. dadforseven

dadforseven Member

Should be up to 8.0 on Mozilla. correct?
    Try malwarebytes anti malware, works good and is free.
    "Clean up" is a free registry cleaner, good product.

12. ABFer

I hope you are able to continue as always after he leaves, and hope he returns safely. It is a nuisance when I have to repeat my whole family tree after I clear out everything and I want to get my banking done.
    Where is "clean up" obtained? If it's part of malware I have one there, I guess that is the one I use.

13. Joe the plumber

Joe the plumber Banned

Not a geek but it doesn't look like a virus prob. If you have DSL it could be your modem. Are the lights on in your modem? Try disconnecting the power from the modem, then plug it back in. Call your DSL or cable provider

1 person likes this.
  14. ABFer

I was worried about a virus but I have it solved for now. It seems like every once in a while the computer gets clogged up with junk that web sites put on it and it needs to be swept out. Usually a run of CC Cleaner does the trick but this time it took more than that. I still don't know what caused to glitch or what cured it, I ran several different programs.

thanks.

15. R-14Driver

Just to let you know theirs a new version of Firefox . If you open your Firefox browser then click on " Help " then click on " About Firefox " it will download the update and all you have to to is click on "update " to get the new version 9 .

1 person likes this.
  16. Joe the plumber

Joe the plumber Banned

Safari does all what Firefox can do and much more..it takes some time to learn what it can do

17. ABFer

It might do more than I can handle

18. ABFer

OK, here I go again. I seem to be unable to edit my previous posts. That is the only problem I see right now and I would like to know if it is just me, or is there a glitch in the system here.

Thanks for the help.

19. R-14Driver

How long ago did you make the post ? It may have timed out you , only get so long before you can't edit a post .

20. ABFer

Now that was one fast response. OK, that post I just put there has the edit option on it.

Thank You.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.