Central Transport | My nomination for "Chasing Greatness" award

Dock Man

Logistical Engineer
Credits
As we now have an award for those who are "Chasing Greatness" I wish to throw out a nomination for this.

I say give it those who have been here for 5 years or longer. These men and women who have put up with the huge amounts of utter **** that have been thrown at us for years and yet still came into work each day. We have put ourselves at risk in a clearly unsafe, unforgiving, and uncaring environment. Yet we still managed to drag our asses out of a warm bed to endure what our day throws at us to get the job done. For this I say we have clearly earned that little piece of tin and so much more.

So here's to all of those who continue to trudge through it despite everything. :guiness:

lol. sounds good. some of us will rejoice when we show up and find the gates padlocked, that means the nightmare is over. then it forces us to find another job and start new, like we did when we found this one. there's nothing special about this place to be honest, we come in here and provide a service and get paid for doing so. no rewards for going above and beyond, seniority does'nt guarantee an earlier start time and now this handbook that clearly states that even when your sick and show a doctors slip you still are UNEXCUSED. stuff that goes on here can be told around the campfire and people think you made it up when you're telling the truth. lmao.

lol. sounds good. some of us will rejoice when we show up and find the gates padlocked, that means the nightmare is over. then it forces us to find another job and start new, like we did when we found this one. there's nothing special about this place to be honest, we come in here and provide a service and get paid for doing so. no rewards for going above and beyond, seniority does'nt guarantee an earlier start time and now this handbook that clearly states that even when your sick and show a doctors slip you still are UNEXCUSED. stuff that goes on here can be told around the campfire and people think you made it up when you're telling the truth. lmao.
I just hope when I apply for another job. they don"t hold it against me. since I worked at vitran for 5 plus years.

organize everyone thinks its terriable but maybe if we the workers came up with realistic rules and goals we could teach a blind dumb dog to hunt these idiots cant haul a simple load of freight with out forceing a dock worker to crush it a linehaul driver to leave late show up late and misload in the cit drivers pedal so he has to bring it back and deliver it 2 days late. maybe just maybe we could make this process a little simpler for or great management team

I just hope when I apply for another job. they don"t hold it against me. since I worked at vitran for 5 plus years.
dont worry, my new job said my 5 years at vitran sho
That i was commited, my boss knows the struggles the V is going thru . It will actually look good on ur resume. Good luck, with the job hunt

organize everyone thinks its terriable but maybe if we the workers came up with realistic rules and goals we could teach a blind dumb dog to hunt these idiots cant haul a simple load of freight with out forceing a dock worker to crush it a linehaul driver to leave late show up late and misload in the cit drivers pedal so he has to bring it back and deliver it 2 days late. maybe just maybe we could make this process a little simpler for or great management team

it's too late, too far gone. they won't listen anyways. i've seen it brought to their attention and they just ignore it and walk away.

I think it's male version of Hellen Kellar running Vitran U.S. Or A hole community of them. Worse that tunnel vision.

they will probably give you sympathy, or shake you hand and give you a top job for putting up with the garbage all these years.