My Old Dog

Road Dust

Mrs Ricky Ricardo
Credits
had to be put down yesterday morning. 17 years ago on Christmas Eve, we got him from someone giving away puppies in a Walmart parking lot in Mountain Grove, Missouri. He was a Christmas gift for my son. Since then, he has traveled and lived in many parts of the United states and always been my loyal friend and protector. He has made his final journey, without me, to Rainbow Ridge.

mail7.jpg

Great looking dog Road Dust. I've got a soft spot for mutts, no offense intended. I know how hard it is to lose a trusty old friend but you can take solace in knowing you gave him the best life possible.

Sorry to hear you lost your baby Boy.
It's hard to loose them , they never get mad at ya and love you every day unconditionally.

Thanks everyone. Its hard to accept that he is gone forever and then the reality hits me. It's an empty very lonely feeling. I have two other dogs, so I know I will have to go through it at least two more times.

Myself and Cubbie Bear, Bella Donna, Jasper, Beo and Hopsing (my five dogs) all send our condolences.

Yup I am also very sorry for your loss Road Dust.
The end is always the worst part of pet ownership.
It is very difficult saying good by to a close friend and companion.
I know first hand after owning many pets mostly dogs, for my 67 years of life so far.
The end is always the hardest!

Sorry for your loss Road Dust.
Cherish the times, enjoy the bittersweet memories.

As with the ups and downs and trials and tribulations we face in our lifetime, every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

"If there isn't any dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Said by Will Rogers

nuff said.

Road dust I know how you feel, had 3 of the best friends a man could want leave recently. Ace, BooBoo and Corky. a shepard collie mix, a hound dog and a shizu. After a half century of having dogs(never paying for one, they were all strays or otherwise unwanted) I find myself lonely. I'm not sure I can go through the loss of another friend, yet I know the next dog needing a good home will find me. I look forward to that day. I'll never replace the friends that I've been lucky enough to have, only make new ones.

Road dust I know how you feel, had 3 of the best friends a man could want leave recently. Ace, BooBoo and Corky. a shepard collie mix, a hound dog and a shizu. After a half century of having dogs(never paying for one, they were all strays or otherwise unwanted) I find myself lonely. I'm not sure I can go through the loss of another friend, yet I know the next dog needing a good home will find me. I look forward to that day. I'll never replace the friends that I've been lucky enough to have, only make new ones.

I can only hope our friends are somewhere in another land chasing balls, chewing bones, and taking doggy naps.