XPO | my terminal(Philadelphia XPH)

jamrock

TB Lurker
Credits
hi guys, just want yu all to know that my terminal is so slow. guys are on vacation and alot of guys still not get hours. there is 10 of us on the flex board and i am number 5, guys below me are just getting 20 and less hours a week and it is summer. i have being working here for 7 month and never see a 40 hour week. i remember when guys in the office telling us that we are going to be so busy, that we are going to cry to go home. It is so slow that we are crying to leave. i ask for yu guys advice in a othe post, yu all tell me to stick it out but i dont think i am going to hold out here.

Same thing in Cleveland. 17 of us on flex board. I also got on at Yellow in linehaul Apr 1st. They NEVER called me once and then laid off 50 drivers. Still on the board and no call in the middle of summer? All these places geared up for the summer rush but it just hasnt happened. I think the economy sux right now. :nutkick:

hey guys same here in XEF. we got guys not even working some days they have had to rotate the flex wheel to get guys some hours .and i hear @ xsw (salem) its even worse down there. i have to think the price of fuel and gas has alot to do with it.but what do i know.

jamrock said:
hi guys, just want yu all to know that my terminal is so slow. guys are on vacation and alot of guys still not get hours. there is 10 of us on the flex board and i am number 5, guys below me are just getting 20 and less hours a week and it is summer. i have being working here for 7 month and never see a 40 hour week. i remember when guys in the office telling us that we are going to be so busy, that we are going to cry to go home. It is so slow that we are crying to leave. i ask for yu guys advice in a other post, Yuh all tell me to stick it out but i dont think i am going to hold out here.
you got to do whats best for you.If Conway isn't working you then take your ball and bat and play in someone Else's Field.

My outbound fos last night said he had 13 guys available for linehaul and we only had 7 runs, and we have 9 drivers with linehaul bids! What doesn't help matters is that linehaul had 5 drivers from other terminals come through and pick up loads.

JonBoy73 said:
! What doesn't help matters is that linehaul had 5 drivers from other terminals come through and pick up loads.

all to save empty miles.it's called screw the dsr.

brutus said:
all to save empty miles.it's called screw the dsr.

And I'll bet there are suits all over the company wondering why they cant find any good help to hire, and cant keep the good help they have already.:duh: It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if they cant keep the good help working, they're going to say :tongue0002: and move on down the road to an employer that will!

JonBoy73 said:
And I'll bet there are suits all over the company wondering why they cant find any good help to hire, and cant keep the good help they have already.:duh: It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if they cant keep the good help working, they're going to say :tongue0002: and move on down the road to an employer that will!

Not to mention they'll tell other good workers to stay away... And that will kill us in the end... You can't operate a company of Lazy A$%es and Expect to stay in business... :duh:

jamrock said:
hi guys, just want yu all to know that my terminal is so slow. guys are on vacation and alot of guys still not get hours. there is 10 of us on the flex board and i am number 5, guys below me are just getting 20 and less hours a week and it is summer. i have being working here for 7 month and never see a 40 hour week. i remember when guys in the office telling us that we are going to be so busy, that we are going to cry to go home. It is so slow that we are crying to leave. i ask for yu guys advice in a othe post, yu all tell me to stick it out but i dont think i am going to hold out here.

yo man u need to apply at od u might not get time and a half but were gettin 50 hours a week minimum and im at the bottom of the list no flex board, u just get hired and your on its in pennsauken nj 1300 suckle highway, c ya there!

DirtyRice said:
yo man u need to apply at od u might not get time and a half but were gettin 50 hours a week minimum and im at the bottom of the list no flex board, u just get hired and your on its in pennsauken nj 1300 suckle highway, c ya there!
O.D.,Do they hire people that speak English?Up here their hiring office is at the Warsaw inn in Chicago.

Wednesday nite and I'm at home with 10.5 hrs for the week! Why waste all the money hiring me? They could have given you vets some overtime and saved me the effort! Do they really believe anyone will stick around for 20 hrs? :duh:

Well I am out of XCN Cincinnati don't feel bad cause the same thing is going on here.I am leaving Conway after my drug tests result's come back in a day or so from another company.All I can say is Conway claims to be so much better than other LTL companies why are they losing so many accounts.They sure don't make the money UPS,and FedEx,does and still they claim they are better than Yellow/Roadway as well.I think Conway is nothing but a joke.You senior guys may think Conway is all that,other drivers including myself well think otherwise.

Nighthawk said:
Well I am out of XCN Cincinnati don't feel bad cause the same thing is going on here.I am leaving Conway after my drug tests result's come back in a day or so from another company.All I can say is Conway claims to be so much better than other LTL companies why are they losing so many accounts.They sure don't make the money UPS,and FedEx,does and still they claim they are better than Yellow/Roadway as well.I think Conway is nothing but a joke.You senior guys may think Conway is all that,other drivers including myself well think otherwise.
we did think it was all that once.times have changed,very sad.I wish you the best of luck.

Nighthawk said:

this just reinforces what i've been telling you guys on this board. the job sucks, plain & simple. the 5 guys in my terminal thank their lucky stars that they left that place.

UnionTrucka said:
this just reinforces what i've been telling you guys on this board. the job sucks, plain & simple. the 5 guys in my terminal thank their lucky stars that they left that place.

Boy are we glad we have you here to tell us about OUR company...

This just reinforces the observation that the biggest whinners don't work here....

Mozartsghost said:
Boy are we glad we have you here to tell us about OUR company...

This just reinforces the observation that the biggest whinners don't work here....

dont get uptight sweetheart, it seems to be the truth. alot of your guys have the same complaints. you can't make this stuff up.

1)Do Treat people with respect.

2)Do Not resort to childish name calling if someone does not agree with your view.

UnionTrucka said:
dont get uptight sweetheart, it seems to be the truth. alot of your guys have the same complaints. you can't make this stuff up.

Nice try... But take a closer look. Alot of our guys DO have complaints and that's not in debate... But the People complaining the loudest are not Con-way Freight employees... I am amazed that people feel the need to come from other companies and complain about ours... Don't you have enough work to keep your mind on your own Job??? I might make the suggestion that perhaps you should let the Con-way Employees do their own complaining for a change...

Mozartsghost said:
Nice try... But take a closer look. Alot of our guys DO have complaints and that's not in debate... But the People complaining the loudest are not Con-way Freight employees... I am amazed that people feel the need to come from other companies and complain about ours... Don't you have enough work to keep your mind on your own Job??? I might make the suggestion that perhaps you should let the Con-way Employees do their own complaining for a change...

listen man, if i could get them on this site, trust me, you'll have complaints for days.