XPO | my terminal(Philadelphia XPH)

UnionTrucka said:
listen man, if i could get them on this site, trust me, you'll have complaints for days.

I can only guess you mean FORMER Con-way Employees???

The point is people like you feel the need to stick your nose into other people's business...

The simple point is...

Let US complain about OUR company and you can do the same with YOURS...

Mozartsghost said:
I can only guess you mean FORMER Con-way Employees???

The point is people like you feel the need to stick your nose into other people's business...

The simple point is...

Let US complain about OUR company and you can do the same with YOURS...

sorry honey, didn't know you would be so touchy. listen, no one is poking their nose in on anything. i could care less about CCX and what kind of a job it is. i get feedback from meeting you guys on the street. never once heard anything good about the job. i see some of your guys at some of my stops and they always give me the same talk : "this place sucks". take it easy, the job works for you so God Bless.

1)Do Treat people with respect.

2)Do Not resort to childish name calling if someone does not agree with your view.

join the teamsters and you would'nt have to deal with a flex board
you'll get ot after 8 hours in a day not after 50 or 60 like you do now
established start times
etc etc etc etc
maybe it is more important to you to allow con way to make obscene profits while they starve you to death
good luck

big steve said:
join the teamsters and you would'nt have to deal with a flex board
you'll get ot after 8 hours in a day not after 50 or 60 like you do now
established start times
etc etc etc etc
maybe it is more important to you to allow con way to make obscene profits while they starve you to death
good luck

Really? I'm on an extra board at Yellow and haven't worked yet in 3 months. And besides that Conway pays OT after 8, top pay is 22.50, and they have a pension. Point is, the work isnt there at any company for the bottom of the board. You union guys should stick to what you know, whatever that might be.

UnionTrucka said:
this just reinforces what i've been telling you guys on this board. the job sucks, plain & simple. the 5 guys in my terminal thank their lucky stars that they left that place.

Some terminals are like that UT. I wouldn't take a job in Maspeth for any amount. But don't think the entire company is like that.

big steve said:
join the teamsters and you wouldn't have to deal with a flex board
you'll get OT after 8 hours in a day not after 50 or 60 like you do now
established start times
etc etc etc etc
good luck
first off big steve no union talk in a non-union board.
second central div gets OT after 8 hrs.
third we have established start times.
we have a flex board you have a wheel board same thing.
so get your fact straight before you open your mouth and insert your foot.

brutus said:
first off big steve no union talk in a non-union board.
second central div gets OT after 8 hrs.
third we have established start times.
we have a flex board you have a wheel board same thing.
so get your fact straight before you open your mouth and insert your foot.

Actually Brutus if it were a wheel board it would work like our flex board, which is better for a junior guy. Some of them use a hog board, where the most senior man available works. That is why they have not called me in 3 months! Not enough work to exhaust the board. I dont really have a preference to any company, I just want to work. As of this morning I'm at 14.5 hrs and waiting to see whats up today.

To top it all off there was two new guys in training last nite?:duh: They must know 80% of the flex board is looking for another job! I think most guys, at least I did, expect 28-40 hrs. Especially in summertime. But 15-20? Whats going to happen come winter?:chairshot:

I think the term they use economic termination. Your probably better off to take your 15hrs a week and draw partial unemployment, than you are to work 30.

RevItUp said:
Actually Brutus if it were a wheel board it would work like our flex board, which is better for a junior guy. Some of them use a hog board, where the most senior man available works. That is why they have not called me in 3 months! Not enough work to exhaust the board. I dont really have a preference to any company, I just want to work. As of this morning I'm at 14.5 hrs and waiting to see whats up today.
when i looked into bigR a couple of years age they told me it was a wheel board so that is what i was going by.