TForce | My TM came back from a 3 day meeting @ Newburg.

They best way to deal with the unorganized management staff is to educate them on the contract. Management is going to hold you accountable when you mess up of you need to hold them to the contract.

We are allready being written up for the stupid things so far. The small things you think would not matter. They do now.

Deconstucting the ole "O" mentality.
vp6nh9.jpg
:hide:

I recognize some of them butt munchers!!!! Elvis out....

When I worked for union LTL companies I got enough letters to wallpaper an entire wall in one of the rooms in my house,but I never lost any time due to being represented by the union.
Whenever I grieved some issue I could expect to get written up for a least little thing for a period of time after that.
But like I say I never got booted out the door for anything,when I was a fultime driver in any of the companies I worked for.

the buzzwords were being told are 100% of the rules will be enforced on 100% of the people 100% of the time

I think it should be, the problem some was having is some drivers were being fired, or harrassed is probably a better word to use , for rules that were never enforced, one driver gets nailed for something, another does the same and nothing happens. It's truely sickening.

Dockworker, thats some funny sht. You certainly get some green for that!!!
:1036316054: Thank you! I needed to break the ice a bit.

My TM has suddenly become a jerk.

For some reason:
  • He has become very standoffish towards the drivers.
  • Makes it like we are inconveniencing him when approached.
  • Asks us for questions and concerns yet brushes them off with an "Oh Well" attitude.
  • Feels it's a burden on him to hold his weekly meetings.

*We all feel he is feeling the UPS hammer hitting the Overnite nail.
*He can't seem to put a grasp on excessive OP(On Property) time.
*We also feel he knows he is going to lose alot of operational flexiblity because we chose to organize.

Bottom Line:
If he wants to be a jerk, it's all good. We are happy and know he's not.
Give in!...You must not resist! Give in!...You must not resist!

:1036316054: Thank you! I needed to break the ice a bit.

My TM has suddenly become a jerk.

For some reason:
  • He has become very standoffish towards the drivers.
  • Makes it like we are inconveniencing him when approached.
  • Asks us for questions and concerns yet brushes them off with an "Oh Well" attitude.
  • Feels it's a burden on him to hold his weekly meetings.

*We all feel he is feeling the UPS hammer hitting the Overnite nail.
*He can't seem to put a grasp on excessive OP(On Property) time.
*We also feel he knows he is going to lose alot of operational flexiblity because we chose to organize.

Bottom Line:
If he wants to be a jerk, it's all good. We are happy and know he's not.
Give in!...You must not resist! Give in!...You must not resist!

The OP is nothing more than another hammer point. They want everything done and done fast, but if you screw up its your @ss. If I am doing required work, then leave me be. If I am just standing around B.S. ing that is another story. Every morning and evening I just barely make the op time. If something goes wrong, there is no way. The brass just thinks that any time spent at the terminal is wasted time and that is not the case.:1036316054:

It is wasted time, A delivery driver gets paid to deliver, there is no need for him to spend 30 minuites at the terminal. Other than his required duties. Minuites here and minuites there add up to millions of dollars over a year.

liebs since you make it a point to give me bad rep every 5 days and you call this a weak statement, I will spell it out for you,

last I saw there was 18,000 employees at upsf

if there are 8000 city drivers, and they cut 5 minutes in the morning and 5 minuites in the afternoon off that is 80,000 minutes a day that is 346,666 hours a year * $21.80 = $7,557,318.80 You call this weak?

It is wasted time, A delivery driver gets paid to deliver, there is no need for him to spend 30 minuites at the terminal. Other than his required duties. Minuites here and minuites there add up to millions of dollars over a year.

Can I quote you on that ? No more securing my freight for me, and forget the pre-trip of the equipment. That is all just a waste of time.

Would you call a pretrip required? Securing your freight? That is what they pay $10/hr pt dock guy for.

You have got to be kidding me! You don't pre-trip your truck ? Now I am a huge @sshole, but I would never leave the yard until I pre-tripped. If you don't, you are a danger to the company and the public! Stop whinning about your rep! We all take it and give it here.

You have got to be kidding me! You don't pre-trip your truck ? Now I am a huge @sshole, but I would never leave the yard until I pre-tripped. If you don't, you are a danger to the company and the public! Stop whinning about your rep! We all take it and give it here.

Now you know why this guy prefers the point system for hooks and breaks. TURN AND BURN BABY!!!! Bragging all the way down the hill how he just got payed for 45 minutes pay, and it only took him 15 minutes in the yard. Then he realizes he's on fire about half the way to the bottom. Can you say death wish boys and girls? I knew you could. Elvis out and disgusted....

Now you know why this guy prefers the point system for hooks and breaks. TURN AND BURN BABY!!!! Bragging all the way down the hill how he just got payed for 45 minutes pay, and it only took him 15 minutes in the yard. Then he realizes he's on fire about half the way to the bottom. Can you say death wish boys and girls? I knew you could. Elvis out and disgusted....

It is sick to think of a guy who pulls doubles at night would be so cavalier about saftey.

If you guys can't follow 4 posts without making stuff up or not understanding what some words mean. How are you gonna work under a contract and understand it.

Lieb didn't you want to be a steward?

Where do you 2 get I said not to do a pretrip?

I will let the 2 of you put your collective 1 brain together and see if you can figuire out where you went wrong here

What do you mean by this? If not that a pre-trip is not required or someone elses job!

Lieb and I are not real bright but, we don't split atoms on the weekends, as a hobby, as you do, but it appeared to both of us that you don't consider a pre trip a requirement. So where did we go wrong here Mr. absent minded professor aka. braniac? Elvis out and learning from my student.....