TForce | My TM came back from a 3 day meeting @ Newburg.

Lieb and I are not real bright but, we don't split atoms on the weekends, as a hobby, as you do, but it appeared to both of us that you don't consider a pre trip a requirement. So where did we go wrong here Mr. absent minded professor aka. braniac? Elvis out and learning from my student.....

I entered the discussion here

It is wasted time, A delivery driver gets paid to deliver, there is no need for him to spend 30 minuites at the terminal. Other than his required duties. Minuites here and minuites there add up to millions of dollars over a year.

Do you see where I said "Other than his required duties."? Isn't a pretrip part of the required duties?

Then the next post lieb responds:
Can I quote you on that ? No more securing my freight for me, and forget the pre-trip of the equipment. That is all just a waste of time.

Where he gets "forget the pretrip of the equiptment" I don't know, I never said that. It caught me off guard.

So I asked:
Would you call a pretrip required? Securing your freight? That is what they pay $10/hr pt dock guy for.

I asked him "would you call a pretrip required"?

The next 4 posts are you and him saying I am unsafe and don't do pretrips. You too are really somthing else.

If you guys can't follow 4 posts without making stuff up or not understanding what some words mean. How are you gonna work under a contract and understand it.

Lieb didn't you want to be a steward?

Where do you 2 get I said not to do a pretrip?

I will let the 2 of you put your collective 1 brain together and see if you can figuire out where you went wrong here

O, I read your post, in your case the pretrip is most important, for the security, and wellbeing for those around you, as well as yourself and the vehicle. Minutes here, and minutes there, is not my concearn when it comes to the safety of my vehicle. You did say however "Required Duties" the time alloted to us by the company is a joke. When one has too rush on a pretrip, that is irresponsible.

For a city driver not only is what I have mentioned above important, but the security of the freight loaded in the trailer as well, Unfortunatly, I am not going to hang my hat for safety on the coatrack of a part time person who say's he or she is going to brace or palletize my freight.

@ $10.00/ Hr. or whatever they earn, I will not take the word of a possible disgruntled worker in securing my freight, and I will not cut corners in ensuring my vehicle is safe in leaving the yard, that in itself is irresponsible, regaurdless as to what the figures say, it is my job to do this, I have an accident due to my irresponsibility those #'s you quoted shrink, and I loose my job.

Furthermore, UPS may save alot of monies, and it is thier job to watch them, but let's be responsible first, the time they alot to us for a pre trip is rediculous to begin with, the law say's 15-30 minutes, I do 15-30 minutes. Period, and that is the way it should be.

O, I read your post, in your case the pretrip is most important, for the security, and wellbeing for those around you, as well as yourself and the vehicle. Minutes here, and minutes there, is not my concearn when it comes to the safety of my vehicle. You did say however "Required Duties" the time alloted to us by the company is a joke. When one has too rush on a pretrip, that is irresponsible.

For a city driver not only is what I have mentioned above important, but the security of the freight loaded in the trailer as well, Unfortunatly, I am not going to hang my hat for safety on the coatrack of a part time person who say's he or she is going to brace or palletize my freight.

@ $10.00/ Hr. or whatever they earn, I will not take the word of a possible disgruntled worker in securing my freight, and I will not cut corners in ensuring my vehicle is safe in leaving the yard, that in itself is irresponsible, regaurdless as to what the figures say, it is my job to do this, I have an accident due to my irresponsibility those #'s you quoted shrink, and I loose my job.

Furthermore, UPS may save alot of monies, and it is thier job to watch them, but let's be responsible first, the time they alot to us for a pre trip is rediculous to begin with, the law say's 15-30 minutes, I do 15-30 minutes. Period, and that is the way it should be.

Nice post!:1036316054: Greenie for that one!

Thanx, and furthermore, the amount of time given to us by UPS and the duties that must be performed in this time is a joke. And it is not only a pretrip.

I agree. The issues I've personally gone through that has taken me into the Bad Boy part of OP time is:

• Waiting in line to fuel.
  • Waiting in line to get tractor fluids.
  • Waiting for mechanics to fix something.
  • Waiting for freight to arrive to my loading door.
  • Waiting for dockworkers to shot gun my load.
  • Road Drivers coming in late and Dock supervisor holding my trailer hostage until they can break those loads.
  • Time it takes to do the above mentioned.
  • Time it takes to secure and inspect your load.
  • Time it takes to write up the load manifest and have dispatch enter it in the computer.
  • Time it takes to get your stupid DIAD to boot up.
  • ........Damn there's too much to list!
There is a lot that comes into play in any given day. At that point OP time doesn't mean crap to me as long as I am doing my work to the best of my ability.

Funny thing is they want you to enter any delays in the Diad to help lower OP time.
Hmmm How can you enter "At shop for repairs" When you can't even log in without your DR's being entered? (It only applies to some people that have loads ready but not all)

Either way I love UPS.

I am specifically talking to lieb about his situation and not about road, What I said is city drivers will not be allowed on the clock other then to perform required duties. I have already seen some of the changes that are gonna take place. And one of them are no city drivers can be on the dock until there trailers are closed.

The whole inbound system is gonna change and trailers are gonna be loaded acording to cut times. It will come more and more into play once the routes get denser and we can have overlapping routes where possible one can leave at 8am the other at 10am

Liebs how am I back peddling? Why don't you want to keep everything out in the open? Show me where I said pretrips don't matter.

Would you call a pretrip required? Securing your freight? That is what they pay $10/hr pt dock guy for.

What does this mean? I am (as the driver) ultimately responsible for my load and truck, not the dock guys. The company may have one set of rules, but the DOT and police have the one that matters most, THE LAW! :Rulz:

of course, but the days of checking to be sure your trailer is loaded in order and braced right. I think are over.

They are holding dockworkers more and more accountable.

of course, but the days of checking to be sure your trailer is loaded in order and braced right. I think are over.

They are holding dockworkers more and more accountable.

I will believe it when I see it, and from my perspective it is not happening, as far as cut times for the city drivers, I will believe that when I see it, what you have mentioned is in place here in the north and is no where near what is expected for the simple fact the roaddrivers are'nt getting cut early enough from the HUB, Most 2-4 hrs. late to be exact.

Even if the table was turned, no one will tell me I cannot look at my load prior to leving the lot or the dock, it is my responsibility to make sure it is secure, and a part time dock man or his supervisor will tell me otherwise, especially when it could cost me on the road. If the load is sealed, thats one thing, I am a city driver and they most likely will not be.

what law is that? Is there a law that says you look in the trailer before you pull away from the dock?

If you carry haz mat and it is not secure and you have a spill, who do you think is going to catch the hell from the local police ? A dock worker ? Is there shared responsiblity from the company perspective? yes. The authorites don't give a damn about that, you are the one who took out the truck and are responsible for it. Good luck with that one!

Elvis, where did you get that from? I am still waiting to hear where you and lieb got I said pretrips were not required?

Liebs, How are you gonna enforce the contract when you can't reinforce your posts on here?

If either of you don't agree with me thats fine, no 2 people always agree. But I try not to go as low as personal attacks like the 2 of you do.

I will argue with anyone if I feel I am right, if I am wrong I will admit, which I have done on here. But I am not gonna attack someone personally to get my point across or to make them look bad becuase I don't agree with them.

Overnite, As much as you argue here and seem to have some knowledge on the Indy contract, I sure hope you are this adamant with your local as far as getting questions answered. Is your voice being heard where it really counts??:smilie_132:

Elvis, where did you get that from? I am still waiting to hear where you and lieb got I said pretrips were not required?

Liebs, How are you gonna enforce the contract when you can't reinforce your posts on here?

If either of you don't agree with me thats fine, no 2 people always agree. But I try not to go as low as personal attacks like the 2 of you do.

I will argue with anyone if I feel I am right, if I am wrong I will admit, which I have done on here. But I am not gonna attack someone personally to get my point across or to make them look bad becuase I don't agree with them.

What attacks? Calling you a pain in the a$$? Or grass hopper? Give me a break. Are you that thin skinned? I promise not to be a big bully no more, if you promise not to take your key board and go home. Elvis out....:hide:

Buster, yes I am fighting for the best contract we can get. I go to every meeting they have. I am actually considering running for steward.

Now you know why this guy prefers the point system for hooks and breaks. TURN AND BURN BABY!!!! Bragging all the way down the hill how he just got payed for 45 minutes pay, and it only took him 15 minutes in the yard. Then he realizes he's on fire about half the way to the bottom. Can you say death wish boys and girls? I knew you could. Elvis out and disgusted....

I take my job seriousily, calling someone unsafe is an insult and saying they have a deathwish is warranted.

Buster, yes I am fighting for the best contract we can get. I go to every meeting they have. I am actually considering running for steward.

Well, That's good. Contact your local tomorrow and ask about the National Contract. Some Locals may not be aware of this yet. Its brand new information.