TForce | My TM came back from a 3 day meeting @ Newburg.

Heres a good question.
If your a UPS Freight safety trainer could you also become a union steward?
I would think that could very well be a conflict of interest seeing the TM's want you to rat out your co-workers for safety violations if you see them.

this company we work does make a lot of money but they know absolutly nothing about human relation and how to have a company with good moral people ratting on each other is not good team work

*Last year's categories Delivery and Transportation & Logistics were combined to form this category.
picture5lu9.png
:1036316054:

MOST ADMIRED - United Parcel Service:1036316054:

My TM came back from the Dallas union meeting, and to say he was humbled by what he was told would be an understatement:shock:. Now that he(and his regional VP) know that we are not going to have to take the B.S. anymore. When we are under contract, we will begin at year 0. The past will be put aside (but never forgotten) and we will move ahead as equals:Rulz: in making UPS Freight the biggest and best LTL carrier in America. Why? Because it is in the best interests of all of us to make the company succeed. More $ for the company means more $ for the employees. And that is what it is all about girls and boys, MONEY! Everytime I see that UPS Freight TV ad I know that My future is bright. UPS and the Teamsters, the best team to be on.:woohoo1:

:1036316054: Thank you! I needed to break the ice a bit.

My TM has suddenly become a jerk.

For some reason:
  • He has become very standoffish towards the drivers.
  • Makes it like we are inconveniencing him when approached.
  • Asks us for questions and concerns yet brushes them off with an "Oh Well" attitude.
  • Feels it's a burden on him to hold his weekly meetings.

*We all feel he is feeling the UPS hammer hitting the Overnite nail.
*He can't seem to put a grasp on excessive OP(On Property) time.
*We also feel he knows he is going to lose alot of operational flexiblity because we chose to organize.

Bottom Line:
If he wants to be a jerk, it's all good. We are happy and know he's not.
Give in!...You must not resist! Give in!...You must not resist!

Man I stopped at weekly meetings....We have NEVER had weekly anything....If we are to find out ANYTHING that we are to do or that is going to change....Either the DVR drivers or my self bring back the news....It is rediculous.....And now that they are trying to enforce all of it...We are like those little ducks at the circus that get shot at....Some one p!sses the wrong way and we have a man down......

We are already being written up for the stupid things so far. The small things you think would not matter. They do now.

Yes but when you realize you need to slow down and do everything by the book you will be a better and safer driver. You will benefit from it. It will perfect you in becoming a good little teamster. They will have to hire more instead of laying off to get all the work done. We have drivers getting wrote up for punching in on the diad one minute to soon after lunch.
I would do my job at a good steady pace and take all by breaks and lunches to the letter.
The days of going the extra mile and skipping lunches and breaks like we did for O is over with. This is what UPS wants they are going to get it. :1036316054:

From what I have heard our new policy book will be out the 29Th of March.:hide:

This could be, but I have heard that the Teamsters filed a compaint with the NLRB that this was a bi-lateral action and can not be done while there are negotiations going on. So it may be that the new rules will not go into effect permanently. Especially the vacation part, vacation is a negotiated benefit, not a work rule.:1036316054: