TForce | My TM came back from a 3 day meeting @ Newburg.

:1036316054: Thank you! I needed to break the ice a bit.

My TM has suddenly become a jerk.

For some reason:
  • He has become very standoffish towards the drivers.
  • Makes it like we are inconveniencing him when approached.
  • Asks us for questions and concerns yet brushes them off with an "Oh Well" attitude.
  • Feels it's a burden on him to hold his weekly meetings.

*We all feel he is feeling the UPS hammer hitting the Overnite nail.
*He can't seem to put a grasp on excessive OP(On Property) time.
*We also feel he knows he is going to lose alot of operational flexiblity because we chose to organize.

Bottom Line:
If he wants to be a jerk, it's all good. We are happy and know he's not.
Give in!...You must not resist! Give in!...You must not resist!

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!:biglaugh:

Lieb and I are not real bright but, we don't split atoms on the weekends, as a hobby, as you do, but it appeared to both of us that you don't consider a pre trip a requirement. So where did we go wrong here Mr. absent minded professor aka. braniac? Elvis out and learning from my student.....

You can say that again Mr. Truck Driver.:hysterical:

I entered the discussion here

Do you see where I said "Other than his required duties."? Isn't a pretrip part of the required duties?

Then the next post lieb responds:

Where he gets "forget the pretrip of the equiptment" I don't know, I never said that. It caught me off guard.

So I asked:

I asked him "would you call a pretrip required"?

The next 4 posts are you and him saying I am unsafe and don't do pretrips. You too are really somthing else.

Ok, Overnite I took it like that to. So I'm glad you explained it better.:1036316054:

O, I read your post, in your case the pretrip is most important, for the security, and wellbeing for those around you, as well as yourself and the vehicle. Minutes here, and minutes there, is not my concearn when it comes to the safety of my vehicle. You did say however "Required Duties" the time alloted to us by the company is a joke. When one has too rush on a pretrip, that is irresponsible.

For a city driver not only is what I have mentioned above important, but the security of the freight loaded in the trailer as well, Unfortunatly, I am not going to hang my hat for safety on the coatrack of a part time person who say's he or she is going to brace or palletize my freight.

@ $10.00/ Hr. or whatever they earn, I will not take the word of a possible disgruntled worker in securing my freight, and I will not cut corners in ensuring my vehicle is safe in leaving the yard, that in itself is irresponsible, regaurdless as to what the figures say, it is my job to do this, I have an accident due to my irresponsibility those #'s you quoted shrink, and I loose my job.

Furthermore, UPS may save alot of monies, and it is thier job to watch them, but let's be responsible first, the time they alot to us for a pre trip is rediculous to begin with, the law say's 15-30 minutes, I do 15-30 minutes. Period, and that is the way it should be.

ACC, You are sounding to much like a professional Truck Driver.:1036316054::funky:

I agree. The issues I've personally gone through that has taken me into the Bad Boy part of OP time is:

• Waiting in line to fuel.
  • Waiting in line to get tractor fluids.
  • Waiting for mechanics to fix something.
  • Waiting for freight to arrive to my loading door.
  • Waiting for dockworkers to shot gun my load.
  • Road Drivers coming in late and Dock supervisor holding my trailer hostage until they can break those loads.
  • Time it takes to do the above mentioned.
  • Time it takes to secure and inspect your load.
  • Time it takes to write up the load manifest and have dispatch enter it in the computer.
  • Time it takes to get your stupid DIAD to boot up.
  • ........Damn there's too much to list!
There is a lot that comes into play in any given day. At that point OP time doesn't mean crap to me as long as I am doing my work to the best of my ability.

Funny thing is they want you to enter any delays in the Diad to help lower OP time.
Hmmm How can you enter "At shop for repairs" When you can't even log in without your DR's being entered? (It only applies to some people that have loads ready but not all)

Either way I love UPS.

I was talking to a UPS driver and he told me that diad is your best friend. Learn how to use it to your benefit. I'm a line driver so I don't deal with them. But he told me there are codes to put in for everything. If you don't do it for every delay they will come to you for stealing company time. So if you are stuck in the yard for any reason there is a code to put yourself under. Of course you probably already know this but some might not.:1036316054:

It's really to bad we are taking this forum and turning it into a CB Rambo board. We are losing all our creditability if we don't stop and start talking about real company issues. I think this is what Jeff's vision of the truckingboards is. A place where company driver of various companies can come together and learn about each other and what is going on in our world. It's OK to have fun. But don't we all get enough tearing down at work. Let's let this be a place where we can come for help and advise.
Not a CB Rambo place that drivers will turn off like they do their radios.:1036316054:

Just trying to make some points (pun intended):Poke: And have some fun at the same time! Overnite knows I am just having my way with him. He should feel lucky I'm paying so much attention to him! After all, I am the (self proclaimed) KING OF THE WORKING STIFF!!!!:hysterical: Elvis out.....

I'm jealous!:biglaugh:

Heres my 2 cents on Overnite becoming a steward.
from the posts he puts out he really is one who does his research.
thats a very good trait of someone who is going to stand up for his members rights against being wronged by any of his authority figures.
Hes also someone who speaks his mind not holding anything back if someone likes it or not.
All very good qualities for becoming a union steward in my opinion!

AP, Correct me if I'm wrong but I heard that a shop steward has to fight for your job just as hard even if you are in the wrong. Is that true. If so I don't want that job. Al through if that was the case I just I would try???

My TM came back from the Dallas union meeting, and to say he was humbled by what he was told would be an understatement:shock:. Now that he(and his regional VP) know that we are not going to have to take the B.S. anymore. When we are under contract, we will begin at year 0. The past will be put aside (but never forgotten) and we will move ahead as equals:Rulz: in making UPS Freight the biggest and best LTL carrier in America. Why? Because it is in the best interests of all of us to make the company succeed. More $ for the company means more $ for the employees. And that is what it is all about girls and boys, MONEY! Everytime I see that UPS Freight TV ad I know that My future is bright. UPS and the Teamsters, the best team to be on
WOW! This is almost a complete positive post.:party-smiley-017::d6625240:

Lieb and I are not real bright but, we don't split atoms on the weekends, as a hobby, as you do, but it appeared to both of us that you don't consider a pre trip a requirement. So where did we go wrong here Mr. absent minded professor aka. braniac? Elvis out and learning from my student.....

Speak for yourself King, I am, right at this very moment, constructing a time machine, this will allow all the ovnt war-horses:butt kiss: the chance to go back in time and be non-union company again:eek:. Leo and Gordon will be there! Minus the large stock options they were given when UPS bought ovnt.:console:

Speak for yourself King, I am, right at this very moment, constructing a time machine, this will allow all the ovnt war-horses:butt kiss: the chance to go back in time and be non-union company again:eek:. Leo and Gordon will be there! Minus the large stock options they were given when UPS bought ovnt.:console:

Ouch! You are brutal! But I like it. Elvis out...:chairshot:

This could be, but I have heard that the Teamsters filed a compaint with the NLRB that this was a bi-lateral action and can not be done while there are negotiations going on. So it may be that the new rules will not go into effect permanently. Especially the vacation part, vacation is a negotiated benefit, not a work rule.:1036316054:

Everything I have read or been told is the union has nothing to do with rules.

The company can come up with whatever rules it wants as long as it doesn't violate the contract.

Skeeter, are you trying to get your post count up?

Everything I have read or been told is the union has nothing to do with rules.

The company can come up with whatever rules it wants as long as it doesn't violate the contract.

Skeeter, are you trying to get your post count up?

all you are doing is validating my opinion that we need a union contract to deal with this new regime. Period! And that is all I have to say about that! Elvis out....

My TM came back from the Dallas union meeting, and to say he was humbled by what he was told would be an understatement:shock:. Now that he(and his regional VP) know that we are not going to have to take the B.S. anymore. When we are under contract, we will begin at year 0. The past will be put aside (but never forgotten) and we will move ahead as equals:Rulz: in making UPS Freight the biggest and best LTL carrier in America. Why? Because it is in the best interests of all of us to make the company succeed. More $ for the company means more $ for the employees. And that is what it is all about girls and boys, MONEY! Everytime I see that UPS Freight TV ad I know that My future is bright. UPS and the Teamsters, the best team to be on
WOW! This is almost a complete positive post.:party-smiley-017::d6625240:

I'm all warm and fuzzy.