orr
lime city
tmx
mcclean
cf
preston
overland

third quarter last year

Name the truckers who have gone out of business (since you have been in trucking) and let me know if the company is union or non union... I'll go first Brother's and Sister's...Blue Mule's thread gave me the idea to do this...Bless You BlueMule!!! Trucking company 'Norwalk Truck Lines' 'year 1968' (union)...bought by Yellow, Preston 151 line....your turn Bros...sis's...

These are old numbers if you read the link, way more than a thousand have gone out by now. Its safe to say most all were non union.
Nearly 800 Trucking Companies Out of Business Due to Recession - News - Work Truck

the accusation is without merit

this is an ANTI -UNION THREAD.since deregulation hundreds of UNION COMPANIES HAVE GONE OUT OF BUSINESS.non union companies couldnt compete against union companies back then,NOW union companies cant compete against non -union companies.the guy who started this thread is well aware of this.the teamsters contolled every thing in the trucking buss before deregulation.CORRUPTION and GREED in the teamsters pre-deregultion brought are union to the weak state were in NOW.NOT HOFFA jr.IF everyone just does there job and most guys do, we will pull out of this and not get added to the list.the more guys who continue to stick it to the company are just making non union companies stronger.
The accusation that this is an Anti Union thread is without evidence. There IS evidence that I am a strong Union Employee and very PRO Union. Anti Union? Hardly. Try again. My intent here is to show just the opposite. I intend to show that Unions and Union Employees are not to blame for companies going out of business (deregulation or not). It is entirely managements inability to manage correctly that causes companies to go out of business. This is not an opinion, it is a fact.

i appologize,it wasnt my intent to question your union integrity. but there is so much union bashing going on. i guess i wasnt aware of all the facts.. you learn something new everyday.good tread

I am seeing more union companies that have gone out of business than non union ...my hope was to show that unions aren't the cause but that management or the economic times may also have been a factor.:duh::holysheep:

You are at a huge disadvantage . Since a large majority of trucking companies were union years ago , statistically more union companies will have closed .

Anr
bemac
carolina
churchhill
crouse
halls
helms
ircd
pie
campbells
navajo
commercial of ohio
commercial of indiana
orr
lime city
tmx
mcclean
cf
preston
overland

If Navajo is out of bizz then why am I seeing their trucks and trailers on the road??

If Navajo is out of bizz then why am I seeing their trucks and trailers on the road??
The original Navajo freight lines was bought by ABF in 1978 making ABF into a nationwide carrier, prior to 1978 ABF didn't have operating authority west of Kansas.The Navajo you see now is a pale imitation of the original..

The original Navajo freight lines was bought by ABF in 1978 making ABF into a nationwide carrier, prior to 1978 ABF didn't have operating authority west of Kansas.The Navajo you see now is a pale imitation of the original..
The old Navajo "blue eyed indian".

file003b.jpg

Yellow bought Adley Express in New Haven CT to begin operations in Ct back in the early 70's I believe..could have been earlier

AF
Burlington Motor Carriers
Watkins

All non-union

When did AF and Watkins go out of business? Just because they were purchased by FedEx and the names were changed?

By that logic, wouldn't folks be counting Yellow and Roadway, since as YRC they are now one company? (Sorry if this has already been addressed - I haven't read every page in this thread.)

oaf

When did AF and Watkins go out of business? Just because they were purchased by FedEx and the names were changed?

By that logic, wouldn't folks be counting Yellow and Roadway, since as YRC
they are now one company
? (Sorry if this has already been addressed - I haven't read every page in this thread.)

oaf
YRC is keepin the name brand and colors alive in Y*R*C is one way to look at it. AF and Watkins are extinct

Joe, You should know your Adley history 1974 Yellow Transit purchaced the rights for Adley. Time for some home schooling.

TY, but I do remember when dereg came..Yellow was the first to offer big discounts and the competition started droppin like flys and they became the colossus behemoth that they are. Don't f around with them..they kick ya azz. They and Roadway are the reason for this thread as big as it is

If your an old fart like me, you can remember when Roadway bought out Western Gillette to get out to the west coast. I think Yellow bought out Valley Motors, but I'm not sure. A great web site to go to to see the old trucking companies is David Faust Truck Pictures Enjoy TP