Yellow | Name the trucking companies

Too bad it wasn't the other way around.

Adley was on the balls of their arse when Yellow got a hold of them, Adleys young ones took over the company and sunk it, they did mostly overnight service in the Northeast, then came Gengrass that purchased them from the children and totally ran them into the ground, PM's were unheard of with Gengrass, The Powells are what brought Yellow from the ruins, but then again his son took over and nearly put Yellow into bankruptcy, then came M.Myers Who once again saved this company from bankruptcy, his job was done he moved to Waste Management to save them$$$. This brings us to today where Zollars got control of Yellow and went on a buying spree with no control what-so-ever. This man totally RUINED this company( now known as YRC) but he wasn't satisfied with bringing down the 2 biggest LTL carriers he also had to take down the best regional carriers along with them. Do you think this was the plan all along(since we are all Union Carriers)Or just stupidity, since all these companys where CASH-COWS(Sorry Annieo)and now they are selling everything off just to stay in business. My opinion is it is just a sorry state of affairs when a company this size(now half if not more of it's former self) is hurting to just stay in business. Good-Luck all who have been touched by this situation. BTW I Love Cows:shift:

Adley was on the balls of their arse when Yellow got a hold of them, Adleys young ones took over the company and sunk it, they did mostly overnight service in the Northeast, then came Gengrass that purchased them from the children and totally ran them into the ground, PM's were unheard of with Gengrass, The Powells are what brought Yellow from the ruins, but then again his son took over and nearly put Yellow into bankruptcy, then came M.Myers Who once again saved this company from bankruptcy, his job was done he moved to Waste Management to save them$$$. This brings us to today where Zollars got control of Yellow and went on a buying spree with no control what-so-ever. This man totally RUINED this company( now known as YRC) but he wasn't satisfied with bringing down the 2 biggest LTL carriers he also had to take down the best regional carriers along with them. Do you think this was the plan all along(since we are all Union Carriers)Or just stupidity, since all these companys where CASH-COWS(Sorry Annieo)and now they are selling everything off just to stay in business. My opinion is it is just a sorry state of affairs when a company this size(now half if not more of it's former self) is hurting to just stay in business. Good-Luck all who have been touched by this situation. BTW I Love Cows:shift:

Zollars was told by another old wise freight fart not to try and buy his way into becoming the largest ltl carrier. He was told to build it. Did he listen?

My father drove road for Ben Franklin Stores..I know its not LTL but...he said that Hoffa Sr was crooked as a dogs leg but...he took care of his guys....I work for Holland

A.N.R. Freight which comprised of Associated Truck Lines,Garrett Freight Lines,Graves,Nuendorf,Centralia Cartage,Knox Freight lines and a few smaller ones.

true

You are at a huge disadvantage . Since a large majority of trucking companies were union years ago , statistically more union companies will have closed .
There are alot of Union Companies names being posted here. My understanding is that most of the posters worked or knew of these companies. Most of the posters have been Union. I suppose if I wanted true stats about how many Union or Non Union companies have gone out of business I should also post this where the Non Union posters can have some input about the companies they worked for. Either way, I am amazed by the number of companies that were here at one time and are no longer. I suppose there will always be those who believe the Union is at fault no matter what you do or say. I can name several Non Union companies that have gone out of business in the past couple of years. If you notice, to be fair, I started the thread by naming Union companies so someone would not think I was picking on Non Union. I strongly believe management is always the maker or the breaker of the companies since the management does all of the decision making (they see the 'big picture' right?). Managers will blame the Union every time, because they want to pin the blame on someone else. It's human nature even though it is cowardly that they won't admit they did it themselves.

Bergmeyer Union
Penn-Yan Express Union
CBL Trucking Union
T.I.E. Union
Bendix Trans. Union