SAIA | Nanny-cams

R0MkIyT.jpg
DriveCam is perfect for these type of drivers. The ones without humility are just accidents waiting to happen.

Last edited:
Runawaytrain did you say
Some of the smug drivers we have make me sick?

If you really feel that way about fellow company drivers, that arent just like you!
I think you should examine that, maybe with some peofessional help..
Yes 2018 I'm talking just to you. As far as guessing who you are. I don't need to.

Some of you are talking about not being able to drink or snack while driving.Are these cameras facing the driver or just outward????One of the last "pleasures" of trucking is not having someone looking over your shoulder all the time.An inward camera would be a job changer for me.A little too far.

Some of you are talking about not being able to drink or snack while driving.Are these cameras facing the driver or just outward????One of the last "pleasures" of trucking is not having someone looking over your shoulder all the time.An inward camera would be a job changer for me.A little too far.
Yes it is driver facing cameras. The system is watching you all the time. But only when you trigger an event does it download.

Last edited:
We just had forward facing cameras installed a few weeks ago at Estes.That is the limit for me,personally.I worked at Saia several years ago and it was ok but nothing worth this invasive action.To each his own but this would be beyond the limits for alot of skilled drivers.

I know many that do the same runs or routes everyday. They get a feel for DriveCam and know the areas they tend to go off. Enough said. I will say if by chance you got caught taking a sip of coffee and nothing happened you would be coached. But if that coffee distracted you and you had an accident that would be entirely different. Most incidents are coachable and are no big deal. But get caught on the phone or without your seatbelt then those are more serious. This technology is coming to all in the next few years so get ready. Many may need to find a different career.

Get "coached" for taking a sip of coffee???Damn,this industry has sunk to new levels.
Maybe so, but tell me who's fault it is if you reach for that coffee and the top falls off and spills (burns) on you and you become distracted and run off the road and roll a trailer. Surely in this industry it has happened although it may be rare. Sadly, the mistakes of a few have made things what they are today.

I don't think I have said one thing about myself, but you sure told me..... about your experience and longevity... next thing you're going to tell me is you have backed further in your career than i have driving forward in my lifetime.
You go ahead and keep believing that if it'll help you sleep better tonight.
The only thing I have said, is you can push the Common Man around until you try to push him out of a job. And he has no choice but the fight back....

Last edited:
Dont let runaway trIn fool you.... you get coached enough times and you'll be out the door.... for taking a sip of coffee or even drinking from a water bottle... and I don't know anybody that drinks hot water....

I wouldn't advise that.
Well are you implying that Saia drivers brea
Get "coached" for taking a sip of coffee???Damn,this industry has sunk to new levels.
This is absolute insanity and absurdly childish. I would hope that never happens at Estes and if it does we as drivers should not tolerate such nonsense. Saia needs to get a grip and realize as long as humans are driving vehicles mistakes are going to be made no matter what ridiculous measures you go through to stop it. I'm all for everyone doing the right thing and bringing it in safe but these outlandish policies here are far beyond the realms of being realistic.

Runawaytrain.
You're the one that sounds smug to me. You told me all about your career. I am a pee-on and want to stay that way I'm just trying to bring a few things to light. Like how ridiculous the new company policy is.... and that you're going to have a hard time ramming it down a common mans throat.
As I said once before, maybe you could get some experienced Swift drivers to come on board. Once you run off some of your good drivers... that have been loyal and dedicated...

Runawaytrain.
You're the one that sounds smug to me. You told me all about your career. I am a pee-on and want to stay that way I'm just trying to bring a few things to light. Like how ridiculous the new company policy is.... and that you're going to have a hard time ramming it down a common mans throat.
As I said once before, maybe you could get some experienced Swift drivers to come on board. Once you run off some of your good drivers... that have been loyal and dedicated...
SAIA has the right to run the company the way they want. If people don't like it they can leave. SAIA doesn't want to lose good drivers but they have committed themselves to this. They will survive and are willing to let good drivers walk if they can't get on board. This is a technology savvy company and will be safer in the long run for it.

With our compensation package we will find good drivers. We have great recruiters.

You just heard what the Estes driver said....... about veteran drivers wanting no part of it....
You will find some. I would say most will only want that big signing bonus, Saia will have to offer.. dont kid yourself. Drivers wont be lining up for those jobs....

The compensation package is good ... speaking from experience with the cams... drivers left conway/xpo because of these cameras and the rules conway/xpo has are not as strict as yours
I was just getting ready to mention Conway. They did lose good people because of them but they survived and are now thriving. AAA Cooper has them and they are thriving. The fear of these cameras is the biggest problem but they aren't that bad. Once you get use to them you realize that. SAIA will probably dial them back just like Conway but who knows. I don't really care because I'm fine with them as they are. They didn't destroy Conway and they won't destroy SAIA.