NASCAR suspends Kurt Busch 1 weekend

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) NASCAR on Monday suspended Kurt Busch one week for verbally abusing a media member.

NASCAR said Busch's behavior after Saturday's Nationwide Series race at Dover was in violation of the probation he was placed on after an incident last month at Darlington. Busch was fined $50,000 by NASCAR and placed on probation through July 25 for reckless driving on pit road, and a post-race altercation with Ryan Newman's crew members.

That probation has now been extended through the end of the year.

Busch's latest penalty stems from a confrontation with a Sporting News reporter after Saturday's race. Contact on the track with Justin Allgaier led to a discussion on pit road after the race, and Busch was asked if being on probation impacted the way he raced Allgaier.

''It refrains me from not beating the (expletive) out of you right now because you ask me stupid questions. But since I'm on probation, I suppose that's improper to say as well,'' Busch replied. The exchange was captured on video.......................

NASCAR suspends Kurt Busch 1 weekend - Yahoo! Sports

Last edited by a moderator:
Busch screwed up when he pissed Roger Penske off, when Roger told him to tone it down a bit,and didn't....There were only about 3 or 4 in NASCAR owners you didn't make angry at you, Childress,Hendricks and Penske....As long as you drove your butt off to try to win races, they would let the number of wins slide...But don't get out there and wreck cars and make excuses and threaten to whip a reporters ass, you were gone....Even Earnhardt wanted to leave Childress because he wasn't winning enough races to satisfy himself..Childress told him to concentrate and drive hard and the wins will come...He wouldn't let Earnhardt quit...LMAO

Let the drivers drive again and cut the corporate part done some...used to enjoy watching the races as a kid but haven't for last several years..but this isn't the only sport that corporate America and safety rules is drying up....

Let the drivers drive again and cut the corporate part done some...used to enjoy watching the races as a kid but haven't for last several years..but this isn't the only sport that corporate America and safety rules is drying up....

Money controls everything,even NASCAR.....Never, will you see real racing again...You have guys like Stewart,Johnson,Gordon and yes,even the Busch boys, that want to race,but the anger-management commitee has taken NASCAR over, in form of millions...

I dont think this incident had anything to do with racing.These young punks have no respect.Their was no need for Busch to go off on the reporter for asking him a question.Money has definitely took over the sport,though.Nothing like it once was.It dropped off tremendously after Earnhardt died.

I dont think this incident had anything to do with racing.These young punks have no respect.Their was no need for Busch to go off on the reporter for asking him a question.Money has definitely took over the sport,though.Nothing like it once was.It dropped off tremendously after Earnhardt died.

Don't forget a9 my freind, Earnhardt was called a punk,hothead and a smartass too when he first came out.......Remember how he and Waltrip use to get into it..Harry Gant..A lot of the old guys hated Dale...But,Dale was behind this "money thing" they have going now, he just hated restricter plate racing...And, he made those old guys a lot of money...LMAO...

UPDATE : Kurt Busch keeps ride with Phoenix Racing

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) Kurt Busch will return to Phoenix Racing when his one-week NASCAR suspension ends Wednesday.

Busch met Tuesday with team owner James Finch, and the duo agreed to move forward to this weekend's race at Michigan International Speedway.

''At the end of the day, we are racers so we're going racing together with Kurt and the No. 51 Phoenix Racing Chevrolet,'' Finch said in a statement.

''We know adjustments have to be made but how we fix that is between Kurt and myself. We're going to go to the track, work hard, race hard and work on trying to attract a sponsor - and we're going to do that together.''......................

Kurt Busch keeps ride with Phoenix Racing - Yahoo! Sports