TForce | National Contract!

How many times have you said it is not about the money?

The nmfa protects the employees from work being handed to others, like the dock workers here. who no longer work the bed & bath, which is being worked at the parcel terminal. Or limits on rail loads or sub contractors, what about letting UPS cartage deliver our p&d. Would you trade that for $.42

Our Barn has 9 Bed & Bath stores. We have seen some drop in the Bed & Bath volume. We have several pup loads a day going out our Bed & Bath stores.

We've only got 5 BB&B stores in the Rochester delivery area.
We don't have freight for them every day of the week,and when we do have them,some stores only get one,or two skids.

We used to get all of their freight,now Estes,and an independent in our area called Rogers gets most of it.

I personal think all the hassel involved with this customers deliveries UPS has thrown most of it away,at least that I've seen around here.

Are you asking why you are asking the question?

no it is called messing with you. you are a suck *** overnite lover look at your profile name. estes should be hiring in your area. I here they run the same as overnite did. no overtime. no drop and hook pay. labor law breaking managers. allthe good stuff you must have loved.

why do I get the feeling the 2 of you know eachother?

woodnnn, can you back up any of what you said or is it unfounded useless opinion?

If you read all of his posts he is just trying to get a response out of me.

He asked a question, then he asked why he asked it.

Just join the union

just join the union I have nothing bad to say about the union It has helped me provide from my family better than anything I have ever done.

Holy jumping fith wheels just because we don't all happen to share the same opinions it doesn't mean we are wrong.

But even so we don't have to rip someone if we are not on the same page as they are.

Lets play nice guys,and gals if there are any on here.

It is well documented as well as understood by "all" the the Indiana contract is "not" up to "industry standards"

As far as the "NMFA" I offered a "No Vote" in regards to the "new language" presented.

The frustration being portrayed by all could easily be subsided if there was just a little bit more information being offered by the Teamsters...

"Are they" or are "they Not" working on a "National Contract" with "Regional Supplements?" – basically, "squashing" the Indiana Contract.

Don't you think that with totals reaching "9,000" signing cards that a little more reassurance could be offered?

Just as with the NMFA my fear is that we are presented with the "Indiana Contract" with "minute additional language built in" - It presented in a manner just as the Indiana contract was in the very beginning with just the "Highlights" circulated and the vast majority "not" divulging into the actual "nuts & bolts" of the contract - resulting in acceptance "as is"

That's what happened with the NMFA... If you view the results of voting by area - You will notice that "most" of your "powerhouse" cities voted "No" on the new language - leaving me to believe that everyone else got their ballots in the mail... checked "Yes" on both and mailed them back without sitting down reading what was written and fully comprehending the repercussions of what they were accepting.

It's obvious that "both" of you have the same concerns - Your just both saying it a different way...

We should "all" be fearful that when the time does come for us to vote that the majority doesn't just vote “Yes” or for that matter “No” without fully understanding what is being offered.

It is well documented as well as understood by "all" the the Indiana contract is "not" up to "industry standards"

As far as the "NMFA" I offered a "No Vote" in regards to the "new language" presented.

The frustration being portrayed by all could easily be subsided if there was just a little bit more information being offered by the Teamsters...

"Are they" or are "they Not" working on a "National Contract" with "Regional Supplements?" – basically, "squashing" the Indiana Contract.

Don't you think that with totals reaching "9,000" signing cards that a little more reassurance could be offered?

Just as with the NMFA my fear is that we are presented with the "Indiana Contract" with "minute additional language built in" - It presented in a manner just as the Indiana contract was in the very beginning with just the "Highlights" circulated and the vast majority "not" divulging into the actual "nuts & bolts" of the contract - resulting in acceptance "as is"

That's what happened with the NMFA... If you view the results of voting by area - You will notice that "most" of your "powerhouse" cities voted "No" on the new language - leaving me to believe that everyone else got their ballots in the mail... checked "Yes" on both and mailed them back without sitting down reading what was written and fully comprehending the repercussions of what they were accepting.

It's obvious that "both" of you have the same concerns - Your just both saying it a different way...

We should "all" be fearful that when the time does come for us to vote that the majority doesn't just vote “Yes” or for that matter “No” without fully understanding what is being offered.

Very good points, what I have always said is if the contract is a good contract the teamsters would have released it officially or unofficially if reading and understanding it would make people vote for it then I think that is what they would have done from the start.

From what I understand the process went as indy's contract was just indies it does not cover any other terminals, no other terminal could vote "suppliments" into that contract.

Since the majority of the employees are now signed up the locals are voting to make the indy contract a master contract if that passes then we can vote suppliments in on that contract. We are waiting to hear the results.

When a conract has been reached......the IBT will call for a "2 man commitee meeting" to go over the whole contract and then the Locals will take it back to the employees and go over the contract at a soon to be called meeting at which time those who are eligible will get to vote to accept or reject the offer.

The 2 man meeting is usually the 2 top officers in the Local....the President and the Secrectary-Treasurer.

If a National contract is reached, then a supplement covering YOUR concerns and work rules in YOUR area will be negogiated for your Local......KK

When a conract has been reached......the IBT will call for a "2 man commitee meeting" to go over the whole contract and then the Locals will take it back to the employees and go over the contract at a soon to be called meeting at which time those who are eligible will get to vote to accept or reject the offer.

The 2 man meeting is usually the 2 top officers in the Local....the President and the Secrectary-Treasurer.

If a National contract is reached, then a supplement covering YOUR concerns and work rules in YOUR area will be negogiated for your Local......KK

It is my understanding this meeting is scheduled for 3/25 (the 2 man meeting)

Local 533 will be sending our BA to the 2 man meeting on 3-25-08. :1036316054: