TForce | National Contract!

"Date Set" (?)

Yep, thats right........Tell to look me up...I will be there too!.........KK Local 728

I'm "not denying" that these four references are true...

What I don't understand is that there are "17 states" that have still "not" had one terminal announced as seeking "union representation"

(VA, MS, MO, IA, OK, KS, NE, SD, ND, MT, WY, MN, UT, ID, OR, AK, HI)

Based in this fact how is it that a "National Contract" has been negotiated and the next step of sending a "two man committee" already has a "date" (?)

This sort of "carelessness" (which is what I consider it) is just the thing that could possibly "de-rail" this whole process - opening the door for "poor judgment" as well as a sense of "lack of interest" from those that won't necessarily feel as though they had the opportunity to participate.

Notice how many of these states that were in the "Central States Pension Buy-out" debacle

The union needs to "communicate" as well as "participate" "allot more" then they are up to this point...

My feelings are that they (the union) feel that this is just going to fall together and they really don't need to do the "hands-on" that they would do if it were another company going through the organizational process...

*** Thanks hugnlug***

What I don't understand is that there are "17 states" that have still "not" had one terminal announced as seeking "union representation"

Based in this fact how is it that a "National Contract" has been negotiated and the next step of sending a "two man committee" already has a "date" (?)

This sort of "carelessness" (which is what I consider it) is just the thing that could possibly "de-rail" this whole process - opening the door for "poor judgment" as well as a sense of "lack of interest" from those that won't necessarily feel as though they had the opportunity to participate.

Notice how many of these states that were in the "Central States Pension Buy-out" debacle

The union needs to "communicate" as well as "participate" "allot more" then they are up to this point...

My feelings are that they (the union) feel that this is just going to fall together and they really don't need to do the "hands-on" that they would do if it were another company going through the organizational process...

*** Thanks hugnlug***

I really do agree with what you are saying and I to get a little frustrated with the vagueness of things.....But is there not alot of legal issues with info and if it is changing so much, it would be real easy to step on their __________.....And put them in a situationthat would screw up everything.....

the meeting for the national contract will be Tuesday the 26th in D.C. I was told today that we will have a meeting at the hall the first weekend in April to review and ratify....I really have a bad feeling about this.....almost like they want to stampede us into a quicky deal......read and understand BEFORE you vote....you are NOT obligated to accept anything that YOU consider subpar.....STAY STRONG

the meeting for the national contract will be Tuesday the 26th in D.C. I was told today that we will have a meeting at the hall the first weekend in April to review and ratify....I really have a bad feeling about this.....almost like they want to stampede us into a quicky deal......read and understand BEFORE you vote....you are NOT obligated to accept anything that YOU consider subpar.....STAY STRONG

Quicky deal? We have been waiting for over a year. I will be voting yes on the Indy model with supplements added on.

I really do agree with what you are saying and I to get a little frustrated with the vagueness of things.....But is there not alot of legal issues with info and if it is changing so much, it would be real easy to step on their __________.....And put them in a situationthat would screw up everything.....

Look, I'm "not" talking about actual segments of the proposed cantracts being circulated carlessly...

What I'm saying is:

UPS gave their "blessing"... They came right out and said that they were giving the Teamsters "3 years" to organize the entire company... Basically clearing the way for allot more then what we are receiving...

Where are the "updates" (?) Is it so difficult to make an appearance once in a while allowing the masses to at least "see" a "union representative" and just say "hey"

“Reassurance” can come in many different way’s… a simple “Hello, We are still here”… a “Hand-Shake”… as well as “Pin’s”, “Stickers” and “Apparel”

It seems that we are "all" relying upon one or two people (probably the one or two that made initial contact) to convey these updates and or messages... May-be the one or two are "not" capable of "retaining" what was said to them... May-be the one or two are "not" capable of conveying the message properly... Or, the one or two's comfort zones are being compromised (they are "not" comfortable communicating with their own peers when conversation shifts to technical / general information)

"When did it become so wrong to simply converse about union related business?"

"I" for one am "proud" of what we are attempting to bring in!

"I" am seeking "excitement"... We should "all" be excited about the prospects of becoming Teamsters (either for the "first time" or "once again)

It's just becoming a problem to "keep everyone in the game" when the people that may or may not be on the fence are not able ascertain any information what so ever...

Quicky deal? We have been waiting for over a year. I will be voting yes on the Indy model with supplements added on.

Comments like this are what the majority of us should fear...

"Yes" we've been waiting... But, you know something?... We are going to be bound by this contract until 2013...

If, the language in the supplements is still subpar to industry standards... Then, I will do everything in my power to convey this message hopefully paving the way for a "No" vote requiring both sides to sit back down and re-sharpen their pencils...

Understand who we are... "We are UPS Freight Employees"... *** UPS ***... That in itself means something...

The entire industry will be critical of our decisions from here on out... It's time to be more then we once were... This is the Major Leagues... let's play ball!!!

*** Thanks hugnlug***

*** This is an update to my own message ***

This "National Contract" that everyone is referencing is being "misinterpreted"...

The Indiana Contract is the benchmark for all others to be built off of... (meaning: "Your Supplements")

These meeting that you all are referencing are the meeting for "Your Supplements"... "Not" a National Contract...

Once all the supplements have been completed... the Indiana Contract will be understood as to be the "National Contract"

*** Thanks hugnlug***

There are four states that have never been part of Overnite or Motor Cargo.
And UPSF does not have any terminals there yet.
SD,ND,MT,WY
Ref: UPS Freight : Service Center Directory :smilie_132:
Richmond,VA just had 70% cards signed.:1036316054:

Comments like this are what the majority of us should fear...

"Yes" we've been waiting... But, you know something?... We are going to be bound by this contract until 2013...

If, the language in the supplements is still subpar to industry standards... Then, I will do everything in my power to convey this message hopefully paving the way for a "No" vote requiring both sides to sit back down and re-sharpen their pencils...

Understand who we are... "We are UPS Freight Employees"... *** UPS ***... That in itself means something...

The entire industry will be critical of our decisions from here on out... It's time to be more then we once were... This is the Major Leagues... let's play ball!!!

'The only thing to fear is fear itself' If you don't like the contract, vote no. I will be voting yes. I am content with the Indy model with or ability to add regional supplements. I could not care less what the entire industry thinks. Your only leverage against the company is a strike. NONE OF YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GET ANY SUPPORT FOR THAT. Typing tough talk is wothless. The only thing that matters is action. I would start to ralley the troops for a strike, if you think you are going to force the companys hand. A no vote does nothing if the company has given you a final offer. From what I have been told, the Indy model with some new adjustments and regional supplements is the offer. Wait for the adjustments and what the regional supplements will mean for you. Then deceide if you want to STRIKE for better. :rockon:

Richmond, VA hasn't been "announced" yet...

"I" have only referenced announced terminals to this point...

"We're" looking foward to it!

It was announced on Truckingboards on another thread. Doesn't that count ?
Pretty soon we will have them all.

bigtruckn804
Peon

Richmond has over 65%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well well well lets all say teamsters for life its finished Richmond is officially waiting on certification we had about 70% sign sooooo Happy Easter to everybody::funky:

Look, I'm "not" talking about actual segments of the proposed cantracts being circulated carlessly...

What I'm saying is:

UPS gave their "blessing"... They came right out and said that they were giving the Teamsters "3 years" to organize the entire company... Basically clearing the way for allot more then what we are receiving...

Where are the "updates" (?) Is it so difficult to make an appearance once in a while allowing the masses to at least "see" a "union representative" and just say "hey"

“Reassurance” can come in many different way’s… a simple “Hello, We are still here”… a “Hand-Shake”… as well as “Pin’s”, “Stickers” and “Apparel”

It seems that we are "all" relying upon one or two people (probably the one or two that made initial contact) to convey these updates and or messages... May-be the one or two are "not" capable of "retaining" what was said to them... May-be the one or two are "not" capable of conveying the message properly... Or, the one or two's comfort zones are being compromised (they are "not" comfortable communicating with their own peers when conversation shifts to technical / general information)

"When did it become so wrong to simply converse about union related business?"

"I" for one am "proud" of what we are attempting to bring in!

"I" am seeking "excitement"... We should "all" be excited about the prospects of becoming Teamsters (either for the "first time" or "once again)

It's just becoming a problem to "keep everyone in the game" when the people that may or may not be on the fence are not able ascertain any information what so ever...

I totally agree.....And fully hear what you are saying....It is me that tells everyone at our terminal what is going on....And being that person is a pain in the a$$.....Because I don't know all the answers to everyones questions.....Or remember to ask the BA.....But we don't have a local hall here where we are...So we have to call Denver....

It was announced on Truckingboards on another thread. Doesn't that count ?
Pretty soon we will have them all.

bigtruckn804
Peon

Richmond has over 65%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well well well lets all say teamsters for life its finished Richmond is officially waiting on certification we had about 70% sign sooooo Happy Easter to everybody::funky:

The end of the world is near. Richmond the center of the old ovnt universe is about to go union? Not even I , the Teamsters die-hard can believe that.:knockout:

'The only thing to fear is fear itself' If you don't like the contract, vote no. I will be voting yes. I am content with the Indy model with or ability to add regional supplements. I could not care less what the entire industry thinks. Your only leverage against the company is a strike. NONE OF YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GET ANY SUPPORT FOR THAT. Typing tough talk is wothless. The only thing that matters is action. I would start to ralley the troops for a strike, if you think you are going to force the companys hand. A no vote does nothing if the company has given you a final offer. From what I have been told, the Indy model with some new adjustments and regional supplements is the offer. Wait for the adjustments and what the regional supplements will mean for you. Then deceide if you want to STRIKE for better. :rockon:

"Your" all over the place with this response... Which, is obviously your intention...

The proper quotation is: "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself" (FDR 03-04-1933)

Rebel quotations and imagery will never make me believe that the Indiana Contract in itself is enough...

"Striking" doesn't make any sense what so ever...

We are in a new day and age where as the "the pen is mightier then the sword" (Edward Bulwer-Lytton in 1839)

We are dealing with professionals here (on both sides)... There is no such thing as a "final offer" as you reference right now... at this point in time... "Both" sides understand the need for "fine tuning" and are willing to do just that if necessary...

As far as caring or not about what the rest of the industry thinks... I can only hope that over time we will all understand that what we do from here on out will set the bar for the rest... And, we should take this into consideration...

St. Louis, MO signed cards 2-14-08 to become Teamsters.
Minneapolis, MN signed on 1-24-08.
Check the Teamsters website.

"I" typed "MN" instead of "NM"

"dyslexia"… these computer screens will make you go “cross-eyed” :shades:

"Your" all over the place with this response... Which, is obviously your intention...

The proper quotation is: "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself" (FDR 03-04-1933)

Rebel quotations and imagery will never make me believe that the Indiana Contract in itself is enough...

"Striking" doesn't make any sense what so ever...

We are in a new day and age where as the "the pen is mightier then the sword" (Edward Bulwer-Lytton in 1839)

We are dealing with professionals here (on both sides)... There is no such thing as a "final offer" as you reference right now... at this point in time... "Both" sides understand the need for "fine tuning" and are willing to do just that if necessary...

As far as caring or not about what the rest of the industry thinks... I can only hope that over time we will all understand that what we do from here on out will set the bar for the rest... And, we should take this into consideration...

Ha! Ha! Ha! This is funny! On a truckers crusade. I can't take it.:hysterical::hysterical: That 'over time' line sounds like some leo suggs nonsense.:hysterical: I need a shot!:biglaugh: