TForce | National Master UPS Freight Agreement (2013-2018) and TeamCare Info

We are working hard to organize FedEx Freight and this information will definitely help our case. It looks like you have two health insurance options available, one of which you pay for. Can you tell me how much you pay for this plan? Approximately how much are current union dues for a UPS Freight driver at top scale? Would you be willing to tell me what top scale (hourly/mileage) for single road drivers is? Do you ever receive bonuses? I ask for this information because FedEx Freight management, ala Jackson Lewis (union buster), is arguing that union dues are a waste of money. I would like to compare the cost of your union dues/health insurance to what we are paying for health insurance coverage that is FAR INFERIOR to yours. Your help would be greatly appreciated. -Future Brother

We are working hard to organize FedEx Freight and this information will definitely help our case. It looks like you have two health insurance options available, one of which you pay for. Can you tell me how much you pay for this plan? Approximately how much are current union dues for a UPS Freight driver at top scale? Would you be willing to tell me what top scale (hourly/mileage) for single road drivers is? Do you ever receive bonuses? I ask for this information because FedEx Freight management, ala Jackson Lewis (union buster), is arguing that union dues are a waste of money. I would like to compare the cost of your union dues/health insurance to what we are paying for health insurance coverage that is FAR INFERIOR to yours. Your help would be greatly appreciated. -Future Brother
We pay around $52/m here in local 776 dues wise unless my figures are off.

As far as health insurance for the premium stuff I pay around $33/w.

Top rate and all that stuff can be found inside the contract shouldn't be too hard to find. Only down side and it's small in my opinion is that there is no employer match for 401k but considering we get a pension of $105/m for every yr of service with no cap use to have a 30 yr cap on the old formula.

I pay $30 dollars per week and this gets me full family health care, full family dental care, CareMark (CVS) prescription plan, full family vision care, Hyatt Legal plan, $375,000 supplemental life Insurance on my spouce and $10,000 per child. Company paid pension (protected through our contract) and a 401K plan with no company match. My union dues are $71.00 per month. I am a road driver at top scale .6727 per mile and I get paid hourly for every minute I am on company time when I am not driving at $26.65 per hour. All time spent paid for per contract. January 2015 the rates go to, $27.15 per hour and .6854 per mile

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much for the information. This may also help Conway Freight; the Laredo terminal filed for an election on 8/1/14. It's about time we join the big boys!!!!!

To go to your job and for them not to be able to tell you we don't need you anymore, the dues are worth this protection all by itself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

More Questions:
1. Do you know why hourly top scale is published in the National Master UPS Freight Agreement, but not mileage?
2. Do you have the option to work on the dock? If so, how do supervisors determine who gets to work on the dock?
3. Does the dock load purchase drivers before company drivers? (they do this at FX Freight)
4. Do you hook/unhook your own sets?
5. Do you fuel?
6. Do you clean your own trucks?
7. Do you have much delay pay or do you generally run on time?
8. If a driver wants to make extra money everyday, does he have any options (dock/extra runs/hostler/etc.)?
9. Is your dock unionized? Is the dock a part of the same union as drivers?
10.Did your dock unionize separately or did you all unionize UPS Freight together?
11. Are you responsible for checking/filling fluids in your truck?
12. Do you drive the same truck everyday?
13. Are you assigned a truck, walk out to look for it, and find that it is not there? (This is a daily occurrence at FX)
14. Do you guys go to rail yards? If so, are you paid hourly or mileage?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok going to answer these questions as if it was my home terminal please keep in mind that each terminal operates differently over here.

1. Mileage rate is published in master agreement just in a different section under article 47

2. Mini hubs work dock but we run 2 different boards so only way you normally work the dock is if you are medically not cleared but will be or if you have had an accident and are under investigation (answered via road driver p+d and dock are on same board)

3. The are suppose to load according to a cut time but once you show up and hit your out gate time your on the clock so doesn't really matter

4. Depends on terminal

5. Depends on terminal

6. Yes

7. Depends on run but you are clock awaiting dispatch so I have no problem sitting for $26.65/hr

8. At HRS you can request to run a rail or something short depending on dot available hrs

9. Yes

10. Everyone went at 1 time entire terminal except mechanics they are in a different union

11. That part of your dot pretrip so yes but you get paid for doing so

12. Trucks are assigned to run but are reassigned per management discretion

13. All the time lol

14. Hourly out of Harrisburg of course according to an agreement inside the contract any run under 60 miles (I believe it is 60 it might be 50) is suppose to be paid hourly

Article 25, Section 1(b) states that your health coverage will be provided through CSH&W, but Dockworker posted a link to TeamCare. The summary of the Master Freight Agreement says TeamCare. Which one are you covered under? ...or is it the same thing?

Ok going to answer these questions as if it was my home terminal please keep in mind that each terminal operates differently over here.

1. Mileage rate is published in master agreement just in a different section under article 47

2. Mini hubs work dock but we run 2 different boards so only way you normally work the dock is if you are medically not cleared but will be or if you have had an accident and are under investigation (answered via road driver p+d and dock are on same board)

3. The are suppose to load according to a cut time but once you show up and hit your out gate time your on the clock so doesn't really matter

4. Depends on terminal

5. Depends on terminal

6. Yes

7. Depends on run but you are clock awaiting dispatch so I have no problem sitting for $26.65/hr

8. At HRS you can request to run a rail or something short depending on dot available hrs

9. Yes

10. Everyone went at 1 time entire terminal except mechanics they are in a different union

11. That part of your dot pretrip so yes but you get paid for doing so

12. Trucks are assigned to run but are reassigned per management discretion

13. All the time lol

14. Hourly out of Harrisburg of course according to an agreement inside the contract any run under 60 miles (I believe it is 60 it might be 50) is suppose to be paid hourly

Nice Job!!!!!!!!!!

What if you drove for Holland but lost your job and go to UPS Freight, do you still start out at the bottom?

Yes... I got laid off from Holland back in November... Went to ABF in December and started at bottom scale, which is almost as much as tops at Holland.