Yellow | National Truck Driving Championships

Could you imagine what would happen if real drivers here wanted to compete!
Might be fun and something to be proud of but in these times why bother giving them the free publitcity while they are screwing with your whole life and making your future extremely QUESTIONABLE!!

I have a feeling that if our "best" drivers would compete we could capture more than two of the driving titles. DS.

Well jump on out there and compete all the guys that do compete are very good at it. I have been twice myself i think you should try it. Then you can see what its really like before you talk about being a real truck driver.

dont think they were talking about "being a real truck drive" think it was more about giving a crap enough to waste there own time for a company that couldnt give a crap about them

You don't have to compete for the company. Do it for yourself! When you win you can take you and your family to the Nationals and have the company pay most of your expenses. When they had the competition in Tampa a few years ago. I went a few days early and took the kids to Disney World. Of course I had to pay for that part. But, I always find something to do on these trips to do with the family. If Roadway isn't around in the future or you happen to move on, it looks damn good on the resume. A lot of companies raise their eyebrows to this kind of stuff. It's always fun to see how your skills match up against some of the best in the nation.

These guys that compete in this have to be the biggest company men of all. I would not give this company free advertisement, I would not give them the sweat off my _ _ lls. Just think they call themselves teamsters. What are people thinking when they do this. Hey maybe I will get my ugly MUG on a Spotlight MAG. Give me a break. Or maybe all the guys at my terminal will look up to me when I wear my shiny new satin jacket. It will be great all the pats on the back from management. Maybe the guys at my terminal will think I am the bestest big rigger of them all.:TR10driving03: Maybe some day I might get my own truck, oh yeah we don't do that anymore. Then maybe just maybe I will get a magnetic sticker with my name on it , to put on each truck I slipseat. Man things would be great then. The best part is maybe I could finally get one of those blue COP UNIFORMS, that say YRCW on it. Only the bestsest drivers could wear those. Then I could walk around my terminal and all the guys would know what kinda guy I am. WOW THINGS WOULD BE JUST ALL FUZZY WARM ORANGE AND BLUE.:tongue0002::eck15::puke:

Hey stroud...come on now. I have been to a couple of the local truck rodeos and not all of the competitors are company men. The local unions advise participation in them and want the attention, too.

These competitions are not what every driver wants to do, that's why it is voluntary. I would personally want to spend my time with my family, etc. But that's me. It is unfair to set here and damn every driver that chooses to participate in the NTDC.

Those that did, choose to participate and worked hard to get to that point. DS.