NC.Tire broke off semi killing NC.D.O.T. worker

Very sad that this man was killed,however I couldnt help to think how this will play out.....Man here illegally,family files a lawsuit against the driver and company,family recieves big settlement for someone who shouldnt even been here...

Well isn't that very comforting to know.<eyeroll>. The state of Georgia hiring illegals for State working jobs that could be filled by U.S. unemployed people that are legal citizens. And I don't care to hear that this is a job that Americans wouldn't do,,,this is a state job with decent pay & bennies. Makes you wonder how many other states could be doing the same thing? I only hope INS does some inspections of the State filled jobs, heck even at the Local and Government levels. I hate to see any human being die. But I am for coming to America legally. I just wish people would abide by the laws here, as they were set to be. You come to America for what we offer Freedom, by blood, sweat, tears and hardworking dedicated people to have a quality life. I find it HIGHLY OFFENSIVE to me, to have someone from another country come over here, then whine and cry, because they can't have their beliefs or ways from their country here.....HELLOOOOO......U came here for American ways.....not for your ways.....U want your ways....then go back to your country and have your ways....very simple process too me. I like it here, I am a law-abiding citizen who is working hard to enjoy a quality life with my family and friends, I personally have no desire to go live in another country, even though some have some perks,,,health insurance for all. And I have traveled in the military service and have seen plenty. But, I am getting tired of being told America is trying to be politically correct,,,and we have to adapt to others countries life-styles here. America=You adapt to be here, Not us. Okay, I'll get off the soapbox. But this bothers me being at a state level job.

This type of accident happens many times a day across the U.S.,so many there are lawyers that cover this type of accident, videos about them on you tube,and several devices that have been invented to keep the wheels on the axle.Reasons for the tires/wheels leaving were covered in the wrench benders forum a while back.Sorry about the illegal.

Illegal or not,a life was lost that could have been prevented had the trucker pre-tripped his unit a little closer.

He is claming dumb about knowing he lost the wheels in the first place.
So its between him,and God who sees everything,if he ever pre-tripped or not before he took this unit out of his yard?

Illegal or not,a life was lost that could have been prevented had the trucker pre-tripped his unit a little closer.

He is claming dumb about knowing he lost the wheels in the first place.
So its between him,and God who sees everything,if he ever pre-tripped or not before he took this unit out of his yard?

If this accident was in Richmond County N.C. the charge against him would be 2nd degree murder and he would pull time,I am familiar with that county but this looks like a Georgia problem.

I am not in support of illegals getting jobs in the states, but before everyone jumps on GDoT, please look at the sentence again: A Georgia Department of Transportation contract worker died after a tire flew off an 18 wheeler and hit him.
There is every probability GDoT didn't know the individual WAS illegal - it would be on the contractor company and if it is proven the guy was illegal, I would bet that the contractor company looses its contract with the state. Not sure about GDoT, but I know where I am, there are some rigid guidelines regarding employees of contractors who get state contracts - shame on the contractor.
Now - another point - about the tire: IF the wrong type of wheel was put on the truck, there is a possibility you could not tell by a walk-around pre-inspection that this was the case. The difference in the lugs is measured in millimeters and you can't see that just by looking unless you KNOW which wheels you are supposed to have on your truck - if its not the person's regular truck, you really think in today's hurry-up environment, he's gonna go look up the rim specs if the tires kick good?
On that one - I have some personal experience as I watched a wheel come off, take the exit ramp and bounce off into a field - thank God no one was in the way. Pre-trip was done - thoroughly - but the wrong wheel/tire - was put on the truck by a service crew weeks earlier and this happened long after the change. Like I said - it was a matter of millimeters on the lug spacing and you could not see it just by looking.
Now the guy saying he didn't know his tire came off - well all I can say on that is I don't wanna be on the same road with him!
Drive safe ya'll!