nct

Just another LTL company trying to make ends meet, Money, Management and motivation is what is needed to survive. obtw have they started paying time and a half yet??

[quote author=Localdriver link=topic=80653.msg837626#msg837626 date=1276563301]
Just another LTL company trying to make ends meet, Money, Management and motivation is what is needed to survive. obtw have they started paying time and a half yet??

[/quote]

Time and a Half.........what a joke.........talked to a nct driver yesterday,he told me nct is a sweatshop on wheels

General question here? With all this cosolidation,expansion,hiring etc? Has the wage reduction give back been discussed here? I understand this is monkey see monkey do thanks in parts to YRC etc, but have any of you employees questioned when you will get back your wages to top rate? This is a slap in the face or kick in the butt from my view?

hey boss,
many drivers have left and are continuing to leave,management will not budge on a wage increase.
starting wage for a driver is at a 10yr all time low,and the older drivers that are grandfathered in with the higher wage feel special now. if H gave those boys another 3-5% cut they would gladly bend over and take it,yes, sure they gripe and complain but they do nothing about it............what they have to do is grow a set!

Hello Skullduggery, good point. Yes they would take it because who is going to hire a middle to upper aged driver? Starting over is the worse. According to the article there is a driver shortage/ The real shortage is for pulling tin cans and railboxes out of ports,and raily yards, not in LTL . LTL has like I said to my co workers and others . There are still too many LTL carriers chasing too little freight,and what you have is throat cutting on price. Who ever is the cheapest wins end of story!!!!

Did NCT stop washing their equipment? I noticed comming across the pike yesterday that NCT truck and trailers were looking pretty shabby! One vehicle I couldn't see who was driving it the tractor was so dirty!!! I guess they had to cut back so he could lease that property on creek road..I forget who use to be in there????? come to think about it that building might be jinxed.

I talked to Dan B. who used to work at Jevic and works at NCT as a local guy the other day, He said they raised the health care again, and the company has given back nothing since they took the ten percent. The quality of drivers they have been hiring is sub standard he said!! i.e. he did not have much good to say about his company or his job

Find it pretty amazing that he can lease a building, increase health benefits....guess he needed to cut the 401k to pay for that building...and why give it back to the ones who make his money...Harry is nothing but ego and expanding NCT as far as he can til right before he retires and dumps it to some other company....Too many chiefs there that get paid big bucks to do nothing..I know from first hand experience......

[quote author=LLC baby link=topic=80653.msg842331#msg842331 date=1277944727]
Find it pretty amazing that he can lease a building, increase health benefits....guess he needed to cut the 401k to pay for that building...and why give it back to the ones who make his money...Harry is nothing but ego and expanding NCT as far as he can til right before he retires and dumps it to some other company....Too many chiefs there that get paid big bucks to do nothing..I know from first hand experience......
[/quote]
OMGAWA!!!! You speak truth brother warrior! from what tribe do you come from??

[quote author=skullduggery link=topic=80653.msg843326#msg843326 date=1278186780]
i seen some kid maybe 21-22 driving for nct........hip-hop clothes,hat on sideways,total gangsta look.
will not be long before you see some turbins over there.
[/quote]
O-NO your not saying that the profile of a NCT driver might look like??

or posibley look like????

[quote author=skullduggery link=topic=80653.msg843326#msg843326 date=1278186780]
i seen some kid maybe 21-22 driving for nct........hip-hop clothes,hat on sideways,total gangsta look.
will not be long before you see some turbins over there.
[/quote]

Who knows what you are going to see over there now...They are also dropping half there freight to cartage...but crying broke...I may not be the brightest apple in the bunch but I do not think it takes to much to see what is going on ...you watch...build build build it up...extend the funds and than have someone come in and clean it up and buy the company while Harry is laughing his ass off to the bank.....maybe he dont see whats going on there but dam it really dont take a rocket scientist to see. Hire persons in office and drivers and for the office well again a bunch of persons who get thrown into the mix and have no clue and when they **** up cause they have no clue what they are doing...than mgment steps in and throws there asses to the wolfs seen it way to many times even with some of the overpaid dispatchers...some ...not all

You brought up a good point LLC, Last friday there was a NCT in our yard dropping freight in Cinnaminson, I had the Pic on my camera and sent it to skullduggery, I deletted it from my camera he might still have it.