FedEx Freight | ND LCV's

Canadian Flyer

They Call Me CF, Eh
Credits
I was out west, passing around the south side of Winnipeg today, when I passed a FedEx Freight RMD set bound for (I assume) Fargo.

Now, I'm aware that North Dakota allows triples, at least between Fargo and the border. I know CF ran triples back in the day and ABF runs them as well. Manitoba allows twin '53 trailers provincially, so RMD's are fine. But as far as I know, FedEx was never interested in running any kind of LCV in this lane, and certainly not the more inconvenient RMD.

Has anyone heard anything about this? The leading van was a US 490-series, not a CDN 492. Tail was a brand new "orange" P pup. One off? Experiment? Ongoing? The second truck I saw was a conventional set of doubles so it's not a full lane thing. Thoughts?

I was out west, passing around the south side of Winnipeg today, when I passed a FedEx Freight RMD set bound for (I assume) Fargo.

Now, I'm aware that North Dakota allows triples, at least between Fargo and the border. I know CF ran triples back in the day and ABF runs them as well. Manitoba allows twin '53 trailers provincially, so RMD's are fine. But as far as I know, FedEx was never interested in running any kind of LCV in this lane, and certainly not the more inconvenient RMD.

Has anyone heard anything about this? The leading van was a US 490-series, not a CDN 492. Tail was a brand new "orange" P pup. One off? Experiment? Ongoing? The second truck I saw was a conventional set of doubles so it's not a full lane thing. Thoughts?
Coop Dispatch??? Any gold on truck or trailers???

Yes, they run RMDs on their Billings lane, although I think they do more triples. I forget the meet point, I'll have to ask the Fargo drivers I meet.

roog

Yes, they run RMDs on their Billings lane, although I think they do more triples. I forget the meet point, I'll have to ask the Fargo drivers I meet.

roog
Thanks. I didn't think the RMD's got that far east. I know they run them full lane between Butte and Calgary, but Winnipeg is an EOL for Fargo and has no connections elsewhere in Canada.

The us driver doesn’t do it anymore. The broker put another truck on, it’s a Canadian driver now. My guess is they load the 53 to bypass Fargo.

The us driver doesn’t do it anymore. The broker put another truck on, it’s a Canadian driver now. My guess is they load the 53 to bypass Fargo.
The WNP terminal has room to grow. If there's a lot of freight going west from there, loading it on a van for head load might make sense. Maybe roog can fill in the missing link on that?