SAIA | NE Expansion

I see for North Jersey they list 390 County Rd. Jersey City NJ. That is an old container freight station whs bldg. is off of Tonnelle Ave by the White Diamond!( for those with a craving to burgers at 3am). It is a horrible old building !! I think it is really the old Clipper Freight terminal up the road at 350 County Rd.

Interesting, website shows 2800 Appleton Street Camp Hill Pa.

The google street view of the bldg has their name on it , but shows filled with school buses. A company by the name Peterman Transportation Services has the address also( school bus company). Maybe the pic of the trucks was b/4 they moved to Camphill ?????
That's what I'm thinking also. NEMF was in there before, relocated and maybe stills owns it and renting it to the bus company....

That's what I'm thinking also. NEMF was in there before, relocated and maybe stills owns it and renting it to the bus company....
NEMF was in both of the terminals at the same time if my memory serves me correctly. I think during the great recession they pulled out of here and reconsolidated their operations all back to the Camp Hill location. From personal experience, this isn't a great location to serve the area I'm thinking they have in mind. Options are pretty scare around here though. It'll be interesting to see to say the very least. As forward thinking as this company seems to be, I wouldnt be surprised if they haven't already started looking for land elsewhere.

NEMF was in both of the terminals at the same time if my memory serves me correctly. I think during the great recession they pulled out of here and reconsolidated their operations all back to the Camp Hill location. From personal experience, this isn't a great location to serve the area I'm thinking they have in mind. Options are pretty scare around here though. It'll be interesting to see to say the very least. As forward thinking as this company seems to be, I wouldnt be surprised if they haven't already started looking for land elsewhere.
Or perhaps even an acquisition.

The terminal in Jersey City is not ideal either. Only LTL left is ODFL and they are in a flood zone. The city was full of LTL's but all gone. Traffic on Rt 1&9 is horrible and it's near the Holland tunnel. The skyway(major route for tunnel is only halfway thru a complete overhaul and traffic is diverted to truck route 1&9.

Is that a hint, hint, wink wink !!!!
Our CEO (Rick O'dell) stated he is not ruling out an acquisition. If it makes sense for the growth of the company I'm sure he would go that way but taking on more debt than is needed has to be a concern. He sure doesn't want to be like Yellow was back in the day. Zollars made some poor decisions and I'm sure Rick has first hand knowledge of those mistakes, after all he is married to Zollars daughter. Rick is a great CEO and is leading this company in the right direction.

Last edited:
Go to Saia's website and look for careers, the big red map is filling out except they missed West Virginia, big white spot there.

The terminal in Jersey City is not ideal either. Only LTL left is ODFL and they are in a flood zone. The city was full of LTL's but all gone. Traffic on Rt 1&9 is horrible and it's near the Holland tunnel. The skyway(major route for tunnel is only halfway thru a complete overhaul and traffic is diverted to truck route 1&9.
Ive been to that od terminal many times and stayed in that bunk house