NE. Trucker broke his trailer under a bridge.

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
HMMM Sign reads 13'6" I wonder why this trailer didn't clear?
Maybe this trucker was really hammer down,and his trailer wheels hit a bump under the bridge?
Just guessing I'm real clueless to why he didn't make it under without wreaking?
Video>
Major Intersection Reopens after Accident with Tall Truck - Action 3 News - Omaha, Nebraska News, Weather, and Sports |

11184234_BG1.jpg
11184234_BG2.jpg

The Air suspension may not be adjusted to the right ride height. We had a new Sterling tractor (Airliner air leaf) that was overheight when coupled to a standard box. Had to adjust the ride height down an inch or two.

Thanks for your opinion DonRobbie.
That is about the only answer that can work,as the legal hight of standard semi trailers are no higher than 13'6".
I also find it a bit odd that this bridge was marked with the exact legal hight?
The other thing is the video report said the trailer had 43,000 pounds of sugar,with that much weight that would of made this trailer lower then if it was empty.

Thanks for your opinion DonRobbie.
That is about the only answer that can work,as the legal hight of standard semi trailers are no higher than 13'6".
I also find it a bit odd that this bridge was marked with the exact legal hight?
The other thing is the video report said the trailer had 43,000 pounds of sugar,with that much weight that would of made this trailer lower then if it was empty.

I think the air ride adjust to make the truck or trailer height the same loaded or unloaded.

Witnesses who live around that bridge say this is not the first time it has been wacked.
I'm thinking they need to change the hight marking on that sign.
Or shave down the road surface so all truckers can make it under.

So which is it?? It hit the bridge? It did not hit the bridge?
Two articles, two different views.
Major Intersection Reopens after Accident with Tall Truck - Action 3 News - Omaha, Nebraska News, Weather, and Sports |
...the trailer did not get stuck, allowing the driver to get all the way to 79th and Harrison. The trailer finally snapped while the driver was attempting a U-turn.
Must have been a helluva tight u turn and any median or ditch, other in the way would have added to the stressed trailer.

Rig's Trailer Collapses After Driver Hits Bridge - Omaha News Story - KETV Omaha
A tractor-trailer scraped its roof loose on the underside of a bridge Wednesday afternoon on 60th Street north of Harrison Street.But the rig's driver, 26-year-old Jerome Horst, didn't stop. He continued to Harrison Street and then headed west, police said. At 81st Street, Horst decided to turn around and head back. Horst never made it. His rig's trailer snapped and its roof caved in.

You can't see it in the photo of this trailer,but one of the video's shows the upper nose crunched just below the roof seam.
So I'd say yes this semi smacked the bridge.