need a truck

Another one post wonder.

What I wonder is why someone would want to pay to move a car from rust free Arizona to the rustbelt in New York. If a car is worth paying to transport it that far, it is too nice to take to New York to be ruined by the de-icers they use up there.

And if it doesn't matter that the car will be junk in a few years, then why pay to move it at all? Just sell the thing and buy another up there.
I know it's not the right thread for it :hysterical: but I once or twice thought that buying used cars in the south and selling them in NY could be a viable business. See, there is a lot of poverty throughout the rural regions of NY State and their cars up there do rust out quickly. So there are a lot of people who can't afford a brand new car but need a car. A good clean used car should be easy to sell.

I know it's not the right thread for it :hysterical: but I once or twice thought that buying used cars in the south and selling them in NY could be a viable business. See, there is a lot of poverty throughout the rural regions of NY State and their cars up there do rust out quickly. So there are a lot of people who can't afford a brand new car but need a car. A good clean used car should be easy to sell.

A good friend of mine is from Mineral Point, Wisconsin. He thought the same thing, and bought a bunch of good used cars ouot my way and took them to Wisconsin to sell. Everyone was skeptical, running their hands around the wheel openings, looking for the bondo. No one would believe the cars weren't rusted out yet.

He never sold a single car there, and had to bring them all back out to the Pacific Northwet and sell them.

He took a bath.

Nothing ventured nothing gained but that's a shame he couldn't sell them, surprising even.

A friend and I were going to do that after I moved south but, it never got started. "Buy here Pay here"..LOL

OI drove a Star like that in Oz a number of years ago 3 trailers total all up weight 124 ton, I drove from Toowoomba to Darwin my trailers were never car haulers,usually a curtain sider & a dry goods. Or reefer.

kiwiray