FedEx Freight | Need advice on possible fedex road driver job

Todd400

TB Lurker
Credits
Im not sure where to ask but this looks like a great place to start, I have been with a beverage company for a little over 6 years now and have had my class a cdl a for 5 & half years, i started in the garage as a tech but my posttion was cut a year & a half ago & my senority let move to the sales/ route driver dept, my pay is o.k. but man I work my tail off continually and do not get overtime, i applied for a open road driver / city driver postion last week at a local fedex terminal and have a interview next week, just hoping you guys could fill me in on some details they might not & if my driving expeience with side load route trailers will be looked down upon ? I have experience with all types of trialers & tractors & have no problem driveing them but the lions share is with 35 or 40 ft side loaders & single axle day cabs. i hope I have a legitimate shot at this job because I am at my wits end now, thanks

Welcome Todd. We have several x soda company drivers at our yard, so no biggy. Driving experience and a clean record are the main things. Make sure you have doubles/triples And hazmat on your cdl. Good luck !!!

I dont have the endorsements now but & could have them fairly quick if it is contingent upon starting, I listed on my app I didnt have them, So I hope taking the test & having them added is not a problem? I know here in ohio you just take a written test & then get a new license, i used to have my tanker but when they left our fleet i let it drop

Someone else will pitch in soon, but I'm pretty sure its mandatory to have those on your license. You can't drive for us without them. Same here is just a quick written test, although you now have to get fingerprinted and cleared by Homeland Security for hazmat. Get it started now !!!

365V is right get that taken care of ASAP.
If you would like to talk to me PM me as to a good time.
Smokestack / FXFE

Hey Tood400,good luck I know centers all over are hiring,like they said doubles haz endorsments and your already use to hard work the rest will come ,just like riding a bike. @ the center I'm out of they hire road from city unless no one takes it then outside,so don't be deterd ,if they put ya on dock for a while.Good luck again.sorry 4 the spelling

Thanks guys, I stopped at the BMV after work on friday and will get the ball rolling on the hazmat prints etc this weekend, Hopefully ill have some good news in a few days :)

Come on down...

Hey Todd you look like a good candidate, we have several beer and soda hands at our terminal, and they are not looked down upon, to the contrary, I think you will make a good hand, because your used to hard work and getting in and out quickly, and thats what it takes in the city. In your interview, just be adamant about getting your endorsements and be positive. Good chance youll get on....just let em know you are ready to go for it. Good luck, and I hope you can be part of the best freight company in the world!!!!:smilie_132: