XPO | Need help with Insurance please :(

ClearBlack

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey all..I was wondering if you folks here who are more familiar with the insurance plans could help at least steer me in the proper direction as to which plan to choose this year.

Currently I don't go to the doctors but once a year for my yearly physical. Ill list the other determining factors to try and give all my info:

Myself and my daughter are only ones on plan. (no spouse)
Both have vision needs (both wear eyeglasses)
Im currently taking prescription meds for 2 different things. (thru Medco)
Go to eye doctors once a yr. (that's one visit each for me and my dependant)
Go to family doc once per year ( that's one visit each for me me and my dependant)

That's basically it. That's all our medical needs we "PLAN" on during 2014. I am looking for advice on the LOWEST OUT-OF-POCKET plan to keep costs down. I don't want to go to the docs for a yearly physical and be billed $400 for him to feel my testicals and tell me Im fine, see you next year.

If at all, you can help me I thank you. Im just not sure which of our new plans best fits my needs..so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Your yearly physical is now charge!! Hope you didn't pay for it this year if so call and get refund. Our insurance with Conway covers this.

Go ahead with HSA account. Conway will put 500.00 into account this year and you choose 5,10,15 and so on.......Better than years past and my wife insurance we will be able to roll it over year after year. But the yearly physical is free of charge. Hope this helps a little.

Funny thing is, if you don't do the safety circle the camera will be watching and what you know your going be called into traffic court(aka coaching session)

:busted:

Funny thing is, if you don't do the safety circle the camera will be watching and what you know your going be called into traffic court(aka coaching session)

:busted:
If your daughter is young, what I mean by young is little, you may want to go with the premo plan, you just never know with little ones!:6799:

ppo is low out of pocket but higher weekly premium. $16.50 with one kid and no spouse.
basic is lower premium but higher cost when you have a visit to the doc. $4 a week for you and the kid.
Advantage gets you HSA contribution from conway for $10 a week.
fund gets you the HRA(no rollover, use it or lose it) for same $10.
Now, I'm confused.
Healthcare.gov, right?
Gotta roll the dice a little on what you think your expenses will be.
One more day so get on it!

ppo is low out of pocket but higher weekly premium. $16.50 with one kid and no spouse.
basic is lower premium but higher cost when you have a visit to the doc. $4 a week for you and the kid.
Advantage gets you HSA contribution from conway for $10 a week.
fund gets you the HRA(no rollover, use it or lose it) for same $10.
Now, I'm confused.
Healthcare.gov, right?
Gotta roll the dice a little on what you think your expenses will be.
One more day so get on it!
HRA rolls over. Ive had it for three years now. 750 for each participant..each year. You lose it if you leave the company. The others, you keep. Yeah..confusing.

HRA rolls over. Ive had it for three years now. 750 for each participant..each year. You lose it if you leave the company. The others, you keep. Yeah..confusing.

ok,someone clear me up.

HRA("reimbursement account") is year-to-year, right? Use it or lose it.

HSA("savings account") is rolled over and you keep it for medical in the future.

Waiting to be corrected, please.

Hope I didn't choose the wrong one!

ok,someone clear me up.

HRA("reimbursement account") is year-to-year, right? Use it or lose it.

HSA("savings account") is rolled over and you keep it for medical in the future.

Waiting to be corrected, please.

Hope I didn't choose the wrong one!
HRA rolls over...that is for sure. Year-to-Year. I've used is for three years and the money is there..for sure. The other accounts, IDK.

HSA better spend it but on other hand you don't pay taxes on the amount taken out and put into this account.

A PS: save all your EOBs and checks for when you paid your deductibles and turn in before Christmas for reimbursements. Nice little check.

HSA better spend it but on other hand you don't pay taxes on the amount taken out and put into this account.

A PS: save all your EOBs and checks for when you paid your deductibles and turn in before Christmas for reimbursements. Nice little check.

How's the ol' man? everything back to normal yet?

Beerfd he's up and moving some, gets tired quick.
But I'll tell ya something since we're on insurance part of the forum, a word of warning.. better have a heck of a savings account if you go on Cigna's disability. Conway stills take EVERYTHING out of your check weekly (you can hold off the 401K deductions) but they pay you for around 32 or less hours a week. Yummy, love'em good baloney sammiches and vienna wieners.
Other guy's insurance holds out to the very last minute to pay on your totaled vehicle (this is common), it doesn't cover the cost completely because you were "cheap" and held onto your own good car because why buy something new every few years when you have something that runs good even tho older? We personally don't see any need to buy the newest, biggest and best when it comes to cars or homes. When we buy we keep for years.

Then docs want YOU to pay all of the co-pays and that little bit extra over the "usual & customary" of what your insurance doesn't cover if they're not in network. The other person's insurance don't do anything until you're completely discharged. We don't have a lot of savings due to our son having a bad run of luck the past 2 years. If he'd been a bum I'd let him sleep under a bridge. Yeah, I'm that hard of a mother. But he was trying and working along with my grandson needing to be taken care of.

Look on the bright side, our son hit a deer with our truck. We'll have a $1,000 deer roast, deer steak and backstrap for Thanksgiving this year :D Really nice truck, older Chevy but clean as a whistle and people thought it was a newer model. Black and silver duct tape helps :D

I'm not looking for sympathy for us, we don't spend a lot anyway. On us. But my husband has a soft heart for people in trouble. Standing with his cane, barely walking, a ragged couple came up to him with a sob story of being hungry. We splurged at Mickie Dee's Dollar menu cause we finally got a check for the car . He didn't give them money but took the last few dollars in his pocket and bought them a meal to share. Then limped off to our daughter's Jeep we borrowed. He was happy and that counted.

I just wanted to let ya'll know that anything can happen to you. Be prepared. Don't expect any insurance to take care of you. Even if you're not a big spender, don't have many bills things can still be pretty tough.

Meanwhile the ol' man is using only the cane more and more. Sitting up for longer periods of time and we're back to the stage of fighting for the remote. :order: <<give me that remote

How's the ol' man? everything back to normal yet?

Beerfd he's up and moving some, gets tired quick.
But I'll tell ya something since we're on insurance part of the forum, a word of warning.. better have a heck of a savings account if you go on Cigna's disability. Conway stills take EVERYTHING out of your check weekly (you can hold off the 401K deductions) but they pay you for around 32 or less hours a week. Yummy, love'em good baloney sammiches and vienna wieners.
Other guy's insurance holds out to the very last minute to pay on your totaled vehicle (this is common), it doesn't cover the cost completely because you were "cheap" and held onto your own good car because why buy something new every few years when you have something that runs good even tho older? We personally don't see any need to buy the newest, biggest and best when it comes to cars or homes. When we buy we keep for years.

Then docs want YOU to pay all of the co-pays and that little bit extra over the "usual & customary" of what your insurance doesn't cover if they're not in network. The other person's insurance don't do anything until you're completely discharged. We don't have a lot of savings due to our son having a bad run of luck the past 2 years. If he'd been a bum I'd let him sleep under a bridge. Yeah, I'm that hard of a mother. But he was trying and working along with my grandson needing to be taken care of.

Look on the bright side, our son hit a deer with our truck. We'll have a $1,000 deer roast, deer steak and backstrap for Thanksgiving this year :D Really nice truck, older Chevy but clean as a whistle and people thought it was a newer model. Black and silver duct tape helps :D

I'm not looking for sympathy for us, we don't spend a lot anyway. On us. But my husband has a soft heart for people in trouble. Standing with his cane, barely walking, a ragged couple came up to him with a sob story of being hungry. We splurged at Mickie Dee's Dollar menu cause we finally got a check for the car . He didn't give them money but took the last few dollars in his pocket and bought them a meal to share. Then limped off to our daughter's Jeep we borrowed. He was happy and that counted.

I just wanted to let ya'll know that anything can happen to you. Be prepared. Don't expect any insurance to take care of you. Even if you're not a big spender, don't have many bills things can still be pretty tough.

Meanwhile the ol' man is using only the cane more and more. Sitting up for longer periods of time and we're back to the stage of fighting for the remote. :order: <<give me that remote
Glad to hear he's up and around. Yeah, insurance companies are a mess. Like you said, be prepared. Good Luck to ya