SAIA | Need Help!!!!

poindexter

TB Lurker
Credits
can someone tell me what the starting pay is in Virginia and how much the benefits are and how long it takes to get to top pay ECT:sneakiness:

How much is a family plan does it include med dental vision prescription is it good any help is much appreciated

How much is a family plan does it include med dental vision prescription is it good any help is much appreciated

Family medical is 37.50 vision and dental is 19.30 a week. other than check ups for the kids. The only time we used the insurance was when I got a physical and the doctor thought I needed a ekg and stress test. That was only $25 Co pay.

I think starting pay is around .51 cpm top pay in 18 months. Some terminals will start you at the 1 year rate which would put you at top pay in 6 months. The system drivers I talk to get 3000 miles a week pretty consistently. With drop and hooks that should put you around 2k a week.

I've only been with the company 13 months but really like it here. They don't micro manage you, just expect you to do your job safely and efficiently. Since I've started I have had exactly zero conversations with my TM or safety dept.

The one downer with saia in my opinion is that.... if you ever need to talk to central dispatch in Atlanta they are hard to get on the phone and when you do get someone to answer they are usually impatient and can be rude at times. I'm sure it has to do with being swamped with work. One of the senior drivers at my terminal said it correctly "Saia will pay you well, and has good benefits but central dispatch sucks" I have to agree with him on this.

Good luck with your decision.

Family medical is 37.50 vision and dental is 19.30 a week. other than check ups for the kids. The only time we used the insurance was when I got a physical and the doctor thought I needed a ekg and stress test. That was only $25 Co pay.

I think starting pay is around .51 cpm top pay in 18 months. Some terminals will start you at the 1 year rate which would put you at top pay in 6 months. The system drivers I talk to get 3000 miles a week pretty consistently. With drop and hooks that should put you around 2k a week.

I've only been with the company 13 months but really like it here. They don't micro manage you, just expect you to do your job safely and efficiently. Since I've started I have had exactly zero conversations with my TM or safety dept.

The one downer with saia in my opinion is that.... if you ever need to talk to central dispatch in Atlanta they are hard to get on the phone and when you do get someone to answer they are usually impatient and can be rude at times. I'm sure it has to do with being swamped with work. One of the senior drivers at my terminal said it correctly "Saia will pay you well, and has good benefits but central dispatch sucks" I have to agree with him on this.

What is the retirement like 401k pension ect ect and what is a (system driver)

What is the retirement like 401k pension ect ect and what is a (system driver)

401k 50% match up to 6%...... A system driver is a driver without a bid run. So you haul any extra loads and fill in for drivers on vacation. It's not as bad as it sounds....they do a good job of keeping the guys rolling. They may tell you you could be out for 2 weeks at a time, but every system driver I talk to is home every weekend and sometimes thru the week. You would need to ask the terminal manager exactly how they run in your area though.

What terminal in VA are you applying at?

I'm originally from Williamsburg but some how ended up in Iowa 15yrs ago and haven't been able to find my way home.

401k 50% match up to 6%...... A system driver is a driver without a bid run. So you haul any extra loads and fill in for drivers on vacation. It's not as bad as it sounds....they do a good job of keeping the guys rolling. They may tell you you could be out for 2 weeks at a time, but every system driver I talk to is home every weekend and sometimes thru the week. You would need to ask the terminal manager exactly how they run in your area though.

What terminal in VA are you applying at?

I'm originally from Williamsburg but some how ended up in Iowa 15yrs ago and haven't been able to find my way home.
Richmond va