Need Prescription Help

Alan Thon

Call me....Blinker
Credits
Hey y'all

I take antidepressants, but I am being told the medications I'm on are not allowed by the FMCSA. So even with a medical examiners card, and my doctor signing off on the medications, I still can't drive. WTF??? Why did I get my med card if the drugs aren't allowed?

Does anyone have any advice?

Hey y'all

I take antidepressants, but I am being told the medications I'm on are not allowed by the FMCSA. So even with a medical examiners card, and my doctor signing off on the medications, I still can't drive. WTF??? Why did I get my med card if the drugs aren't allowed?

put up a list of what you are on.

otherwise, simply aspirin is what we may assume you are on.

Celexa
Nortriptyline
Ativan

I was told the Ativan and Nortriptyline are not allowed by the FMCSA. I don't get it. If my doctor says the drugs won't affect my driving, and the I passed the DOT physical, then why?

Hey y'all

one, you may have to try a DOT certified doctor, at the local health care clinic.

two, you can still be denied.

three, even though YOUR doctor says you can drive, you can still be denied by the company doctor, or the pre-employment drug screening MRO.

one, you may have to try a DOT certified doctor, at the local health care clinic.

two, you can still be denied.

three, even though YOUR doctor says you can drive, you can still be denied by the company doctor, or the pre-employment drug screening MRO.

So what do I do next?

Lorazepam
Brand name: Ativan
Sedative
It can treat seizure disorders, such as epilepsy. It can also be used before surgery and medical procedures to relieve anxiety.
Controlled substance
Can cause paranoid or suicidal ideation and impair memory, judgment, and coordination. Combining with other substances, particularly alcohol, can slow breathing and possibly lead to death.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Nortriptyline

This medicine may cause serotonin syndrome, especially if you take it with certain other medicines.

This medicine may make you dizzy or drowsy. Do not drive or do anything that could be dangerous until you know how this medicine affects you.

Do not stop using this medicine suddenly. Your doctor will need to slowly decrease your dose before you stop it completely.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

celexa

This medicine can increase thoughts of *******. Tell your doctor right away if you start to feel depressed and have thoughts about hurting yourself.

This medicine may make you dizzy or drowsy. Do not drive or do anything that could be dangerous until you know how this medicine affects you.

Do not stop using this medicine suddenly. Your doctor will need to slowly decrease your dose before you stop it completely.