Need some color?

Discussion in 'Announcements and Help' started by Jeff, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

Are you feeling down? Do you need a little color in your life? No problem, go to the bottom right corner of the forum and knock yourself out driver.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. RacerX69

RacerX69 Retired Gear Jammer/IBEW Retired/Wingnut

You rearranged the furniture again. I stumbled in here today and busted my shins on the coffee table that used to be over there>>>>>

:p

3. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

I really didn't want to but I am obsessed with speed and how long it takes for a page to load up, of course I have to run advertising to pay for the stuff because I am a truck driver like everyone here and I am not rich But I love quickness, I use Premium SSD (solid state drives) for this website when I could use cheap spinning harddrives for alot less cost and 10 times the space but it's too slow for me... I use SSD drives in my laptop here and from the time I hit the power button until windows 7 is totally loaded is about 10-15 seconds, not 2 mins... SSD drives do that.. Now if I am going to spend all those bucks on SSD drives here, I can't have slow loading bloated graphics so that's why I changed... I have a Fiber Optic internet connection, I get 30mb up and down but I have to remember that not everyone here has that kind of bandwidth to work with so that's why I have to tweak things for the users who are on slower connections too.

4. RacerX69

RacerX69 Retired Gear Jammer/IBEW Retired/Wingnut

So you aren't hosting the forum on rented server space then?

The solid state drives look like the way to go these days. Faster. And much more reliable than a stack of magnetic discs spinning at 14,000rpm. Way too much can go wrong and the technology is 50 or more years old.

5. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

We have our own rented/leased server

6. Boilerpeddle

Boilerpeddle Drawing found in trailer

OOOooo fiber!!!
    I hate you:)
    I have been chasing a problem thats turned my 3 meg connection into a 100k part time connection for about a month.

7. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

The kicker is that I live in a very small town and just got lucky... I couldn't believe it when it was made available to me.... All of my TV also comes over the same fiber, it's pretty cool

8. FLOUNDER

FLOUNDER I am LAST

this is cool as hell. I love the color thing

9. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

I'm into the pink!!!!!:1sm364jumpbed:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.