ODFL | Need some Help!!!!!!

gonzo0505

TB Lurker
Credits
okay guys here it goes, im a "OD" line haul driver i had a little mistake or may i say a stupid mistake. i was hooking up the set in a real tight yard and ill be the frist to say my mind was not all there. i had just hooked up the sett and went to the dolly to hook up air lines when i did this i released the air to the b trl. when i did this i relized that the brakes where not set on the tractor it rolled about 2 feet into a empty trl and damaged the hood. i reported and filled out a report and recived a "IRF" and was released to drive that night by the safty man. i know this was a mistake a coastly one, but like i said im not perfect and my mind was on my sick wife, well 3 days later i was grounded and not able to drive, i made a mistake i know this now it is going to the commity to see if i get fired or not i have not been with Od that long and would like to get some input on this do you drives think im going to lose this Great Job. i hope that they no no one is perfect every drive has had falts some more dummer then others but we are not perfect i have had a gr8 driving record with all my other jobs and have recived 8 years of safty rewards with other companys never recived a ticket for speed or any thing like that, im not sure if they really even care about anything like this or not but being a driver you all no we all have done something this dum one point in our driving career some might have been caught and got away with it and some of us are dealing with it as we speak. im really worried cause im the only one in my family that works and am very very worried cause i have no where else to go. so if any one can help with this one please help Thanks for you time and God bless.:ohmy: :wounded1:

gonzo0505 said:
okay guys here it goes, im a "OD" line haul driver i had a little mistake or may i say a stupid mistake. i was hooking up the set in a real tight yard and ill be the frist to say my mind was not all there. i had just hooked up the sett and went to the dolly to hook up air lines when i did this i released the air to the b trl. when i did this i relized that the brakes where not set on the tractor it rolled about 2 feet into a empty trl and damaged the hood. i reported and filled out a report and recived a "IRF" and was released to drive that night by the safty man. i know this was a mistake a coastly one, but like i said im not perfect and my mind was on my sick wife, well 3 days later i was grounded and not able to drive, i made a mistake i know this now it is going to the commity to see if i get fired or not i have not been with Od that long and would like to get some input on this do you drives think im going to lose this Great Job. i hope that they no no one is perfect every drive has had falts some more dummer then others but we are not perfect i have had a gr8 driving record with all my other jobs and have recived 8 years of safty rewards with other companys never recived a ticket for speed or any thing like that, im not sure if they really even care about anything like this or not but being a driver you all no we all have done something this dum one point in our driving career some might have been caught and got away with it and some of us are dealing with it as we speak. im really worried cause im the only one in my family that works and am very very worried cause i have no where else to go. so if any one can help with this one please help Thanks for you time and God bless.:ohmy: :wounded1:
no not od they would not never do something like that good luck.

gonzo0505 said:
no not od they would not never do something like that there is a lady in columbus oh.when i was there that tore up the whole side of a mack up twice an they charged her with it so you will be fine.

i hope so. i have asked every one about it but no one wants to give me no info, the only info i have got was the comitty is made up of drivers old and use to be drivers i just hope they dont think that they are better them anyone else and relize it was just a accident, i can see if i have done this before or had a bad record or a liabilty then i know what is coming but i never had to worry about my job i guess 1st time for every thing, i just hate to lose this job.

Mistakes are made

Mistakes are made.You realize where your's where.There could have easily been a serious injury.As hard as it is you have to leave your problems at home.Now look how many problems you've got.Hopefully they won't fire you.If they do appeal higher.Acknowledge your lapse in concentration and be honest.If you have a good record,back yourself up with that.Things like this make a good work record and a good relationship with your employer more important than you thought they were.GOOD LUCK

gonzo0505 said:
i hope so. i have asked every one about it but no one wants to give me no info, the only info i have got was the comitty is made up of drivers old and use to be drivers i just hope they dont think that they are better them anyone else and relize it was just a accident, i can see if i have done this before or had a bad record or a liabilty then i know what is coming but i never had to worry about my job i guess 1st time for every thing, i just hate to lose this job.
i hope the dont fire you but if the do just look at o.d. as a stepping stone.go to ups.yellow. roadway.holland.or even fed x.or cf an get a lot more money an better benfits good luck.

ya i hope so too. like i said my family depends on this job i hope they can see pass this and i could show them that im really a good driver and always willing to work and have a good work history. ut some people just dont care i guess it goes back to what my daddy say's im just a number to them they can find some else as easy as they found me. if the company cares about there employee's it wound not matter in this case but it does so im so worried.

I can tell you where

DOLLAR BILL said:
i hope the dont fire you but if the do just look at o.d. as a stepping stone.go to ups.yellow. roadway.holland.or even fed x.or cf an get a lot more money an better benfits good luck.

Thanks for your 2 cents dollar bill.I can tell you where to put those stepping stones.In consoling the boy you're firing him before the review even starts.Give things a little time.If he was a **** they would have fired him on the spot.Apparently they see a good employee who made a mistake.A little time is all that is needed to work things out.Glad your spelling has improved some what or are you slipping ?????

JIM BOB said:
Thanks for your 2 cents dollar bill.

I agree with Bob. Guy works for another company and always has statements between the lines with apparent alternative meanings when he post on the OD forum.

well i guess the verdic is in im no longer a employee of OD i guess they must not care about things that go on in personal life's well i guess the next step is appeal but according to the vp of safty that is not going to do a damn thing his words exactly, you no i was wrong but the punishment does not fit the crime i think it was about $800-1000 dollars damage and i lose my job but i guess i was wrong, this sucks dont know what im going to do now, i let myself down and my family i wish od was a little bit more understanding. but i guess thats what happens to big companies when they get to big they just dont care about there employee's or ther family's. i just wounder what happen to that man that rolled his truck a couple of months ago in dallas after falling asleep, o yeah he is still working after missing up the hole truck and damaging all the frieght, thats okay i guess next time i'll make sure to run ove a little boy crossing a street, its the same thing ill would still have a job.. this sucks....

gonzo0505 said:
well i guess the verdic is in im no longer a employee of OD i guess they must not care about things that go on in personal life's well i guess the next step is appeal but according to the vp of safty that is not going to do a damn thing his words exactly, you no i was wrong but the punishment does not fit the crime i think it was about $800-1000 dollars damage and i lose my job but i guess i was wrong, this sucks dont know what im going to do now, i let myself down and my family i wish od was a little bit more understanding. but i guess thats what happens to big companies when they get to big they just dont care about there employee's or ther family's. i just wounder what happen to that man that rolled his truck a couple of months ago in dallas after falling asleep, o yeah he is still working after missing up the hole truck and damaging all the frieght, thats okay i guess next time i'll make sure to run ove a little boy crossing a street, its the same thing ill would still have a job.. this sucks....
HOLD YOUR HEAD UP MAN THINGS WILL GET A HOLE LOT BETTER FOR YOU.you did not let your family down or your self.there life after od.try one of those companys i told you about.when you get on with one of them company you will be a lot head of the game.:party-smiley-017:

JIM BOB said:
Thanks for your 2 cents dollar bill.I can tell you where to put those stepping stones.In consoling the boy you're firing him before the review even starts.Give things a little time.If he was a **** they would have fired him on the spot.Apparently they see a good employee who made a mistake.A little time is all that is needed to work things out.Glad your spelling has improved some what or are you slipping ?????
son you better take the wool of your eyes.sounds like i might no about od better then you. jim bob tell him what he should do now.go a head an put your half a cent in.you said give od some time tell him how much time to give them ok. hay jimmy bob mary ellen said hi.:tongue0002:

Well

Well you both had me going.The horrendous accident you had is not on the crash board.Keep working on your spelling fellas.

Yeah I cannot see where it happened on our bullentin board sounds like maybe this whole thread was a setup

hey jim bob what do you mean crash board? well im sorry that im not that gr8 of a speller or my grammer is not correct but i have had a long week and now looking for something for my family and myself, cause this company does not care about the families that are hurt by this, this is the 1st time i have lost my job ever and now im stuck after every body told me not to waorry about it and that i will still have a job. let me ask you a question jim bob you never made a mistake ? maybe you never got caught or maybe you never told nobody about it. i mean any mistake from a mark on a trailer to hitting a curb (witch is aginst the law) lets be honest. all im saying is i mad a mistake the crime does not fit the punshment. every driver out there as made a mistake, and if you have'nt i fell sory for you when you do, cause im not perfect and never said i was. and if you say you are perfect i will make sure to never be next to a OD truck agin for it might be you looking to be perfect.

give it

Give it up .You both had me snowed.By the way,you spelled company right this time.Slipping,slipping,slipping.

well this in not a fake thread. i worked out of the (dal) terminal, ray is the night dispatch and tony m is the on who hired me and the gulf coast safty man steve is no longer there as of 7/31/06, now you asked how i now this its because i work there, robert p is the one who trained me, i guess you are not pro drive Jim BOB you are just as good as the company if fact i hope this never happens to you. im so sorry that you are better then me. it does not have to be on the crash board to be classfied as a prevenitable accident. the damge was very little.

No Full names..Use a first name and Initial or visa versa.

All accidents are on the crash board. how many times have you read....#1 hit a tree limb. Crash board has nothing to do with damage amount.