TForce | Negotiation time is coming soon. What are you going to ask for?

what was gonna happen to me was not fair, what is happening to guys now is not fair. There cutting runs and guy with 25 years experience are going to the extraboard. There will never be a system that makes everybody happy, but we can do better.

They need to rebid the board then, and if a city driver can get a linebid, great for him/her. But they need to start at the bottom of the board.

I dont like the fact that being cut puts you on the bottom of the extra board, but the fact is, some drivers bid extra board, so it wouldnt be fair to bump them out of a bid.

So by that logic, someone who has worked at the same place for years, counts for nothing? A bunch of guys can transfer into a nice area, wait out their year, and then bump the guys that have been there to the dock or maybe out the door? If thats the "union", I want nothing to do with it.

A terminal cannot bring in transfers at will. There would have be openings available, and the transfer has to be signed by the chain of command. It is not just a free for all. So 20 year veteran transfer should be working the bottom of the board behind 6 month new hires???? I guess everyone better stay at the same terminal their whole life, because you will be f'ed in the A if you transfer. And even if the veteran transfer didn't get to exercise company seniority for bidding, when it gets slow and layoffs come around guess who will be working? The veteran transfer at the bottom of the board.

A terminal cannot bring in transfers at will. There would have be openings available, and the transfer has to be signed by the chain of command. It is not just a free for all. So 20 year veteran transfer should be working the bottom of the board behind 6 month new hires???? I guess everyone better stay at the same terminal their whole life, because you will be f'ed in the A if you transfer. And even if the veteran transfer didn't get to exercise company seniority for bidding, when it gets slow and layoffs come around guess who will be working? The veteran transfer at the bottom of the board.

I am all for seniority for vacation, layoff protection, and such. But i think if your road, your road, city is city, ect. Where we are, the new hires get the city runs that take around 12 hours to do, just because the more senior guys like to be in close. Personnaly I would want whatever gets me the most hours possible.

First off who is "yall" do you really think everyone has the same wants on seniority lists? I don't see where you asked a question. Except where your wanting to know if your correct or not. So how could you get a response?

Y'all is just a term we use, in this particular instance it would be in reference to all of those who have posted that they are in favor of a single senority board, sorry for the confusion.

As for asking a question I thought I very clearly asked why the original poster thought that it was a good idea. When transfering to another tterminal was not.
Judging from the other posters after you every one else caught the gist of my post.

Now that is out of the way, do you have a reasonable, logical fact based, position, as to why company time should be recognized, rewarded, and alowed in one situation and not in another?
:smilie_132:

So say a guy works on the dock for 15 years and is tired of all the banging in and out of trailers. Should the hard work he has put in count for nothing? Right now company seniority gets you NOTHING! More vacation, and maybe immunity from layoff. Or how about this, due to a family death you have to move to Florida and take care of Mother. Guess what, that 18 years you worked in Arizona doesn't mean $hit. You'll be busting trailers or covering for vacations like the rest of the 20 year olds. This has been posted before, you move, you go to the bottom for the remainder of the year. Come the next bid you are placed accordingly with Company Seniority. Yes, it may ruffle the feathers of workers below them. But, guess what, he has more time with the company than you, he has paid his dues(figurativly). only seems fair to me. Ohhh by the way , I am 26 and have less than 10 years company seniority. If I can see this as being fair can you?

Sure if you are going to allow it in that instance, then allow it over all. Not just when it benefits some. I think actually you are supporting my position. If you allow company time in the instance of bidding in different job classifications then you should allow it when transfering from terminal to terminal on a voluntary basis. That seems to be the sticking point with some, and as we all know ya can't have it both ways!!
Take care
Be safe:smilie_132:

I am all for seniority for vacation, layoff protection, and such. But i think if your road, your road, city is city, ect. Where we are, the new hires get the city runs that take around 12 hours to do, just because the more senior guys like to be in close. Personnaly I would want whatever gets me the most hours possible.

Maybe we could push for that "utility driver" bid. As seen on the NMFA. I think it is a smart idea anyway ;-)

Yes, UPS keeps the operational flexability.

In the contract All road drivers not just hub drivers can do any job.

Nightwalker heard from a very reliable source that all terminale will be offered the indy contract, and only minor things will be neg., but the rest will stay the same. Again, this is a RELIABLE source. I say let the fighting begin, because that's what's going to happen sooner or later in my opinion. Oh, and if anybody want's to know why Nightwalker is not writing this....he's at work, working hard like all you guys do. Oh, and I like it here. LOL Thank you.

Nightwalker heard from a very reliable source that all terminale will be offered the indy contract, and only minor things will be neg., but the rest will stay the same. Again, this is a RELIABLE source. I say let the fighting begin, because that's what's going to happen sooner or later in my opinion. Oh, and if anybody want's to know why Nightwalker is not writing this....he's at work, working hard like all you guys do. Oh, and I like it here. LOL Thank you.

I think eveyone understands there will not be 200 fresh contracts .To what extent the Indy agreement can be modified is what has to be tested .Oh by the way we like you here to:smilie_132:

You are correct, But we all will be under the same contract. The contract that was ratified at the Indy terminal is the base (model) contract for the entire company that is recognized as union terminals. There will be some changes to the contract which are supplements and will supersede the language in the base contract.

That is 110% correct!:1036316054:

Buster here's a news flash for ya pal this ain't the nmfa.
Are you going to hold out until you get every thing that is in the NMFA? Or just cherry pick and fall back on that when it supports a particular article?

I was actually looking for a logical fact based position in opposition to mine. I have not heard one yet and doubt very seriously that I will. :1036316054:

I was trying to make a point. So lets try it again. Under the NMFA and under Teamster contracts in the LTL industry it is not the norm for voluntary transfers with their seniority and it is also not the norm for there to be one seniority list. Although one list has been done in the past in New England. Don't get to worried about it, Its my opinion that the lists we have now will remain the same under contract.

????? the hell? I have an easier time reading my kids text mssg's.
Alright i'll explain,One seniority list,this has ben discuss in this form,everyone has there own opinion,we want ONE.(2); 5 sick days an 2 personal days explain it self.(3); 401K is history,we would like it back. before it was a 7% company match? we would like it raised to 10%,dreaming,probably.(4);Article 18-Section 2;they can move your start time up to two hours,so they can call you in the morning,say who start at 8 an say it slow today, come in for 10,they could do this twice a week,an you could do nothing about it,start time should stand,only way to change it would be to re-bid or layoff.(5);Same article as above;100% on the list guarantee 8,contract state's only 90%,why should the bottom 10% not be guarantee 8,say you were a casual for four months,than made the list,wouldn't you want 8 for sure when you came in,casual is guarantee only 4,you made the list,you paid your dues.(6);Vacation pay, P+D driver's get paid 40 hours,we would like weekly avg.say you work 52 hours a wk. your vac. pay would be about the same that you always take home,No pay cut for vac.(7);Health Ins.presently and propose in the contract,you will contribute towards your Ins.If we can get the union to adminster it your Health Ins would be included in your dues,No weekly withdrawls from your pay check,major saving for members.Also,say you are in a car accident,you are out of work for 5 months,are local hall will carry your INs. up to 6 months,an if you took a withdraw card you wouldn't even have to pay dues,pay dues just for the months you worked,what's this mean,that after 5 months when you come back to work your 1st. pay check won't all go to pay up your Ins.(family man $150 a month, 5 month's that's $750) it's a raise in it's self

Alright i'll explain,One seniority list,this has ben discuss in this form,everyone has there own opinion,we want ONE.(2); 5 sick days an 2 personal days explain it self.(3); 401K is history,we would like it back. before it was a 7% company match? we would like it raised to 10%,dreaming,probably.(Section 2;they4);
PHP:
Article 18- can move your start time up tomorning,say wh two hours,so they can call you in the o start at 8 an say it slow today, come in for 10,they could do this twice a week,an you could do nothing about it,start time should stand,only way to change it would be to re-bid or layoff.(5);Same article
as above;100% on the list guarantee 8,contract state's only 90%,why should the bottom 10% not be guarantee 8,say you were a casual for four months,than made the list,wouldn't you want 8 for sure when you came in,casual is guarantee only 4,you made the list,you paid your dues.(6);Vacation pay, P+D driver's get paid 40 hours,we would like weekly avg.say you work 52 hours a wk. your vac. pay would be about the same that you always take home,No pay cut for vac.(7);Health Ins.presently and propose in the contract,you will contribute towards your Ins.If we can get the union to adminster it your Health Ins would be included in your dues,No weekly withdrawls from your pay check,major saving for members.Also,say you are in a car accident,you are out of work for 5 months,are local hall will carry your INs. up to 6 months,an if you took a withdraw card you wouldn't even have to pay dues,pay dues just for the months you worked,what's this mean,that after 5 months when you come back to work your 1st. pay check won't all go to pay up your Ins.(family man $150 a month, 5 month's that's $750) it's a raise in it's self

I have a seroius problem with that section as well. The two hour flex is to vague and is not clear enough. How will they notify? Is a phone message enough? You can't leave a message if you are calling in sick. This article must be cleared up. I will vote no on any contract that has this in it, unless the procedures are clear. Based on seniority and proper notice and posting.:1036316054: