NEMF company Info...

imported_Skidmark

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone have any info on this company..Wages ,"BENEFITS",Equipment .Etc.
Looking at possibly going to work for them at the Camp Hill Terminal... Thanks

check www.nemf.com I heard they make the road drivers give up a lot of waiting time... saving money on the backs of the workers... I remember one driver complaining a while back that he lost 200 dollars in hold time a week when they changed the policy.. crappy union, I think they're machinists, just to keep the teamsters away.

forget NEMF

Skidmark said:
Does anyone have any info on this company..Wages ,"BENEFITS",Equipment .Etc.
Looking at possibly going to work for them at the Camp Hill Terminal... Thanks

please, if you want a union job, don't go there. their union does suck. they are in a machinist local and their hourly pay & pension is below what we at YRC & ABF get. you will be better off over here. good luck.

Thanks guys enough said... I called the TM and told him i wasn't interested .I guess I'll focas my effort on the big three ABF,ROADWAY and YELLOW...Thanks again

UnionTrucka said:
please, if you want a union job, don't go there. their union does suck. they are in a machinist local and their hourly pay & pension is below what we at YRC & ABF get. you will be better off over here. good luck.
thought it was boiler makers union?

skidmard, i think new penn has a terminal real close to lebanon. they work under the same contract as the other 3 you mention in case you need a fourth option.

I dont know I see alot of nice volvos, macks, they use ,there trucks up here in the extreme north are pretty ok a few internationals mostly volvo and mack......just my 2cents

Friend of the frog said:
They have the worst equipment in th eindustry. For the amount of revenue they generate they should be ashamed of themselves.

yeah because i went to the phl terminal to apply and the place was really busy. they had a huge picture of george w bush wearing a NEMF jacket on the wall.

The owner and his family are heavily involved in politics in the tri state area. I believe his daughter is a member of MTA board, which runs the NYC transit system.

Big money, but they cut corners on equipment and facility maintenance. They do spend on customers and stuff like that. They own luxury boxes at both Madison Square Garden and Continental Air LInes Arena.

I guess it is better to be a customer than an employee, but that can be said at almost any company.

Traveler said:
Learn something new everyday. I didn't think NEMF was union at all. THey may have a weak union but at least they have some representation.
NEMF was a NMFA Teamster job until the owner & the mob had them replaced with a union more friendly to management.

2631 said:
NEMF was a NMFA Teamster job until the owner & the mob had them replaced with a union more friendly to management.

i heard sort of the same thing. allegedly one of the owner's brother was made to disappear by you know who. and there went their TEAMSTER representation.

I had coffee with a NEMF driver last night. He told me that he has been there for 9 years and is still not at the 100% pay rate.

2631 said:
I had coffee with a NEMF driver last night. He told me that he has been there for 9 years and is still not at the 100% pay rate.

their union truly sucks. that sounds like a DHL job. the co. makes ton of money. they own about three other non-union outfits along with NEMF and they low-ball the workers and the union allows it. disgusting !