NEMF Driver with suspended license killed 2 95 CT

Nice try 55m.p.h.
The trucks computer will tell all. Guess he is not aware of that.
Sounds like someone is in trouble.
Ever see a NEMF going 55 in a 65 zone?
It's more like 68 in a 55 that I would believe.

Hmm I personally know a trucker that works for NEMF that lost his license.
However he has been lumping loads & Working inbound & outbound dock since he lost it.
The company won't allow him to drive till he is reinstated.
I am surprised the driver that caused this fatal was able to fly under the radar with the company?

Nice try 55m.p.h.
The trucks computer will tell all. Guess he is not aware of that.
Sounds like someone is in trouble.
Ever see a NEMF going 55 in a 65 zone?
It's more like 68 in a 55 that I would believe.

The article says he believes he struck the first vehicle at between 30-35 mph. Just after cresting the bridge.
I think he shouldn't have said anything at the scene, you're not thinking straight after something as horrendous as this wreck looks. There are cars on top of cars, twisted and mangled. I mean c'mon, It's disturbing to me and I'm sitting in front of my computer.
The only reason I come to this Forum is to be reminded that nothing like this is worth getting to my destination 15 mins. sooner. All you will receive is yrs. of misery and grief.

Drive past this scene every night and the markings and stains on the pavement really paint a grisly picture. There's no skid marks from a truck at all. This driver absolutely walloped these cars and they never stood a chance.

I learned & taught my fellow UPS Freight drivers,when I was a safety trainer to keep answers to yes & no.
Never ever offer anymore information,no matter if you know you were the direct cause of any crash.
Thats what the investigators are for,you don't want to put them out of a job after all.
It is their job to figure out what happens in crashes.
However if you do know you were the cause of a serious crash,you'er next step is to hire a good lawyer,& let them talk for you.

I learned & taught my fellow UPS Freight drivers,when I was a safety trainer to keep answers to yes & no.
Never ever offer anymore information,no matter if you know you were the direct cause of any crash.
Thats what the investigators are for,you don't want to put them out of a job after all.
It is their job to figure out what happens in crashes.
However if you do know you were the cause of a serious crash,you'er next step is to hire a good lawyer,& let them talk for you.

Yup, say nothing, that's what Lawyers go to school for. According to the article he has retained a CT. Firm.

Allow me to "stir the pot". The news article certainly implies that the accident was caused by "suspended license". I highly doubt that. Losing my driver's license does not affect my driving ability one way or the other. This piece of material in my wallet has not improved or hindered my skills as a driver, it is only there because it produces revenue for the state. Now, never think that you can lose your license and never know it. You can! We are dealing with human beings entering data into computers and last time I checked, humans can and will make mistakes and overlook items. A retired state trooper told me once that even in this electronic age, the information might be handed to a clerk on a Friday afternoon near quitting time and she has her mind on her upcoming week-end and the data never gets into the system.

Allow me to "stir the pot". The news article certainly implies that the accident was caused by "suspended license". I highly doubt that. Losing my driver's license does not affect my driving ability one way or the other. This piece of material in my wallet has not improved or hindered my skills as a driver, it is only there because it produces revenue for the state. Now, never think that you can lose your license and never know it. You can! We are dealing with human beings entering data into computers and last time I checked, humans can and will make mistakes and overlook items. A retired state trooper told me once that even in this electronic age, the information might be handed to a clerk on a Friday afternoon near quitting time and she has her mind on her upcoming week-end and the data never gets into the system.
I agree with your post, as always. The Head Line is trying to connect the dots. If you are driving on a suspended license, ergo, you are reckless and dangerous. So that must also mean, if your license is not suspended and your medical card is current, you are the safest driver possible. We all know that is ridiculous also.

I agree with your post, as always. The Head Line is trying to connect the dots. If you are driving on a suspended license, ergo, you are reckless and dangerous. So that must also mean, if your license is not suspended and your medical card is current, you are the safest driver possible. We all know that is ridiculous also.
The company, that I work for, several years ago had a driver cross the scales at Roanoke, Va and he was "overgrossed", so thru the tunnel he went with all his paperwork. Now, come to find out, his license had been suspended, unknowing to him, because some sort of child support or alimony payments. They "grounded" him, I had to bobtail down and get the load. He actually did not know about his license being suspended.

The company, that I work for, several years ago had a driver cross the scales at Roanoke, Va and he was "overgrossed", so thru the tunnel he went with all his paperwork. Now, come to find out, his license had been suspended, unknowing to him, because some sort of child support or alimony payments. They "grounded" him, I had to bobtail down and get the load. He actually did not know about his license being suspended.

How do they expect you to pay support and alimony if your not able to work. They must realize that a CDL means you earn your living driving...Hello. Bureaucrats...gotta wonder.

Oh, while we are on this subject. Let me relate something that happened a few years ago when I was hauling mail from Va. to Ma. We had a driver who was 30 years old, he got his CDL when he was under 21 and was restricted to the state of Va. over the years the state of Va. never took the restriction off and he never thought about it. He crossed the Ct. scales on 1-84 one morning coming south with a load of mail and they pulled him around back and inspected him. NOW! They caught the restriction on his license and grounded him, mind you, this man is 30 years old now. The officers at the Ct. scales would not call the state of Va. to clear this up. I was on my way up to Ma. that day and I had to take this driver's brother, who also drove for us, up with me to bring the truck full of mail back. The state of Ct. delayed a load of U.S. Mail for over 12 hours just because of some "nit-picky" restriction that should have been removed 9 years before.

Oh, while we are on this subject. Let me relate something that happened a few years ago when I was hauling mail from Va. to Ma. We had a driver who was 30 years old, he got his CDL when he was under 21 and was restricted to the state of Va. over the years the state of Va. never took the restriction off and he never thought about it. He crossed the Ct. scales on 1-84 one morning coming south with a load of mail and they pulled him around back and inspected him. NOW! They caught the restriction on his license and grounded him, mind you, this man is 30 years old now. The officers at the Ct. scales would not call the state of Va. to clear this up. I was on my way up to Ma. that day and I had to take this driver's brother, who also drove for us, up with me to bring the truck full of mail back. The state of Ct. delayed a load of U.S. Mail for over 12 hours just because of some "nit-picky" restriction that should have been removed 9 years before.
Very believable for sure. I was stopped in Ct. yrs. before they built that super scale, they used to pull you into the rest area. Coming out of Brockton, Ma. The Trooper handcuffed me to the grab handle of the Tractor, for security purposes he said. After he ran my license, he un cuffed me. They can be Gestapo's if you catch the wrong Officer.

Very believable for sure. I was stopped in Ct. yrs. before they built that super scale, they used to pull you into the rest area. Coming out of Brockton, Ma. The Trooper handcuffed me to the grab handle of the Tractor, for security purposes he said. After he ran my license, he un cuffed me. They can be Gestapo's if you catch the wrong Officer.
Ct., in my opinion, is one of the worst state for a truck driver. I was stopped one morning during rush hour traffice going into Hartford, traffic bumper to bumper and this smart-ass trooper stopped me for "following too close". Did a DOT inspection on me and then let me go without any type of ticket. I told him, before I ever pull out of the post office in Westborough, everything is "up to snuff, because I know I have to come thru this piece of real estate".

Ct., in my opinion, is one of the worst state for a truck driver. I was stopped one morning during rush hour traffice going into Hartford, traffic bumper to bumper and this smart-ass trooper stopped me for "following too close". Did a DOT inspection on me and then let me go without any type of ticket. I told him, before I ever pull out of the post office in Westborough, everything is "up to snuff, because I know I have to come thru this piece of real estate".
It has always been that way. My Maternal Grandfather would tell me stories from way back when he was driving a chain drive Mack and running Newark to Boston on the post road. He used to say to me be careful in Ct., they hate truckers. I would smile and say ok Gramps. He was right.